Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1360
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He got 25 million a year only 2 other pitchers got that or more and those are CY winners.

Clearly teams value him, but wonít make a long term investment which are two different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. I think itís more about his measurables than his idiotic behavior. Heíll be successful for them. Thatís a good deal for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    We never heard any mutual interest on 1st 3 fa mets signed til after deals were done..and never heard Max interest in Mets either hence the nervousness on most of us that thought we were being used..so gonna say no shot at Bryant..plus as teams grab all the big fish in fa..the amount of teams that will bid will be less..a of a sudden player "rethinks" initial thoughts..especially when they witness all the other impressive moves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I think Bryant stays on the West Coast. Some team out there will offer him significant money when this lockout is over. We'll see. The DH coming to the NL would help the Mets expand their options for another power bat. I'm not saying he wouldn't come here. Just not super confident he will.

The fact that they are on better terms with Boras helps though. Not just with him and Bryant but potentially Bora's other clients as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-02-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Does the lockout keep teams from negotiating with Suzuki, who technically is not part of the union?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think Bryant stays on the West Coast. Some team out there will offer him significant money when this lockout is over. We'll see. The DH coming to the NL would help the Mets expand their options for another power bat. I'm not saying he wouldn't come here. Just not super confident he will.

The fact that they are on better terms with Boras helps though. Not just with him and Bryant but potentially Bora's other clients as well.
    They're on better terms with Boras only because penny pinching Jiffy Jeff is gone and Boras is drooling over Cohen's bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    They're on better terms with Boras only because penny pinching Jiffy Jeff is gone and Boras is drooling over Cohen's bank accounts.
    Yeah no doubt. I was tired of the acrimony between Alderson, the Wilpons and Boras. I know that was less Wilpons and more Boras just throwing shade at them and Alderson for not spending money on big time FA but clearly that bridge isn't as burned as it was. Boras represents too many big clients to be ignored.

Sounds like trades can still be sorted out during the winter meetings even if the lockout is still going on at the time.

Interesting that the Verlander deal is not official yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Interesting that the Verlander deal is not official yet.

Not sure they can sign during the lockout. Because then the team is interacting with the player. My understanding of this union lockout stuff is teams can't talk to players and vice versa unless its the union reps discussing about the lockout and no other business between teams and players can happen. Unless its a team to team trade?!?

Not sure they can sign during the lockout. Because then the team is interacting with the player. My understanding of this union lockout stuff is teams can't talk to players and vice versa unless its the union reps discussing about the lockout and no other business between teams and players can happen. Unless its a team to team trade?!?
    Why then can't you talk to an agent and why can't the agent talk to his client and convey the deal and then wait and sign later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why then can't you talk to an agent and why can't the agent talk to his client and convey the deal and then wait and sign later.
    That would be a loophole. I'm guessing if what you say is allowed, the only thing that won't be allowed is the player and team signing the contract.

We sign Rodon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    We sign Rodon yet?
    Yes we signed him.

We will.

We will.

Don't worry. He's got this.

So sounds to me like the Mets can talk to the Yankees and iron out a trade, e.g. DeGrom, Scherzer, Canha, Cano, for Jameson Taillon and iron out any other minor leaguers or players to be named later, but cannot execute it until the lockout ends.

Something like that, you're not talking to players, one team is talking to another team. However, this could get messy if a player has a no trade clause in which case do you let that player know during the lockout or after the lockout?
    It doesn't matter. If MLB caves to the players, they will be playing a brand of baseball we haven't seen since before baseball was invented. Maybe cricket or perhaps rounders anyone? I am sure there are some members of this forum who go back before 1869?

Rounders is a game that at times was called base-ball since it involved 4 bases and a ball and required fielding. It has been around since Tudor time and it has been said that Henry VIII was the greatest power hitter of all time. Look it up in Wikipedia.

And it was a coed game so Ann Boleyn played. She was the first one to use twitter and was so adept at it that Marcus Stroman and Trever Bauer are mere novices compared to old Queen Ann.
    Last edited by swbwtr; 12-03-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast