Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    No, putting guys in to foul trouble for trying to create ticky tack fouls should be the punishment. Are they supposed to wait for the ball to go in to blow the whistle?

If itís a foul, itís a foul. Call it correctly.
    That's the way it used to be. If the ball went in the contact would be a non-call.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's the way it used to be. If the ball went in the contact would be a non-call.
    And that needs to stop. Always hated that.

And that needs to stop. Always hated that.
    I prefer it to calling incidental contact a foul. If an offensive player tries to take physical advantage with minor contact and misses the shot play on, if the defender tries to take physical advantage with minor contact and the ball goes in play on.

I'd like the game to keep moving.

At the same time, I'd like to add a 2nd ref up high to catch more things like traveling, carries, illegal screens, grabs and holds, etc. For the most part I think the NFL does a better job where the contact is supposed to be judged based on it's effect and incidental contact is supposed to be let go (though obviously they screw up all the time too).
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-12-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I prefer it to calling incidental contact a foul. If an offensive player tries to take physical advantage with minor contact and misses the shot play on, if the defender tries to take physical advantage with minor contact and the ball goes in play on.

I'd like the game to keep moving.

At the same time, I'd like to add a 2nd ref up high to catch more things like traveling, carries, illegal screens, grabs and holds, etc. For the most part I think the NFL does a better job where the contact is supposed to be judged based on it's effect and incidental contact is supposed to be let go (though obviously they screw up all the time too).
    Totally with you on the extra ref thing and have been since you mentioned it years ago.

I donít mind if they lax the rules a bit or strictly enforce what they came up with. But I just wish the letter of the law was enforced either way so the players and the fans donít have to guess on what will get called. The refs (in every sport) just need to be consistently consistent. Waiting for the shot to go in or not isnít consistent unless itís in a totally inconsistent way.

Totally with you on the extra ref thing and have been since you mentioned it years ago.

I donít mind if they lax the rules a bit or strictly enforce what they came up with. But I just wish the letter of the law was enforced either way so the players and the fans donít have to guess on what will get called. The refs (in every sport) just need to be consistently consistent. Waiting for the shot to go in or not isnít consistent unless itís in a totally inconsistent way.
    Yeah, consistency is critical. The inconsistency allows the players to push the limits and once they get away with it the limit moves and moves and moves and things just get worse. Like the moving screens ... they used to be clear but now moving screens are allowed all the time because refs allowed players to push the limits.

scouting report on a preseason game no one cares about. only new guys though or little used guys last year

Jared Butler-I can't believe this guy was a 40th overall pick. I know all the heart stuff, but man this guy already looks like he could be the Jazz's backup PG. He has just looked phenomenal. Not saying he is going to be Donovan, but man I get so many of the same vibes I did from Donovans rookie year. he just looks like he belongs out there.

Whiteside- still has the problems I have with him, but he's probably the best we could get and hes so much better then azubuike. I will say that he at least has enough skill that for some reason George Hill kept ending up on him and he just got an easy layup and a passout for a wide open 3. thats not something we have had for quite a while. Like man if Rudy could do that, we would be infinitely better in the playoffs.

Paschall- seemed like he should be a decent Niang replacement. Not necessarily better, but different. If he can have some more 2/4 from 3 nights he should be able to hold onto a rotation spot at least till Gay is back.

Malik Fitts-I know next to nothing about this guy, but kinda liked the 16 minutes I saw from him tonight. man I would love it if the Jazz had a 6-8 wing that wasn't Oni. we still have a two way deal I think, I wonder if he is getting strong consideration for that.

Azubuike-sure seems like a complete bust to me. like Imagine if Whiteside was slower and wasn't a good rebounder. I think if he was a 2nd rounder his roster spot would be in play

Elijah Hughes-seems to be a decent shooter and ok with the ball in his hands. didn't have a single assist and not sure if that was bad luck or he just didn't pass the ball.

Oni-I am not a Jazz coach, but man does he just seem so bad. He was supposed to be a 3 and D guy, but his shot hasn't ever been that good, his defense seems meh, and he has zero on ball ability.

westy has 20 turnovers in his last 6 quarters O.O jesus christ

Donít know if anyone is noticing but Kristaps Porzingis has look really good the past two preseason games. The Mavs are a 50 win team with him playing average. If KP returns to form though the Mavs are going to ruin a lot of other fansí year.

The Knicks care about preseason games lol. Julius got angry and decided they were not going lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    scouting report on a preseason game no one cares about. only new guys though or little used guys last year

Jared Butler-I can't believe this guy was a 40th overall pick. I know all the heart stuff, but man this guy already looks like he could be the Jazz's backup PG. He has just looked phenomenal. Not saying he is going to be Donovan, but man I get so many of the same vibes I did from Donovans rookie year. he just looks like he belongs out there.

Whiteside- still has the problems I have with him, but he's probably the best we could get and hes so much better then azubuike. I will say that he at least has enough skill that for some reason George Hill kept ending up on him and he just got an easy layup and a passout for a wide open 3. thats not something we have had for quite a while. Like man if Rudy could do that, we would be infinitely better in the playoffs.

Paschall- seemed like he should be a decent Niang replacement. Not necessarily better, but different. If he can have some more 2/4 from 3 nights he should be able to hold onto a rotation spot at least till Gay is back.

Malik Fitts-I know next to nothing about this guy, but kinda liked the 16 minutes I saw from him tonight. man I would love it if the Jazz had a 6-8 wing that wasn't Oni. we still have a two way deal I think, I wonder if he is getting strong consideration for that.

Azubuike-sure seems like a complete bust to me. like Imagine if Whiteside was slower and wasn't a good rebounder. I think if he was a 2nd rounder his roster spot would be in play

Elijah Hughes-seems to be a decent shooter and ok with the ball in his hands. didn't have a single assist and not sure if that was bad luck or he just didn't pass the ball.

Oni-I am not a Jazz coach, but man does he just seem so bad. He was supposed to be a 3 and D guy, but his shot hasn't ever been that good, his defense seems meh, and he has zero on ball ability.
    I've heard some good things about Jared Butler, particularly about his defense. Does this track? Jazz having a viable point of attack defender to throw at opposing guards would be a HUGE boost come postseason

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I've heard some good things about Jared Butler, particularly about his defense. Does this track? Jazz having a viable point of attack defender to throw at opposing guards would be a HUGE boost come postseason
    I don't know about his defense, but he looks like a 5 year vet already. like he was doing stuff against the Bucks starters including Jrue.

agreed on the need for defense though. I hope that if Butler pops and someone like Fitts can give the Jazz minutes maybe they actually make a move and trade ingles, bojan, or Clarkson for some defense.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    westy has 20 turnovers in his last 6 quarters O.O jesus christ
    Last I looked he was shooting around 20% too.

I don't know about his defense, but he looks like a 5 year vet already. like he was doing stuff against the Bucks starters including Jrue.

agreed on the need for defense though. I hope that if Butler pops and someone like Fitts can give the Jazz minutes maybe they actually make a move and trade ingles, bojan, or Clarkson for some defense.
    I agree. He's a high BBIQ player with a good all-around game. If healthy he's a guy every team would love to have.

I think a defensive guard (and health) is what is holding y'all back once the postseason starts. Gobert obviously has limitations (like every player) but it's compounded by the fact that basically every opposing guard is able to get by the Jazz guards with ease, forcing Gobert to play clean up and shoulder all of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I think a defensive guard (and health) is what is holding y'all back once the postseason starts. Gobert obviously has limitations (like every player) but it's compounded by the fact that basically every opposing guard is able to get by the Jazz guards with ease, forcing Gobert to play clean up and shoulder all of the blame.
    I think this is too far in the other direction and now adequate blame is not being given to a guy making an average salary of $41M.

If the opponent puts Terrance Mann on you or other undersized bums, you absolutely should destroy that team on the boards or getting easy inside buckets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast