Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Been bored, decided to think about what the Mets could do when the offseason is over, I’ve also seen the idea of the Mets signing Schwarber gaining momentum, sweet.

I still think he’d be a perfect bat for the lineup. Signing Schwarber and a guy like Tyler Anderson would be a nice way to round out the offseason.

If the Mets sign Schwarber, who bats lead off? Marte or Nimmo? They’re both quality guys that could be good in their respective roles. I’d lead Marte just because he’s more of a contact guy, with stolen base ability and having him followed by Nimmo - who takes a lot of pitches and has good on base ability, I think having Marte 1 and Nimmo 2 would be ideal. Im also a believer that you should bat your best hitter second and I believe that Nimmo has a case for being considered the best hitter on the team.

Marte
    Nimmo
    Alonso
    Schwarber
    Lindor
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann
    McNeil

I like the way that looks…with Nido, JD, Cano, and Guillorme on the bench. JD is sort of redundant with a Schwarber signing, and I think he could be packaged for a guy like Manaea, which would be awesome.

I like the idea of batting McNeil 9th since he can sort of act as a double lead off guy, at least until he gets back to form and shows he’s better than that.

That lineup is pretty solid, i just don’t trust McCann but I see a lot of extra base potential. I think moving Lindor down in the order and having him in front of Canha just makes the on base threat pretty heavy, with Escobar being the doubles machine he is.

I do however, think Nimmo should be in CF with Canha in LF and Marte in RF, but I doubt that happens. Otherwise, I think the defense is pretty good too.
    My biggest problem with Schwarber is he is like the nursery rhyme about the girl with the curl on here head. When SChwarber is hot , he is burning but then he disappears for awhile. We need hitters that are consistant , like McNeil prior to last year , not players who hit 320 for a few weeks and then 120 for several weeks, ( I am not saying that is Schwarber but you get my point )

When the off season is over the Mets have to prioritize on pitching, pitching, pitching , both another starting pitcher and relief pitching before we center on another bat . Just my opinion and you can disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    My biggest problem with Schwarber is he is like the nursery rhyme about the girl with the curl on here head. When SChwarber is hot , he is burning but then he disappears for awhile. We need hitters that are consistant , like McNeil prior to last year , not players who hit 320 for a few weeks and then 120 for several weeks, ( I am not saying that is Schwarber but you get my point )

When the off season is over the Mets have to prioritize on pitching, pitching, pitching , both another starting pitcher and relief pitching before we center on another bat . Just my opinion and you can disagree.
    Mets don’t really have hitters like Schwarber on the team, though. McNeil, Marte, Nimmo, and Lindor are all arguably contact first guys. Escobar and Canha aren’t exactly slump guys and somebody like Pete isn’t your pro typical three true outcome player. So who does that leave for somebody prone to slumps? McCann? I can live with that.

I think the team needs to prioritize pitching but like I’ve said, there needs to be a good LH power bat in the middle of the order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I’d bet my left nut the top four in the lineup will be:

1. Marte
    2. Nimmo
    3. Lindor
    4. Alonso

I still don’t think Lindor is as good enough of a hitter to be batting in the top 3. I would bat him cleanup or 5th.

I think Marte, Nimmo, Alonso is the best 1-2-3 that the team can come up with…if Schwarber isn’t signed

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I still don’t think Lindor is as good enough of a hitter to be batting in the top 3. I would bat him cleanup or 5th.

I think Marte, Nimmo, Alonso is the best 1-2-3 that the team can come up with…if Schwarber isn’t signed

Neither do I, in terms of Lindor, but I’d still bet my left nut that’s what the top four in our lineup will be.

W/o dh and if McNeil still here what i envision

Marte (cf)
    Nimmo (rf or lf depending on #5 hitter)
    Lindor
    Alonso

(Need to acquire) but where Schwarber(lf) or Bryant (rf) fit like a glove.

Escobar
    Mcneil (2b)
    Mcann

DH

Same top 5..shwarber = dh.. canha man's OF.

6/7/8 interchangeable at that point depending on matchups..not oppesed to mcneil #9 either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If there is a DH - which there likely will be, I think Schwarber is perfect. Bryant is also still an good fit at the end of it all. I do think that if the Mets acquire Bryant, that McNeil should be kept as a LHB. If he returns to form, I would experiment with dropping Nimmo in the order to see what he can do with runners on.

If McNeil returns to form a lineup like;

Marte
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Bryant/Schwarber
    Nimmo
    Lindor
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann

that lineup seems even scarier to me, I think Nimmo could turn into Joey Votto and end up hitting 25-30 homers soon enough…I also think 4-6 is pretty interchangeable, you could bat Lindor cleanup or even have Nimmo bat there, too. I think Lindor between Nimmo and Canha allows for really good base running and on base ability in the middle of the lineup, though.

In that scenario I’m not sure who even the DH would be (in the event that Bryant is signed) maybe it would be rotating between guys like Escobar, Davis, Smith, Cano, and others…it allows for plenty of depth in the event of injury.

Of course, McNeil has to return to form first…I think he’s key to the offense succeeding especially if Bryant or Schwarber isn’t signed.

Bryant is going to likely cost something like 6/180 to 8/240 while Schwarber will probably cost something like 4/60 which would give more budget to find a good SP…any suggestions who?

In a perfect world..Mcneil staying would be ideal for the lineup construction..BUT.. if Mets spend more $$ on a big bat , like we are hoping, then the hole in the rotation that still remains will undoubtedly be addressed via trade..in which case strongly believe McNeil will be used as a chip. And even if no big bay acquired..thinknits still 50-50 he remains..so makes it hard to project/construct lineups with him still in it.

Absolutely agree about Lindor. He should bat #5 and no higher. Definitely Marte followed by Nimmo, and Alonso clean up. IMO, if McNeil could return to form, he would be a good candidate for #3. It's all about getting on base.

If there is a DH - which there likely will be, I think Schwarber is perfect. Bryant is also still an good fit at the end of it all. I do think that if the Mets acquire Bryant, that McNeil should be kept as a LHB. If he returns to form, I would experiment with dropping Nimmo in the order to see what he can do with runners on.

If McNeil returns to form a lineup like;

Marte
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Bryant/Schwarber
    Nimmo
    Lindor
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann

that lineup seems even scarier to me, I think Nimmo could turn into Joey Votto and end up hitting 25-30 homers soon enough…I also think 4-6 is pretty interchangeable, you could bat Lindor cleanup or even have Nimmo bat there, too. I think Lindor between Nimmo and Canha allows for really good base running and on base ability in the middle of the lineup, though.

In that scenario I’m not sure who even the DH would be (in the event that Bryant is signed) maybe it would be rotating between guys like Escobar, Davis, Smith, Cano, and others…it allows for plenty of depth in the event of injury.

Of course, McNeil has to return to form first…I think he’s key to the offense succeeding especially if Bryant or Schwarber isn’t signed.

Bryant is going to likely cost something like 6/180 to 8/240 while Schwarber will probably cost something like 4/60 which would give more budget to find a good SP…any suggestions who?
    On Schwarber...MLB rumors has him projected for 4 years $70M. Schwarber can be a beast against RH pitching. However, apart from the fact that he should never see the light of day in the field, he is pretty much shut down by LH pitchers, at least on the power side. Facing LH pitching he becomes a more or less singles hitter.

I don't know what we are going to get from Cano, but he can be a LH platoon at DH and we also have JD who can DH, not to mention an occasional DH appearance by Alonso.

Signing Schwarber might mean playing Cano at 2B and trading one or more of McNeil, JD, and Dom. I would rather roll the dice with these guys, who can also, unlike Schwarber, play the field.

Sign Bryant. He makes so much sense.

Marte
    Nimmo
    Lindor
    Pete
    Bryant
    McNeil
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann

Do not sign Freeman or Schwarber. Keep building toward positional flexibility. Don't release Cano until we see if he can still hit. Hang onto JD, Dom, McNeil rather than selling low. Sign a pitcher via free agency. We will be stacked for trade flexibility mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post

Marte
    Nimmo
    Lindor
    Pete
    Bryant
    McNeil
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann

Do not sign Freeman or Schwarber. Keep building toward positional flexibility. Don't release Cano until we see if he can still hit. Hang onto JD, Dom, McNeil rather than selling low. Sign a pitcher via free agency. We will be stacked for trade flexibility mid season.

I don't think the Mets should do anything more offensively until they address the significant holes in the pitching staff, i.e. a mid-rotation starter, a late inning lefty reliever and probably another righty reliever. After that, then one more offensive force. Some of those can be via trade of course since the Mets have so many DH candidates on the team right now (Alonso or Dom, JD and even McNeil will probably not get much playing time in the field and some of those will likely be traded). Of course one of Alonso or Dom will be a first base.

The Mets definitely need a bat. A power bat is preferable. Their slugging was 25th in the majors , they were 25th in ISO, and they were 25th in home runs in 2021. They didn't do much to address that issue this offseason either. Guys like Marte and Canha are not power bats. Its dangerous to rely on the guys that didn't hit last year to hit next season too. I don't think Bryant happens but I would like to see them upgrade offensively somewhere.

IMO, if the Mets sign Bryant we should expect to see McNeil traded

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post

Marte
    Nimmo
    Lindor
    Pete
    Bryant
    McNeil
    Canha
    Escobar
    McCann

Boom..my goal all along..and I likely see Escobar and Canha swap spots in bo..but rest us how I would see
    It unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I don't think the Mets should do anything more offensively until they address the significant holes in the pitching staff, i.e. a mid-rotation starter, a late inning lefty reliever and probably another righty reliever. After that, then one more offensive force. Some of those can be via trade of course since the Mets have so many DH candidates on the team right now (Alonso or Dom, JD and even McNeil will probably not get much playing time in the field and some of those will likely be traded). Of course one of Alonso or Dom will be a first base.
    Somebody who is realistic. Bryant will probably want $25 Million for 6 years . Enough is enough. The Mets are not going to have a $300 million payroll. Plus we need pitching and more pitching and that is where we have to prioritize .

Page 87 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast