Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Finally. They had to after this disaster of a start

Yup. Thank god it finally happened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Thank you, coach King! This is the Hawks team we expected.

3rd win of the season!

Is this team clickin!?

3 straight wins since King took over.

Letís keep it going

I like everything Iíve seen from Derek King so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I like everything Iíve seen from Derek King so far.
    Me too. It's seriously going to take me a minute to get over how long it took to fire Colliton. I don't know enough about hockey to say he will never be able to be an NHL head coach. But I knew the first season he didn't know how to maximize the roster. It's all on Bowman, waffling between rebuilding and trying. Maybe Colliton would have been a good coach on a true rebuild, shaping the roster to his system. But they never went full rebuild. They just wasted years of Kane on a system they wouldn't commit to building the roster for.

It never made sense. The roster never fit whatever the **** Colliton wanted to do. Colliton never adjusted to it and neither did Bowman. This is a playoff type roster and I felt the embarrassment I'm sure the vets felt.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Me too. It's seriously going to take me a minute to get over how long it took to fire Colliton. I don't know enough about hockey to say he will never be able to be an NHL head coach. But I knew the first season he didn't know how to maximize the roster. It's all on Bowman, waffling between rebuilding and trying. Maybe Colliton would have been a good coach on a true rebuild, shaping the roster to his system. But they never went full rebuild. They just wasted years of Kane on a system they wouldn't commit to building the roster for.

It never made sense. The roster never fit whatever the **** Colliton wanted to do. Colliton never adjusted to it and neither did Bowman. This is a playoff type roster and I felt the embarrassment I'm sure the vets felt.
    I never felt like the team took to Colliton or respected him. Thatís the biggest difference with King. Thereís already a respect for him. I think he has a real opportunity to stay around long-term and I hope things continue to progress that way.

Bowman/Colliton both ended as miserable failures. The happiest man in Chicago has got to be Dylan Strome.

4-0 under the King!

Nice to see Flower get the shutout. Hagel is also having a nice season so far.

Kirby Dach dropped the gloves with Blake Coleman. Interesting to see a few guys lately dropping them uncharacteristically. I canít help but wonder if that is Kingís influence. Bringing a 90s mentality to a modern team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Kirby Dach dropped the gloves with Blake Coleman. Interesting to see a few guys lately dropping them uncharacteristically. I canít help but wonder if that is Kingís influence. Bringing a 90s mentality to a modern team.
    Maybe, but I hope they keep Kirby away from that mentality.

Especially after breaking his wrist and missing a huge chunk of last year, Iíd rather he keep his hands on his stick and not swinging at peoples helmets and faces.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Maybe, but I hope they keep Kirby away from that mentality.

Especially after breaking his wrist and missing a huge chunk of last year, Iíd rather he keep his hands on his stick and not swinging at peoples helmets and faces.
    I'm with you there, although I do like that the guys are willing to stand up for one another like DeBrincat did the other night.
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Maria Sakkari ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Senators claim Adam Gaudette off waivers from the Hawks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456