Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

Offseason

Anyone think the Cardinals will spend on a good player this offseason? I doubt it, but we do have quite a bit coming off the books. Lots of top end pitchers that could be had too.

Max Scherzer, Clayton Kershaw, Justin Verlander, Robbie Ray and Noah Syndergaard

We need pitching bad. We should go after Max.
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    We need pitching bad. We should go after Max.
    I agree... and I honestly believe we should have gone after Max 6 years ago.

Max Scherzer, a good 4th outfielder like Joc Pederson (to allow OíNeill to DH a couple times a week to stay healthy while also being a good contingency for if Bader stinks or gets hurt), and a decent 7th/8th inning type to take some pressure of hicks and Gio next year. Then I guess sign Pujols to take the carpenter roll

Lineup vs RHP
    SS Edman
    1B Goldie
    LF OíNeill
    3B Arenado
    RF Carlson
    DH Pederson
    C yadi
    2B Gorman
    CF Bader

Lineup vs LHP
    2B edman
    1B Goldie
    LF OíNeill
    3B Arenado
    RF Carlson
    DH Pujols
    SS Dejong/sosa
    C yadi
    CF bader

Definitely should make a run at Scherzer. I'd like to take a run at one of the available SS this year as well. If the NL is thinking about getting the DH, I would also try to snag Schwarber unless he resigns with Boston.

Carpenter and Carlos Martinez's money is off the books but I am sure they just gave one of theirs to Waino's extension.

Oh yeah. Iím down for any outfielder/DH type as well. We canít go into next offseason with Nootbar as our 4th OFer.

Derrick Goold has mentioned Corey Seager as someone the team is possibly interested in. Wouldnít mind him at short
    Last edited by Tkais9009; 10-09-2021 at 12:36 AM.

Iíd love to add Seager.. Iíd hit OíNeil leadoff if we did.

OíNeil
    Goldie
    Seager
    Arenado
    Carlson

That would be a nice first 5..
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

Seager will get an ENORMOUS contract, and long term. I don't think the Cardinals are going to go after him, unless his market falls through... and he takes a 1-2 year deal to prove he can stay healthy.

7-8 years 200mil is probably out of the question for the Cardinals. Especially if they are going to add pitching help.

I was pleased with Sosa... and I'm fine with him and DeJong fighting for the spot.

Thanks guys for making threads. Between Covid and now pneumonia I havenít been up and around much. Iím on the mend but not totally back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    Thanks guys for making threads. Between Covid and now pneumonia I havenít been up and around much. Iím on the mend but not totally back to normal.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

I went to the doctor today and Iím pneumonia free now. Still tired, though. I should be back to work Monday.

Team needs a lot more than pitching. The offense still isnt good enough. Need a centerfielder and shortstop that can hit some hrs and drive in runs.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    Team needs a lot more than pitching. The offense still isnt good enough. Need a centerfielder and shortstop that can hit some hrs and drive in runs.
    I certainly agree with you there. Our pitching was actually acceptable last year. It should get better if Hudson and Hicks return healthy... plus a full season of Mikolas.

We were in the bottom half (10th) in the NL with runs scored. One run more than the 11th placed cubs. That is not a postseason offense. We need another bat, and we need to ensure guys like Bader can contribute on both sides. It is fine to have one position where we focus on defense... but SS, 2b, and C were essentially black holes. Bader at times, added a 4th. Not ok.

I still think we need one more starter and we need to add a couple of arms to the pen.
    Iím fine with keeping Bader if we we add one of the free agent shortstops this off-season.
    Marc Gasolís #1 fanÖ

Not like we didn't see this coming, but SP prices are getting quite high especially with Syndergaard getting 1y/21m
    and Verlander getting 25m per year.

Have to see if the Cardinals make any move towards a Scherzer or Kershaw type. Been talks surrounding Steven Matz and Stroman via MLBTR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast