Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2021 Season Re-Cap, Offseason Discussion

All things considered I really felt this season was a success, especially when you consider just how awful the team was in April. We saw young pitchers make their debut, some more success than others, and saw the blooming of Akil Baddoo. The speed between Baddoo and Hill was something to see in the OF. Rogers and Haase also played well at C giving us some stability there hopefully and some solid contributions from our veterans in Grossman and Schoop. Tyler Alexander has been a nice surprise and might be #5 in rotation for next year (given Boyd and Turnbull are likely out for 2022) and the BP actually had some real talent for a change. AJ Hinch looks like he is the guy to take this team into the future.

There are some issues: the bats are still largely pretty weak once we saw regression to the mean and you have to wonder if a guy like Candelario/Haase will continue to progress forward or was this a one season thing. The shortstop position on this team is really bad on this team and needs to be addressed (Castro X2, Short, and Goodrum are not answers). There are still some dead arms in the BP that need to go: Jimenez, Krol, Holland, Urena, and so on, plus the nature of volatility in the BP is a concern for most teams. Starting pitching is dealing with injuries and uncertainty, we need to add at least one quality SP in free agency (not just dumpster diving).

These are my rambling thoughts though, what say you?

Idunno, my takeaway is Big Mig is 13 hits away from 3k and then Torkelson can take over

Hinch looks like our long term guy

Greene can't get here soon enough

Dingler will get here and Haase will be expendable, damn I wish we could've traded him when we had the chance

Avila... not actually doing a bad job
    Last edited by GuySir; 10-06-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Idunno, my takeaway is Big Mig is 13 hits away from 3k and then Torkelson can take over

Hinch looks like our long term guy

Greene can't get here soon enough

Dingler will get here and Haase will be expendable, damn I wish we could've traded him when we had the chance

Avila... not actually doing a bad job
    Yeah, Miggy's 3000 will/should be a fun early next year moment for the team (rain and snow dependent). First time in a while Comerica felt like it had any energy and I suspect the closer we get to 3000 it will replicate that again. Now to hope we have that same energy come October 2022!

Haase might be more of a 1st base bridge to Torkleson. I think they are really gonna get their SS from FA plus a SP. This team could make some noise with Greene and Tork plus a Correa or Simien and a Verlander or Ray. Catcher will be the big weakness and Iím not sure if Zunino is the answer.

Sort of unrelated note but who are we rooting for, if at all, to win the World Series? Houston or Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Sort of unrelated note but who are we rooting for, if at all, to win the World Series? Houston or Atlanta?
    I probly won't watch much, if LA made it, I'd be up all late loving my late sports, love it. But as far as rooting interest, idunno, I guess braves, but who knows, a fun storyline might present itself that makes me root for someone, so