Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipartisanship

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Pardon me, did we or did we not just spend 20 years fighting two wars that even the conservatives on this site don't care to defend?

Sure, trivial answer to your post with charts and stuff but I've made a million posts on this forum about how it's unjustifiable that we spent the insane and truly unrivaled amount on defense. China isn't going to invade us. No Middle Eastern country is a threat to us domestically. We've done Cold War hysteria with Russia for how long now? Don't care.

Would you rather have spent that money on those wars on those wars or, IDK, universal healthcare? We're in fantasy world, but yeah, in a vacuum, answer that.
    1) I don't support the Afghanistan/Iraq war under the falsified lie created by Bush and those who voted for the war by creating hysteria. If the intentions were legitimate, I would have supported it even at the high cost. You can't let countries get away with those attacks.

2) Military spending is already declining. Wars have happened with much higher spending. You do realize that was ultimately how taxation became a thing, right? Without wars, we probably would have incredibly low tax rates across the world.

3) China isn't going to 'invade' us? They would have directly if their military was stronger. Certainly, they would have more power and leverage. Do you know why China isn't just rounding up "countries" right now such as HK and Taiwan? Because they know it would create a military conflict. A military conflict that is being avoided due to America's overall presence. Btw, war is already happening with China. It's an economic warfare. I guess we see 'invasion' as a different meaning. You are kidding yourself if you don't think China isn't 'invading' America. Their policies are to overtake America. Who do you think propped up North Korea this entire time since the Soviet collapse?

4) I don't disagree that we should increase/decrease spending on certain programs. I am specifically referring to fraudulent and ineffective programs put in place by government officials who are only enriching their lobbyist friends and who don't actually understand the day-to-day life of the average person. Case in point, Joe Biden and his team publishing a photo stating that BBQ's are 16 cents cheaper this year than last year. You have to be living in a fairy tale land if you think 16 cents is a huge figure worth even mentioning.

Look, the fact is: There is more than enough tax revenue to go around. If you want to increase it 10% by taxing the wealthy and businesses more, fine, I can agree with that. But you are foolishly ignoring that the spending is reaching insane amounts of which many programs (outside of the military since we are referring to social programs) have been a total blunder. High cost for poor quality. Yet your solution is to spend more? Get outta here with that.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters. True infrastructure. Not the make believe kind. Roads, bridges, tech.

Because I really like my healthcare as it is. Yes, I know. How selfish of me. But I haven't heard a plan yet that affords me to keep what I have with universal healthcare. If you want to talk about an expanded Medicare bill to cover those that cannot obtain healthcare due to reasons beyond not wanting to work.... I'm all ears.
    You like your healthcare, not your insurance.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    1) I don't support the Afghanistan/Iraq war under the falsified lie created by Bush and those who voted for the war by creating hysteria. If the intentions were legitimate, I would have supported it even at the high cost. You can't let countries get away with those attacks.

2) Military spending is already declining. Wars have happened with much higher spending. You do realize that was ultimately how taxation became a thing, right? Without wars, we probably would have incredibly low tax rates across the world.

3) China isn't going to 'invade' us? They would have directly if their military was stronger. Certainly, they would have more power and leverage. Do you know why China isn't just rounding up "countries" right now such as HK and Taiwan? Because they know it would create a military conflict. A military conflict that is being avoided due to America's overall presence. Btw, war is already happening with China. It's an economic warfare. I guess we see 'invasion' as a different meaning. You are kidding yourself if you don't think China isn't 'invading' America. Their policies are to overtake America. Who do you think propped up North Korea this entire time since the Soviet collapse?

4) I don't disagree that we should increase/decrease spending on certain programs. I am specifically referring to fraudulent and ineffective programs put in place by government officials who are only enriching their lobbyist friends and who don't actually understand the day-to-day life of the average person. Case in point, Joe Biden and his team publishing a photo stating that BBQ's are 16 cents cheaper this year than last year. You have to be living in a fairy tale land if you think 16 cents is a huge figure worth even mentioning.

Look, the fact is: There is more than enough tax revenue to go around. If you want to increase it 10% by taxing the wealthy and businesses more, fine, I can agree with that. But you are foolishly ignoring that the spending is reaching insane amounts of which many programs (outside of the military since we are referring to social programs) have been a total blunder. High cost for poor quality. Yet your solution is to spend more? Get outta here with that.
    No country attacked us on 9/11. And if we are going to assign country blame, I believe that Saudi Arabia should have been the country we attacked not Afghanistan or Iraq. We went to war with Iraq because they beat Daddy Bush and Son Bush needed to avenge him.

On what scale are you arguing that military spending is declining? Literally every measure and metric will tell you that the exact opposite is true.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No country attacked us on 9/11. And if we are going to assign country blame, I believe that Saudi Arabia should have been the country we attacked not Afghanistan or Iraq. We went to war with Iraq because they beat Daddy Bush and Son Bush needed to avenge him.

On what scale are you arguing that military spending is declining? Literally every measure and metric will tell you that the exact opposite is true.
    Refusing to give up Osama and Al-Qaeda militants when you have his location is considered an attack against America. Harboring terrorist groups in your country who committed an attack against America is an attack against America. I don't know why I even reply to you. I feel dumb every time I do but I mostly feel bad because I just hope one day maybe your brain will functionally operate but it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    For starters. True infrastructure. Not the make believe kind. Roads, bridges, tech.
    Shame all the politicians you support are the biggest impediments towards the one thing above all else you'd be comfortable spending money on

I won't even bother trying to pitch green infrastructure to you. But Trump wanted to do something with infrastructure at least. It's actually something that he ran on and actually fought for. He at least acknowledged how far behind we are. But he didn't pass a major piece of legislation ultimately. Obviously Republicans gutted everything to oblivion and/or stonewalled everything they could. And then he couldn't strike a deal with Dems in 2019 either because he himself held the bill hostage, demanding stupid/selfish things like ending the investigations into him as a prerequisite.
    HELLO

Refusing to give up Osama and Al-Qaeda militants when you have his location is considered an attack against America. Harboring terrorist groups in your country who committed an attack against America is an attack against America. I don't know why I even reply to you. I feel dumb every time I do but I mostly feel bad because I just hope one day maybe your brain will functionally operate but it never happens.
    Yeah dude. It was definitely the right decision

It's 2021. Come on. You can't be talking like a Bush era baboon/neocon.

What a worthwhile experience the last 20 years of American foreign policy was. Wow. This guy's right: spending all that money on these wars instead of welfare for Americans really was the right move!
    HELLO

The amount of direct Iraq and Afghanistan war costs the US had debt financed is $2 trillion. The estimated interest costs of this debt will be $6.5 trillion in 2050.

Yeah dude. It was definitely the right decision

It's 2021. Come on. You can't be talking like a Bush era baboon/neocon.

What a worthwhile experience the last 20 years of American foreign policy was. Wow. This guy's right: spending all that money on these wars instead of welfare for Americans really was the right move!
    When did I say it was the right decision? The Iraq war was a lie pushed by Bush under the false accusation of WOMD. The Afghanistan war lasted longer than it should but it was justified. The problem was that it was handled poorly and dragged on for too long. America should have left a long time ago but they didn't.

I never liked Bush. And FYI, I am an independent. Got proof if you want it. So trying to push me into the Bush era as if I supported him is what people like you love to do.

C'mon, dude. Get with the program. Military spending is at the lowest it has ever been. What else do you want to tax next? Keep going down the list. Soon retired grandma and grandpas will have their SS taxed 100% at this rate.

When did I say it was the right decision? The Iraq war was a lie pushed by Bush under the false accusation of WOMD. The Afghanistan war lasted longer than it should but it was justified. The problem was that it was handled poorly and dragged on for too long. America should have left a long time ago but they didn't.

I never liked Bush. And FYI, I am an independent. Got proof if you want it. So trying to push me into the Bush era as if I supported him is what people like you love to do.

C'mon, dude. Get with the program. Military spending is at the lowest it has ever been. What else do you want to tax next? Keep going down the list. Soon retired grandma and grandpas will have their SS taxed 100% at this rate.
    Where are you getting this from?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Bend over and turn around...that's probably where it got yanked from.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Check the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Bend over and turn around...that's probably where it got yanked from.
    And false info comes from your mouth which is pretty much whenever you open it.

Check the previous page.
    Lowest since pre-9/11 is a far cry from lowest ever. And even then, itís still relatively high.

You like your healthcare, not your insurance.
    I like my insurance that provides me my healthcare. You're not taking my insurance.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

And false info comes from your mouth which is pretty much whenever you open it.
    I'm not the one who threw out an easily disproven fact.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast