Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipartisanship

Bipartisanship

As this country becomes more and more polarized, I do think it's important to take not when they come together to pass legislation (either good or bad) so we can have a place to discus it.

The Equal Act just passed 361-66
    It's an act meant to solve the disparity between the sentencing of crack and cocain.

F that. How about getting rid of mandatory minimums, getting rid of all the drug specific felonies, and 3 strikes laws?

Equalizing crack and cocaine sentencing is just pandering.

Bipartisanship sounds good. But often itís just as bad if not worse. The Afghanistan and Iraq wars were bipartisan. Along with our entire War on Terror. Rights vanish quickly when something is sufficiently bipartisan.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Bipartisanship sounds good. But often itís just as bad if not worse. The Afghanistan and Iraq wars were bipartisan. Along with our entire War on Terror. Rights vanish quickly when something is sufficiently bipartisan.
    That's why I said we should highlight it. Sometimes the parties are just coming together to **** us over.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    F that. How about getting rid of mandatory minimums, getting rid of all the drug specific felonies, and 3 strikes laws?

Equalizing crack and cocaine sentencing is just pandering.
    I think this is a step in the right direction though.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I think this is a step in the right direction though.
    I think it's hollow.

That's why I said we should highlight it. Sometimes the parties are just coming together to **** us over.
    I think even when they are publicly fighting they are still effectively working together to **** us over.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think it's hollow.
    It's going to reduce the criminal punishment for people facing drug charges. If you were one of those people, you wouldn't think it's hollow.

It's going to reduce the criminal punishment for people facing drug charges. If you were one of those people, you wouldn't think it's hollow.
    It's probably much, much ******** than it should be.

The idea sounds great but the actual changes are probably specifically formulated to not be that impactful to the status quo.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I see Scoots is still All or Nothing-ing again.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's probably much, much ******** than it should be.

The idea sounds great but the actual changes are probably specifically formulated to not be that impactful to the status quo.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Well, I don't see how equaling the punishments for possession of these drugs was ever going to "challenge the staus quo"

Ciaban why should I be pushing for bipartisan legislation on issues like healthcare, climate change, criminal justice reform, tax reform, election/finance reform, etc? Almost anything?

Half the most pressing issues in this country the right doesn't even acknowledge exists. The rest they aren't serious about. More interested in cutting taxes for the wealthy and convincing America that the government can and should never do anything good for the average person.

The center in this country couldn't possibly stand for less.
    HELLO

And how would that work when the republicans are dead set in ensuring the democrat policies fail? I remember republican talking heads preaching making a Obama's administration a failure. Impeaching Hilary if she wins? Our republican posters may push it, now that their leaders don't control of Congress or the oval office, but their elected officials have, never, never seek it unless they are out of power.

The dumb arse moderate like to talk it when the democrat are in power and wind up doing nothing for their base playing that card.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Ciaban why should I be pushing for bipartisan legislation on issues like healthcare, climate change, criminal justice reform, tax reform, election/finance reform, etc? Almost anything?

Half the most pressing issues in this country the right doesn't even acknowledge exists. The rest they aren't serious about. More interested in cutting taxes for the wealthy and convincing America that the government can and should never do anything good for the average person.

The center in this country couldn't possibly stand for less.
    What even if bipartisan legislation on those issues? I don't know how legislatively we could write a bill that strips everyone of their health care and simultaneously gives them all health care.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast