Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    He enjoyed a Thanksgiving Dinner with his wife Linda his two children Bryn and Cate and his 5 grandchildren.

Incidentally , his name is Richard Lynn Alderson . Sandy is a nickname which I believe he got at Dartmouth College.

Three days ago he celebrated his 74th birthday.
    Makes perfect sense. I always knew he was a “Dick.”

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Makes perfect sense. I always knew he was a “Dick.”
    Sorry big guy, Anyone who served as a marine can not be labeled a ," Dick "

Sorry big guy, Anyone who served as a marine can not be labeled a ," Dick "
    A fair point.

Are there bad marines , of course there are , but I have the upmost respect for those who serve and upmost plus for marines .

Stroman, Gausman, Gray, and Rodon. Not many solid options left without exploring the trade market. We need to sign two of these guys, hopefully Stroman and one other.

Assume we won't go after Robbie Ray become of the QO he received

Sandy is a nickname which I believe he got at Dartmouth College.
    Because he has Sand in his va….?

Rodon and Gray would be cool options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Orioles to entertain offers on Mullins…would you offer Mauricio in a deal for him and Means?

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Eduardo Escobar 2 years 20 mil. There's our first meaningful signing, although not sure how I feel about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Orioles to entertain offers on Mullins…would you offer Mauricio in a deal for him and Means?

I would, but it's gonna take more than that. Probably more than we'd want to pay. They'll likely want Mauricio or Baty, along with Matt Allen to start talks.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Eduardo Escobar 2 years 20 mil. There's our first meaningful signing, although not sure how I feel about it yet.
    Escobar has never been known for his defense. However, he has got better over the years. I think he will be fine at 3B, which is where I'm guessing the Met have him pegged for.

If go strictly by DRS, Escobar is about the same defensively as Kris Bryant. Both had -5 DRS in 2021, but Escobar was 0 DRS in 2020 and -1 in 2019. Bryant on the other hand was +2 DRS in 2020 and -2 DRS in 2019. 2021 was on both players.

Of course, Bryant is the better hitter. But $20M for two seasons. You can't beat that. I hope the Mets have an option for the third year.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Escobar has never been known for his defense. However, he has got better over the years. I think he will be fine at 3B, which is where I'm guessing the Met have him pegged for.

If go strictly by DRS, Escobar is about the same defensively as Kris Bryant. Both had -5 DRS in 2021, but Escobar was 0 DRS in 2020 and -1 in 2019. Bryant on the other hand was +2 DRS in 2020 and -2 DRS in 2019. 2021 was on both players.

Of course, Bryant is the better hitter. But $20M for two seasons. You can't beat that. I hope the Mets have an option for the third year.
    The option is Baty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The option is Baty.

Well if we resign Baez, WTF are we doing with Baty, Mauricio, and Vientos? All of whom could potentially be ready some time in the 2022 season... At least one of them will likely be traded by the 2022 trade deadline I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Well if we resign Baez, WTF are we doing with Baty, Mauricio, and Vientos? All of whom could potentially be ready some time in the 2022 season... At least one of them will likely be traded by the 2022 trade deadline I think.
    None of those players will be ready in 2022. The guy who is the closest is Vientos, and he just got a cup of coffee at Syracuse last season.

So what is the problem. If owned a house and a relative died and left me their house, and btw, they had more than one house. What am I going to do with all those houses. Hint, sell them, rent them, whatever. If I had a nice car and a relative or two died and left me their cars WTF am I going to do with all those cars. Silly question. Isn't that a good problem to have!!

Beaz doesn't play 3B, and both Baty, Vientos, and Mauricio have never played 2B. The question that should be asked is one in relation to Escobar. But his contract will be finished in two years. Moreover, Escobar can play 3B, 2B, and 1B. Oh, I forgot, with the DH Baez, Escobar, heck anybody, can DH.

Additionally, I think there is a growing concensus that one of Baty, Vientos, and Mauricio will be packaged in a trade.

I don't see a problem at all.

Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast