Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1365
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    516
    Stroman already proving yet again why he needs to be sent elsewhere

    Guy is attacking everyone tonight for no reason and basically begging on twitter to go to the cubs

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,203
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    Stroman already proving yet again why he needs to be sent elsewhere

    Guy is attacking everyone tonight for no reason and basically begging on twitter to go to the cubs
    Where was that ?

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,005
    a loose cannon. The question is, can the Mets endure 2022 and beyond without him. I think they can and they should. What it will take to sign Stroman, bring in someone (maybe 2) who is/are proven professional mid-rotation starters(s).

    deGrom, Thor, Walker, Megill, Peterson, Yamamoto, (maybe bring back Hill), 1 or 2 "true" mid rotation starters.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,005
    I agree in part. Since the QO for 2022 will be roughly $20M I don't think Conforto or Thor will yield that in the open market. So it would not make sense for the Mets to offer the QO. However, if the Mets are indeed interested in employing both Thor and Conforto (or just one of them), I think they should offer more than what they made in 2021, but quite a bit less than the $20M QO. They can also offer a multiple season contract that in total would be close to or slightly more than the QO.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    516
    Makes zero sense to not qualify offer both conforto and Thor

    If both leave u get comp picks and if they take it then it’s a bloated one year deal but it’s only a one year commitment which makes it worth it aka stroman this year

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    Stroman already proving yet again why he needs to be sent elsewhere

    Guy is attacking everyone tonight for no reason and basically begging on twitter to go to the cubs
    What was he saying?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    109,093
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    What was he saying?
    Nothing because iceman never shows his receipts.

    Dude just a hater because well we know how people like him think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    8,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nothing because iceman never shows his receipts.

    Dude just a hater because well we know how people like him think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd love to see Stroman stay JUST to spite him [emoji23]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    24,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    I'd love to see Stroman stay JUST to spite him [emoji23]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Lol same


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    a loose cannon. The question is, can the Mets endure 2022 and beyond without him. I think they can and they should. What it will take to sign Stroman, bring in someone (maybe 2) who is/are proven professional mid-rotation starters(s).

    deGrom, Thor, Walker, Megill, Peterson, Yamamoto, (maybe bring back Hill), 1 or 2 "true" mid rotation starters.
    If we don't bring back Stroman it should be because of his asking price and years vs. our valuation of him, not because he tweets provocative things. His passion, hustle and loyalty to his team is as strong as anyone I can remember.

    A loose cannon is someone who bad mouths his teammates, doesn't hustle, gets DUIs, or gets charged for domestic abuse, like a certain managerial darling of this forum who gets credit for being "fiery".

    With deGrom's durabilty a question, Syndergaard likely to be on an innings limit if he even accepts a QO, Megill coming off a year where he almost doubled his previous high IP, Carrassco a huge question mark, and Walker fading as the season progressed, we better find at least one arm as good and durable as Stroman was this year.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    24,496
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    If we don't bring back Stroman it should be because of his asking price and years vs. our valuation of him, not because he tweets provocative things. His passion, hustle and loyalty to his team is as strong as anyone I can remember.

    A loose cannon is someone who bad mouths his teammates, doesn't hustle, gets DUIs, or gets charged for domestic abuse, like a certain managerial darling of this forum who gets credit for being "fiery".

    With deGrom's durabilty a question, Syndergaard likely to be on an innings limit if he even accepts a QO, Megill coming off a year where he almost doubled his previous high IP, Carrassco a huge question mark, and Walker fading as the season progressed, we better find at least one arm as good and durable as Stroman was this year.
    Good post.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,928
    Stroman is a strange guy imo. He's very vocal about his world views but instantly tries to drown out any negativity or anything contrarian to his opinions. Now that I think about it. He sounds like most "woke" liberals. I appreciate his want to speak out as a black athlete but he's needs tougher skin imo. Not in regards to the racist stuff (which social media should ban immediately) but in regards to his play or the play of his teammates when they suck.

    As for his performance on the field, yeah we could definitely use him. The thing is he's not a must re-sign imo.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    2,544
    Stroman is overly sensitive online and on the field. And he does some things online and on the field that don't align with my behavioral ideals (same goes for the owner, TBH). I can see why he rubs some people the wrong way. But he's passionate, talented, hardworking and clean. I save my disdain for the Trevor Bauers and Ray Rices of the sports world, the abusers, cheaters and criminals, rather than someone who is outspoken and a bit too colorful for some tastes, but has committed no crime. Again, if I was looking to sign him it would be based on years and $, as well as a discussion about whether his oversensitivity (vs. outspokenness) might bite him in the *** to the point where it hurts him and the team long-term.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    24,496
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Stroman is a strange guy imo. He's very vocal about his world views but instantly tries to drown out any negativity or anything contrarian to his opinions. Now that I think about it. He sounds like most "woke" liberals. I appreciate his want to speak out as a black athlete but he's needs tougher skin imo. Not in regards to the racist stuff (which social media should ban immediately) but in regards to his play or the play of his teammates when they suck.

    As for his performance on the field, yeah we could definitely use him. The thing is he's not a must re-sign imo.
    Can you elaborate on the ‘play of his teammates when they suck’ part? I’m not sure which direction you’re going in with that statement.

    He seems to be a really good teammate and is always talking up his guys. Social media presence is one thing but he’s always bringing his A game to his starts and is one of the best fielders at the position. I don’t think he’s ever thrown a guy under the bus.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,928
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Stroman is overly sensitive online and on the field. And he does some things online and on the field that don't align with my behavioral ideals (same goes for the owner, TBH). I can see why he rubs some people the wrong way. But he's passionate, talented, hardworking and clean. I save my disdain for the Trevor Bauers and Ray Rices of the sports world, the abusers, cheaters and criminals, rather than someone who is outspoken and a bit too colorful for some tastes, but has committed no crime. Again, if I was looking to sign him it would be based on years and $, as well as a discussion about whether his oversensitivity (vs. outspokenness) might bite him in the *** to the point where it hurts him and the team long-term.
    My only issue with re-signing him is the money and years. Obviously that's every FA but what scares me more is his proclivity to being a ground ball pitcher. That needs good defense behind you and the Mets aren't the best infield defense. I like guys like Gausman more but you're right, no matter what, they need a #2 behind deGrom.

Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •