Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    How about Dimentia night. Everybody who can prove they have Alzheimers gets in for half price, if they can find their way to the ballpark.

BTW, r we having an old timers day this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I am not saying to sign Freeman but who is out there similarly offensively to Freeman , Correa ?
    Iíd prefer Freeman, Correa is too much of an injury concern to me. Neither happening, but I think Freemen is an outstanding player

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Bryant for one. He has a 132 OPS+ for his career. Freeman a 138 + OPS+. Overpaying first baseman isn't the best idea anyways. You can find good bats at the corner OF spots and at 1st base pretty regularly.

If the Mets want a left handed power bat and price is the issue, get Schwarber.
    Mets need Bryant, Iím not convinced the offense is much better than last year. To be clear, we have to be considerably better than last yearís awful performance

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    We can agree to disagree but in my mind Freeman is a better player right now than Bryant and far better than Schwarber .

Before we start with getting another bat the Mets MUST prioritize on pitching and more pitching.
    No doubt we need more pitching. Itís mind boggling we have the highest payroll but I donít think we have a roster good enough to get to the playoffs. Iím more confident with the Mets doing damage in the playoffs than actually getting to the playoffs

Autism awareness day?

It would be so sick if I could take my kids on a field trip that day. Iíll start planning ahead now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

If anyone is in need of a psychologist my wifeís private practice is up and running and doing Telehealth. Hit me up for the number

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    You missed the point. Actually, you probably got it but ignored it. I was simply regurgitating what you said about Freeman being an overpaid 1B. That is, that he would not be overpaid if the Yanks signed him, but would be overpaid if the Mets signed him?

Again, I'm not pulling for the Mets to sign Freeman, albeit it would be an interesting move. But IIRC you have repeatedly pushed back on any notion of fiscal responsibility of the Mets so to speak, and seemed to be arguing that it doesn't matter if Bryant costs $160M or more, Cohen has the money and there almost is no ceiling. But apparently, as the cliche really is articulated, what is sauce for the goose (Bryant) is sauce for the gander (Freeman), even if Freeman would cost a bit more.

It would be a moxy move by the Mets if they corralled Freeman. The Mets could definitely use a LH power hitter anyway. Is it essential, no! But boy would that rock the baseball world in Georgia.
    He would be overpaid in general but some teams are willing to make those moves. Personally, I don't like giving mega money to first baseman. The Yankees could get solid offense from the position with Luke Voit and a re-signed Anthony Rizzo. If they're dumb enough to give Freeman 6 years or give up major assets to get Olson, that's their thing.

I say it because Bryant fits this team better. He's a RHB, he can play 3rd base, he can play all 3 OF spots (if needed in CF). Freeman can play one position and I don't think the Mets necessarily need another LHB. If the Mets signed Freeman, they would be sticking it to the Braves, which if that's one of their motives, fine, but I'm more concerned about roster versatility.

Whatever the case is, I do think they are short a significant bat.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-22-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    If anyone is in need of a psychologist my wifeís private practice is up and running and doing Telehealth. Hit me up for the number
    That's very kind of you both, thank you for the offer man [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303] So glad the stigma around mental health treatment is fading

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    That's very kind of you both, thank you for the offer man [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303] So glad the stigma around mental health treatment is fading

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mental illness is an illness just like any physical illness. They all need treatment. And even if you or anyone else is not suffering from mental illness sometimes thereís an event that a person needs help to get through.

Bryant for one. He has a 132 OPS+ for his career. Freeman a 138 + OPS+. Overpaying first baseman isn't the best idea anyways. You can find good bats at the corner OF spots and at 1st base pretty regularly.

If the Mets want a left handed power bat and price is the issue, get Schwarber.
    Freeman makes us much better than Bryant does and it's not close. Bryant is passed his prime as he's shown the last couple years while Freeman won MVP in 2020 and put up another MVP caliber season in 2021.

It's really not that close which of them improve the team more for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Freeman makes us much better than Bryant does and it's not close. Bryant is passed his prime as he's shown the last couple years while Freeman won MVP in 2020 and put up another MVP caliber season in 2021.

It's really not that close which of them improve the team more for the next few years.
    Even though Freeman to the Mets is nothing but a pipe dream at this point, there is no doubt that Freeman makes the Mets better than any position player available out there both offensively and defensively. He essentially replaces the lefty bat of Dom Smith who gets traded right after a Freeman signing and puts Alonso into the DH role - no platooning necessary there (although Alonso remains as #2 on the 1b depth chart).

Freeman puts the big bat in the middle of the lineup to go along with Lindor batting #3, Freeman #4 and Alonso #5. It drops a guy like Cano to #6 in the order playing 2b, Canha 7th, Escobar to 8th and the catcher 9th. You can figure out who the leadoff hitter and #2 guy would be on any given day, but most days it will be Nimmo and / or Marte in the #1 and #2 spots. If Vientos or Baty or Mauricio make the bigs in 2022, then Cano becomes a part time 2b with Escobar moving to 2b when Cano rests. One of the young guys (Vientos might be ready first) will then get a crack at 3b behind Escobar when Cano rests.

The proposed regular lineup would feature 4 righty hitters, 3 lefty hitters and 2 switch hitters. The bench would have to be re-created with only Guillorme (a lefty bat) and Nido (a righty bat) coming back, assuming all of McNeil, Dom and JD get traded for pitching.

It also allows not only Dom, but JD and McNeil to be packaged with some of the Mets prospects (but not the top 3 or 4 position players and not the top 2 or 3 pitching prospects) to be traded for a #3 starting pitcher and a late inning (preferably lefty) closer / setup guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post

No doubt Freeman is a better offensive player but do you really want to give him 6 years 180 million+ dollars? Even if Bryant isn't the same guy he was in 2016, he's still an .830-.850 OPS guy who is RH, can play multiple positions, etc. Bryant would make this team much better as well. You're talking about a 1 WAR difference between the two in 2021. It's not this crazy gap. I don't think it matters much because I don't see the Mets signing another position player of that caliber so they might as well go get Schwarber.

No doubt Freeman is a better offensive player but do you really want to give him 6 years 180 million+ dollars? Even if Bryant isn't the same guy he was in 2016, he's still an .830-.850 OPS guy who is RH, can play multiple positions, etc. Bryant would make this team much better as well. You're talking about a 1 WAR difference between the two in 2021. It's not this crazy gap. I don't think it matters much because I don't see the Mets signing another position player of that caliber so they might as well go get Schwarber.
    I see a lot about Schwarber not being a defensive player and the Mets already have a few candidates for DH. Both Bryant and Freeman would improve defense while Schwarber would be yet another DH on a team where we have 3 or 4 already and possibly 5 if you include McNeil who will probably not play 2b with Lindor at ss. What to do with Dom (who arguably had a down year due to undisclosed injury), JD who hit well when he played and Cano (who will be the second baseman until he irritates the irascible Lindor). I can see where the Mets will end up with Escobar at second base and perhaps Vientos at 3b at some point. Cano as the DH and Dom and JD traded for pitching. In that case maybe Schwarber would be brought in to be the righty hitting complement to Cano as DH and primary right handed hitting pinch hitter. There is no spot for him in the field.

How much would it cost for Schwarber vs. Bryant vs. Freeman? Do any of those 3 want to play for the Mets?

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I see a lot about Schwarber not being a defensive player and the Mets already have a few candidates for DH. Both Bryant and Freeman would improve defense while Schwarber would be yet another DH on a team where we have 3 or 4 already and possibly 5 if you include McNeil who will probably not play 2b with Lindor at ss. What to do with Dom (who arguably had a down year due to undisclosed injury), JD who hit well when he played and Cano (who will be the second baseman until he irritates the irascible Lindor). I can see where the Mets will end up with Escobar at second base and perhaps Vientos at 3b at some point. Cano as the DH and Dom and JD traded for pitching. In that case maybe Schwarber would be brought in to be the righty hitting complement to Cano as DH and primary right handed hitting pinch hitter. There is no spot for him in the field.

How much would it cost for Schwarber vs. Bryant vs. Freeman? Do any of those 3 want to play for the Mets?
    Yeah its all predicated on the DH coming to the NL. I don't give a **** if Cano ever plays another game with the Mets to be honest. Its not that its a big deal. He'll play some just by attrition. McNeil is good for at least DL stint a year so Cano will certainly get ABs irrespective of whether or not he DH comes to the NL.

That said if it does, I want Schwarber. I want another significant bat in this lineup. I'm assuming money might become an issue at some point and Kyle will cost much less than Bryant or Freeman.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-24-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Yeah its all predicated on the DH coming to the NL. I don't give a **** if Cano ever plays another game with the Mets to be honest. Its not that its a big deal. He'll play some just by attrition. McNeil is good for at least DL stint a year so Cano will certainly get ABs irrespective of whether or not he DH comes to the NL.

That said if it does, I want Schwarber. I want another significant bat in this lineup. I'm assuming money might become an issue at some point and Kyle will cost much less than Bryant or Freeman.
    If you got Schwarber, you almost need to have somebody to hit for him against LH pitching. As I pointed out in another post, his slugging significantly drops to nearly nonexistent against lefties, albeit he is able to hit for average. So you might even have to platoon Schwarber, except that most of the pitchers are RH as the saving grace. So even just as hitter he might not be an everyday player. Is that what we want?

Some here keep talking about trading one or more of Mcneil, JD, and Dom, and for pitching nonetheless. How realistic is it that the Mets would get back much of value given the season all of these players had last year. This is a classic case of selling low. It is always the same tune that some fans sing. A player does well, no way we are going trade him. But when things go south, the guy is a bum get rid of him. I remember 2015 when Colon was pitching better. I was saying trade him while he has some value, but no, everybody said no (that was on a different baseball site). That is the way it is with fans. I guarantee that one of those three (McNeil, Dom, JD) if traded will come back to haunt the Mets.

I honestly donít see a need for schwarber. I believe Davis will be a great hitter this year. He fixed his hand problem. Also, letís not forget heís sooo cheap. 2.7 million this year. I keep Davis and DH him. Let him DH all the time. I donít like a rotating DH at all.

Cano is gumming up the works here. Not sure what can be done with him but I donít want him playing on this team.

That still leaves too many players on the infield. Or does it? Could make for the best bench or infield rotation in baseball.

Trades, IMO, are going to happen. As we need pitching. Things will get interesting once this stupid lockout is over

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast