Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 182
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,587

    2021 Preseason Thread

    Pre-season starts vs. Philly tonight.

    Boucher out 3-4 weeks after surgery on his finger.
    No Birch tonight.
    Sounds like Trent is questionable.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 10-04-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,169
    that was nice by banton

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,955
    Canít believe preseason is already here

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,955
    Really like precious, heís so disruptive

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,955
    Scottie anchoring the defence already

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,955
    I know itís only pre season but the Raps are destroying the 6ers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I know itís only pre season but the Raps are destroying the 6ers
    The score doesn't matter to me, but the style of play is really fun. If the defense continues to force a chaotic game, they'll frustrate a ton of teams. This is without Birch, Siakam, Boucher and Trent too. (I realize the 76ers have missing pieces too. But it seems our style of play won't be limited by injuries.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,441
    Freddy G looking really bad out there.

    Precious looks great.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Freddy G looking really bad out there.

    Precious looks great.
    I agree on both. I donít think Freddie Gillespie makes the team. He had a really bad summer league too.

    Achiuwa flashing rim protection, pull up 3ís, coast to coast transition layups... He needs some development still, but lots of exciting tools.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,773
    Y'all looked good last night but it was pre season brah. There is still a lot of stuff y'all have to work on but that's just my opinion. Gotta prove it in the regular season, PERIOD!!! Small sample size for you guys but y'all gotta get back to work on Thursday against the 76ers again but y'all are playing on the road this time in Philly. Then we will see just what y'all can truly be capable of.

    It takes a lot to impress me 💯

    So on a scale of 1 to 10...10 being very impressed for y'alls performance last night for me it would be a 6 out of 10...I'm a rushin judge
    Last edited by Tg11; 10-05-2021 at 08:02 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,723
    They played the Sixers without their 3 best scorers in Embiid, Harris and Simmons. ...and Embiid and Simmons are 2 of their best defenders. The three of them make up like 100M in salary on the bench for the Sixers....lmao. That is a game this Raps team is supposed to win big at HOME for te first time in almost 2 years.....even without Pascal, GTJ, Boucher and Birch.


    What I want to point out about last night is just how good all the newbies (Barnes, Precious, Mykhailiuk, Banton and Champagnie) looked. ..on both sides of the ball.

    I think Banton has a real chance with his size and defensive versatility to leap frog Flynn on the depth chart.

    I think Achiuwa showed off his handle and a pretty darn good looking jimmy on opening day in the pre-season.

    I think Yuta is def a lock for one of the final roster spots.

    Champagnie finished with 17 and 10 (on 12 FGA's) with 3 dimes and 2 steals in 22 minutes. I think he is going to put up massive numbers in the G League this year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,485
    Liking Barnes playmaking already. He makes NBA passes. The types of assists that will work in this league. Nothing too flashy, getting it to where the teammate will be.

    I really hate dragic. Everytime I see him I picture him taking a cheap shot.

    We do still need a true big no question about it. Siakam would help but doesnít matchup with Drummond or embiid. Our strongest guys were getting destroyed, even OG.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    They played the Sixers without their 3 best scorers in Embiid, Harris and Simmons. ...and Embiid and Simmons are 2 of their best defenders. The three of them make up like 100M in salary on the bench for the Sixers....lmao. That is a game this Raps team is supposed to win big at HOME for te first time in almost 2 years.....even without Pascal, GTJ, Boucher and Birch.


    What I want to point out about last night is just how good all the newbies (Barnes, Precious, Mykhailiuk, Banton and Champagnie) looked. ..on both sides of the ball.

    I think Banton has a real chance with his size and defensive versatility to leap frog Flynn on the depth chart.

    I think Achiuwa showed off his handle and a pretty darn good looking jimmy on opening day in the pre-season.

    I think Yuta is def a lock for one of the final roster spots.

    Champagnie finished with 17 and 10 (on 12 FGA's) with 3 dimes and 2 steals in 22 minutes. I think he is going to put up massive numbers in the G League this year.
    I still expect them to have Banton playing as much as possible with the 905. They will want the ball in his hands a ton for development. The lack of a shot and tendency for turnovers will limit his ability to help the Raptors this year IMO.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Y'all looked good last night but it was pre season brah. There is still a lot of stuff y'all have to work on but that's just my opinion. Gotta prove it in the regular season, PERIOD!!! Small sample size for you guys but y'all gotta get back to work on Thursday against the 76ers again but y'all are playing on the road this time in Philly. Then we will see just what y'all can truly be capable of.

    It takes a lot to impress me 💯

    So on a scale of 1 to 10...10 being very impressed for y'alls performance last night for me it would be a 6 out of 10...I'm a rushin judge
    says the guy that was hyping the game in the first place

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,955
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I still expect them to have Banton playing as much as possible with the 905. They will want the ball in his hands a ton for development. The lack of a shot and tendency for turnovers will limit his ability to help the Raptors this year IMO.
    Banton > Flynn,

    I said it

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •