Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Out of corners? Amik and Hobb are good young players. Who knows maybe Renfrow can go both ways. He hits like a safety and made an incredible heads up play. Am I the only one thinks of all the Chargers to call Carr soft itís Joey I take games off for hiccups Bosa. The Bosa brothers are talented but both are wussies. I did see Carr 2017-19 out there Monday night. Frustrating but our center blows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Why isn't anyone mentioning the defense? Did they not give up 21 points in the first half?
    Through 4 games defense ranks 20th giving up 25 ppg. And can someone please tell Bradley to scheme covering the flats? Chargers had some really easy first downs in that area.
    Perhaps because the defense was repeatedly put in a bad spot by an offense utterly incapable of gaining yardage, let alone scoring points. At one point in the first half they forced 4 consecutive punts, yet the offense picked up one god damn first down the entire half. In the second half they played a lot better, pitching a shutout until that absolutely pathetic sequence of us wasting a timeout, Carr turtling for a sack then missing a FG (gruden shouldíve gone for it). They then narrowly completed a 4th down pass which essentially iced the game.

Welp like i read this morning. Raiders are a pass 1st team. The sooner Gru embraces that the better off we'll be. Welp its our 1st loss 3-1 at 1st quarter of the season. Lets do that 4 times and we'll make the playoffs.

Onto the next...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Switch
    Great clueless potatoe chips guy is back.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. Carr is just as equally at fault as the rest of the team.

Yikes what a vicious critique of your lover.
    By the way, its potato Dan Quale

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Hey Switch, what did you think of Joey Bosa's assessment of Derek Carr?

Hmmmm, it's not just the guys in this forum, who think he is excessively soft. He still has a lot to prove, that's for sure.
    Name one qb thatís better when there is no blocking for them? Or are under pressure or getting sacked every down? Such a hater. Where was his critique when the cowboys made Herbert look scared?

The softest de in the nfl calling someone soft. He missed 15 games out of the last 3 seasons. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Name one qb thatís better when there is no blocking for them? Or are under pressure or getting sacked every down? Such a hater. Where was his critique when the cowboys made Herbert look scared?

The softest de in the nfl calling someone soft. He missed 15 games out of the last 3 seasons. Lol
    I think the irony is that Carr has been so much better under pressure this year than in previous years.

Almost killed the Chargers a few times last night.

Yes--Herbert looked good. 168 yds. rushing can do wonders! Raiders 48 yds. rushing ? just rush the passer and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post

I think the problem was there was at least one play where carr felt the pressure and curled up for a sack before the pressure even came. He still had a chance to make a play. But, instead, seemed to give up.

Now, this has always been the negative with Carr. Itís nothing new. Thatís why we need our oline to play well to compensate.

The positives with Carr so his ability to read defenses and make throws. Last night, he didnít do those things well either. Thatís why we lost. He missed open receivers. He underthrew and overthrew long passes to ruggs.

Hopefully this is a one week thing. We did play one of the best passing defensesÖ

We all saw this coming.We knew our offensive line was a mess coming into this season and we didn't even do much about it.

Derek carr is a damn good qb,but when your running game has been non existent to start the season and you force your qb to throw it 60 times a game,this is the outcome.

Teams can just focus on their pass defense knowing we can't run the ball.Plus,it doesn't help that we run a dump off west coast offense that lacks aggressiveness being led by a conservative head coach.

haven't commented yet in the game thread yet... I was at the game last night, had front row seats behind the Raiders bench near the 40 yard line... what really got to me was that in the first half when our offense completely sucked and could not get anything going, the OL guys would just come take a seat at the end of the bench all nonchalant like nothing's the matter... there was no fire, there was no emotion on their faces. It was like they didn't give a ****... I, as a fan, was thinking, if these guys don't care, why are we putting our hearts and emotions in their performances? I guess you gotta be a bit stoic to be a pro athlete, but it was all really a shock to me. My buddies and I kept screaming at them to get some emotion going... nothing. no use.

The only guy that kept running over and cheering the OL guys up all game long was Foster Moreau... I have a lot of respect for that guy.

Gotta say, it was one heck of a 'home game' for us. I feel sorry for the Chargers, they'll never have a home game. Love the Raider Nation showing up in all black, it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    We all saw this coming.We knew our offensive line was a mess coming into this season and we didn't even do much about it.

Derek carr is a damn good qb,but when your running game has been non existent to start the season and you force your qb to throw it 60 times a game,this is the outcome.

Teams can just focus on their pass defense knowing we can't run the ball.Plus,it doesn't help that we run a dump off west coast offense that lacks aggressiveness being led by a conservative head coach.
    well said!

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I think the problem was there was at least one play where carr felt the pressure and curled up for a sack before the pressure even came. He still had a chance to make a play. But, instead, seemed to give up.

Now, this has always been the negative with Carr. Itís nothing new. Thatís why we need our oline to play well to compensate.

The positives with Carr so his ability to read defenses and make throws. Last night, he didnít do those things well either. Thatís why we lost. He missed open receivers. He underthrew and overthrew long passes to ruggs.

Hopefully this is a one week thing. We did play one of the best passing defensesÖ
    Carrs the reason we lost? look at the stats it was a team effort. We need our O line to play well to compensate? That appears to be a pipe dream. For them to be anything but pathetic would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by driftmaster View Post
    Carrs the reason we lost? look at the stats it was a team effort. We need our O line to play well to compensate? That appears to be a pipe dream. For them to be anything but pathetic would be a good start.
    I never said Carr was the reason we lost, lol. The biggest difference in the game was rushing and maybe turnovers. Donít remember how many turnovers we had. But watching the game, when we needed plays, carr missed some throws. He also curled up in the fetal position when the pressure wasnít even close to him.

NowÖ I said we need the offensive line to compensate for his deficiencies. I didnít say they did. Obviously, they failed at that. But we knew going in theyíd struggle this year. The problem in this game was that when carr did get some throws off, he missed more than usual.

Bottom line is that carr is a QB who isnít mobile and doesnt improvise as well. If he doesnít hit his throws when he has time, weíll lose. Itís not a knock on carr, just how it is. Normally he hits those throws.

I just think we had a off game, I think we still win 3 of the next 4 before we have a division game against KC.

The Oline is holding this offense back, But it has for years... We couldn't run block the last few now we can't do anything... I would start with making a change at center, Lets see what the line looks like with Martin. I think James had a chance with Goode and Inc starting next to him but Simpson is learning on the RG just got here. Then starting a rookie at RT... To many new moving pieces we need experience at Center. I just think it is to much to insert James with his lack of experience next to what we are putting out there.

Though I can see them saying lets give the guys reps and see if they improve, We are 3-1 and not 1-3... If they can get these guys playing better, we will be better in the long run. Oh boy! Patience

Go get Gilmore and J. Smith see if we can get him motivated... Atleast he will be a beast against the Cowboys.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast