Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Can you elaborate on the Ďplay of his teammates when they suckí part? Iím not sure which direction youíre going in with that statement.

He seems to be a really good teammate and is always talking up his guys. Social media presence is one thing but heís always bringing his A game to his starts and is one of the best fielders at the position. I donít think heís ever thrown a guy under the bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean he can be a bit sensitive to criticism of himself or his teammates when they're not playing well. Whether its blocking people on social media or getting super defensive when those questions are asked. I get standing up for your guys but that shouldn't make them immune to criticism. You don't get to bask in the glory when everyone plays well and deflect when the team blows. Poor play is poor play. It was the same mentality when Lindor and Baez were booing fans. Its putting fingers in your ears to drown out negativity.

Own it and move on.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-05-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    My only issue with re-signing him is the money and years. Obviously that's every FA but what scares me more is his proclivity to being a ground ball pitcher. That needs good defense behind you and the Mets aren't the best infield defense. I like guys like Gausman more but you're right, no matter what, they need a #2 behind deGrom.
    Mets infield defense is fine tbh. Stroman is somebody who I would be comfortable having for 5 years and I think heís a pretty consistent pitcher. 3-4 WAR a year ainít too bad. I also think that taking a year off in 2019 is going to help him more than itís gonna hurt, I think itíll help him age better.

Iíd be comfortable on a 5/125 deal. Iím passed the point where I care about the money lol. Years? All right, I get it.

****, give Baez 3/110 - what we were gonna give Bauer. I would be super happy with that. Shorter term deals also help with luxury tax ramifications

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Can you elaborate on the Ďplay of his teammates when they suckí part? Iím not sure which direction youíre going in with that statement.

He seems to be a really good teammate and is always talking up his guys. Social media presence is one thing but heís always bringing his A game to his starts and is one of the best fielders at the position. I donít think heís ever thrown a guy under the bus.

Yup Stroman stays giving his mates a shoutout and always props them up.

Mets infield defense is fine tbh. Stroman is somebody who I would be comfortable having for 5 years and I think heís a pretty consistent pitcher. 3-4 WAR a year ainít too bad. I also think that taking a year off in 2019 is going to help him more than itís gonna hurt, I think itíll help him age better.

Iíd be comfortable on a 5/125 deal. Iím passed the point where I care about the money lol. Years? All right, I get it.

****, give Baez 3/110 - what we were gonna give Bauer. I would be super happy with that. Shorter term deals also help with luxury tax ramifications

Baez will get more than a 3 year contract . I would give him 5

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    Makes zero sense to not qualify offer both conforto and Thor

If both leave u get comp picks and if they take it then itís a bloated one year deal but itís only a one year commitment which makes it worth it aka stroman this year
    You won't get any draft compensation picks for Conforto or Syndergaard. They have to sign contracts that are at least 5 years and $50M. That is not going to happen this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    You won't get any draft compensation picks for Conforto or Syndergaard. They have to sign contracts that are at least 5 years and $50M. That is not going to happen this time around.
    Someone will sign Conforto to a good deal. Thor, I don't know. I imagine he'd simple accept a QO.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Someone will sign Conforto to a good deal. Thor, I don't know. I imagine he'd simple accept a QO.
    Would Conforto accept it though? I mean a multi year deal with Conforto probably comes at a much lower AAV considering how poor of a season he had in 2021. Its probably better he signs the QO if its offered to him from the Mets. Even if the Mets offer him 1 year/15 million that's probably better than what he gets elsewhere on a 1 year deal.

I'd be really surprised if Syndergaard got the QO or money close to it. He's pitched 2 innings in 2 years. Yes he has talent but I don't see teams risking nearly that type of money on a guy who hasn't been healthy. Give him one year deal worth 10 million. That should get the job done.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    What was he saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nothing because iceman never shows his receipts.

Dude just a hater because well we know how people like him think.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    I'd love to see Stroman stay JUST to spite him [emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Lol same

go look on his twitter

guy is claiming the media dicomo and healey is deliberatley trying to bring his rep down to drive his free agency price down

guy might have mental health issues at this point

for someone who cries all the time about how he doesnt care what other people think, he might be the most sensitive athlete to criticism of all time

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...s-stroman.html

No wonder why the Padres suck. Preller is a mediocre GM. Why would the Padres need Stroman with the guys they have and a returning Clevinger? Someone needs to tell them about the giant sized holes in their lineup outside of Cronenworth, Machado and Tatis.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...s-stroman.html

No wonder why the Padres suck. Preller is a mediocre GM. Why would the Padres need Stroman with the guys they have and a returning Clevinger? Someone needs to tell them about the giant sized holes in their lineup outside of Cronenworth, Machado and Tatis.
    Honestly I get the move, although itís not perfect. You can never have too many starters, and a lot of theirs are questionable.

Their lineup was mediocre but I donít see it being that bad next year.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I want Marte for CF, Bryant for a corner outfield and 3rd base, mostly 3rd and Biaz for 2nd. We should keep McNeil for both 3rd and outfield, mostly outfield. I was thinking about keeping JD Davis for DH.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I want Marte for CF, Bryant for a corner outfield and 3rd base, mostly 3rd and Biaz for 2nd. We should keep McNeil for both 3rd and outfield, mostly outfield. I was thinking about keeping JD Davis for DH.
    I would be okay with that. It would also allow the team to play Vientos/Lee sporadically while still having positional flexibility.

Honestly think that those two guys alone would fix a lot of the offenseís problemsÖthe other part of that being no hitting coach or real hitting philosophy.

Letís do a lineup for ***** and gigglesÖassuming no DH

Nimmo
    Marte
    Lindor
    Alonso
    Bryant
    McNeil
    Vientos/Lee
    McCann

Which isnít terrifying by any means but having good stopgap players and major league guys like Villar to help fill out the roster would be great.

I doubt Bryant comes here, though. I could see the Mets QOing Conforto, him accepting, and the Mets signing Marte. Just donít wanna run the risk of being too right handed, either.

I would be okay with that. It would also allow the team to play Vientos/Lee sporadically while still having positional flexibility.

Honestly think that those two guys alone would fix a lot of the offenseís problemsÖthe other part of that being no hitting coach or real hitting philosophy.

Letís do a lineup for ***** and gigglesÖassuming no DH

Nimmo
    Marte
    Lindor
    Alonso
    Bryant
    McNeil
    Vientos/Lee
    McCann

Which isnít terrifying by any means but having good stopgap players and major league guys like Villar to help fill out the roster would be great.

I doubt Bryant comes here, though. I could see the Mets QOing Conforto, him accepting, and the Mets signing Marte. Just donít wanna run the risk of being too right handed, either.

Just my two cents for whatever it is worth...I would have Marte leading off and Nimmo #2. Although Marte sitll has some power, he has upped his game when it comes to SBs. I'd rather he not hit behind Nimmo since that may limit is stolen base attempts. On the other hand, I could see a scenario where Marte gets on base and steal second, but the opposing pitcher then walks Nimmo. But then, there are two men on base, albeit a force stiuation and possible DP.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Just my two cents for whatever it is worth...I would have Marte leading off and Nimmo #2. Although Marte sitll has some power, he has upped his game when it comes to SBs. I'd rather he not hit behind Nimmo since that may limit is stolen base attempts. On the other hand, I could see a scenario where Marte gets on base and steal second, but the opposing pitcher then walks Nimmo. But then, there are two men on base, albeit a force stiuation and possible DP.
    Yeah I wouldnít be upset either way.

Iím of the camp who believes Nimmo should have some opportunities lower in the order, especially since he was one of the only productive hitters in the lineup. Could always mess things around if they choose to alternate L/R

Marte
    Alonso
    Bryant
    Lindor
    Nimmo
    Vientos/Lee
    McNeil
    McCann

Against lefties ainít too bad on paper

Outside of keeping javy Bryant would be the big bat Iíd go hard after to replace conforto in the OF

Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast