Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by autechre View Post
    We should have used the money we wasted on drake to keep Jackson.
    Eluemunor is playing well. He is indeed a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    We basically have backups playing the interior of the line and a rookie RT. Why did we have to move on from both Jackson and Hudson? This is a disaster. Should have at least kept one of them.
    The salary cap? Plus Hudson wanted to be traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to say, I mentioned this a while ago, but up to now we’ve also had luck on our side. Opposing players injuries. Long FGs. Coin flips. Sometimes you need these to win.

Today we didn’t have these. We lost CBS in the game. Lost Jefferson for a while, and he’s been pretty good too. Then you look at the fact that the chargers- for once- are relatively healthy. We have 8 ppl on IR, they have one. Jacobs is obviously not at 100%- he even mentioned waking up feeling worse today.

So before we get to down on the outcome. Playing against a good team, on the road, with injuries is a tough assignment. A loss is understandable.

I just don’t want to see a loss next week. We need to start a new win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    The salary cap? Plus Hudson wanted to be traded.

What salary cap? They paid Mariota how many millions to ride the bench the last 2 years? Drake getting 6M this year is also absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

What salary cap? They paid Mariota how many millions to ride the bench the last 2 years? Drake getting 6M this year is also absurd.
    They paid drake 6M after they traded Hudson and Jackson did they not?

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I will have to say, I mentioned this a while ago, but up to now we’ve also had luck on our side. Opposing players injuries. Long FGs. Coin flips. Sometimes you need these to win.

Today we didn’t have these. We lost CBS in the game. Lost Jefferson for a while, and he’s been pretty good too. Then you look at the fact that the chargers- for once- are relatively healthy. We have 8 ppl on IR, they have one. Jacobs is obviously not at 100%- he even mentioned waking up feeling worse today.

So before we get to down on the outcome. Playing against a good team, on the road, with injuries is a tough assignment. A loss is understandable.

I just don’t want to see a loss next week. We need to start a new win streak.
    Jacobs shouldn't have played tonight. He was clearly playing hurt. And he's always hurt. Which is a problem. That being said, we need to look for a new RB next summer.
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

They paid drake 6M after they traded Hudson and Jackson did they not?

I don't know and I dont really care. This team misses both players badly. Salary cap can always be worked out. Overpaying players like Drake and Mariota is just not it.

I don't know and I dont really care. This team misses both players badly. Salary cap can always be worked out. Overpaying players like Drake and Mariota is just not it.
    The point is the redistribution of the salary cap. Drake is one of the guys we got from moving Hudson and Jackson…which by the way both wanted to be traded.

The point is the redistribution of the salary cap. Drake is one of the guys we got from moving Hudson and Jackson…which by the way both wanted to be traded.

You are obviously missing the point. And only Hudson wanted out. Still don't know why.
    But we should have kept Gabe. His contract was manageable and he has been solid and more importantly durable for us. Instead they go with a 40 year old Incognito coming off an Achilles injury and a career backup in Good. Basically they winged it with the interior OL and now its backfiring badly.

You are obviously missing the point. And only Hudson wanted out. Still don't know why.
    But we should have kept Gabe. His contract was manageable and he has been solid and more importantly durable for us. Instead they go with a 40 year old Incognito coming off an Achilles injury and a career backup in Good. Basically they winged it with the interior OL and now its backfiring badly.
    I’m not arguing that the interior oline isn’t worse, just that they made the decision to redistribute the cap space. Carr is gonna have to elevate the team.

I’m not arguing that the interior oline isn’t worse, just that they made the decision to redistribute the cap space. Carr is gonna have to elevate the team.

Yea redistribute or waste on players like Mariota and Drake. You can throw in James and Good in there as well.

If Carr has to bring us back every single game, we are in trouble. The OL is on pace to give up 50 sacks. Add to the fact that they cant run block worth a damn. It can potentially be a very long season. They need to figure something out.

why we *****ing about our o-line and not about Arnette and Ferrell? Both need to be out of the league. Mayock set us back with those 2 picks. Would have rather kept Coop than drafted the bum Arnette. Ferrell wasn't even the highest rate DE available and we drafted him because he was a leader @ Clemson??????????? We need skilled football players that can play not ****ing leaders who can't play for ****.

Raiders should trade any future 1st round pick for 3rd and lower draft picks. All we do is draft bust in the 1st round. Jacobs is McFadden 2.0 always hurt. Arnette cares more about his chains than getting better. Ferrell is not his fault these idiots drafted him so high. We could have had Devin White instead. Now look at Crosby, Renfrow, and a couple of more guys drafted late in the drafts that have done better than the majority of our 1st round picks.

BTW Gruden needs to hire and OC that is creative. Gruden ****ing runs the same damn plays every series. 2 runs then 1 pass play on 3rd down. He gets more creative when we are behind and needs to find a way to move the ball. Sucks that we can't even run for 1 ****ing yard to get a 1st down 9/10 times. You would think he would have some plays in his playbook that wasn't run straight down the middle every dam time.

The fact we couldn’t run the ball worth a damn against the 32nd ranked rush defense is incredibly alarming. The defense was holding up after the opening drive, forcing several punts but one ****ing first down in the first half isn’t gonna cut it. And we saw once again that if Carr gets hit early he starts playing scared and the offense goes into the toilet.

It’s pretty bad that we’re gonna have to completely rebuild the OL and spend resources there, when our defense still needs some high end talent. Leatherwood is the latest tragedy of a first round pick and there’s no reason to suggest we’ll ever stop wasting them with these same clowns in charge.

Glad i went to bed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Chargers had a good defensive game plan. Bring heat against Carr, and it worked. They better plan for more of it.
    I think the turning point of the game was when we couldn't get a first down at the half.
    Can Arnette stay on the field?
    The Chargers watched the Miami game plan and did it better because of their personnel. I said it from early in the season and got bashed for it that we should have kept at least one of those guys for continuity. I preferred keeping Hudson. If you look at the film there are breakdowns in the line protection calls because James is trying to focus on getting his assignment done, which he hasn't on a consistent basis. By the way Miller had people crossing his face half the night on running downs. As an offensive lineman unless you are passing the guy off to the next man DO NOT LET HIM CROSS YOUR FACE.
    Remember that this is a copycat league and just like most defensive coordinators know to pressure Brady from the DT positions they will know that if you hit Carr early and often he will play indecisively.
    The positive is that it is one game and we don't have all off season to dwell on it. Bring on Da Bears!!!!

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast