Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason

I've been over at gatewayredbirds... they're very active over there too. It is actually hard to keep up with conversations, because things get buried so quickly.

Time to grab some bullpen help and maybe a bench bat and weíre set

Seeing a few reports that we are talking to Albert about coming back. I think that would be a fun move! A few games at first minimally and bulk at DH.

Saw via MLBTR that DeWitt was damping down expectations regarding Albert. Personally a reunion would be nice but much rather have Schwarber seeing Nelson Cruz appears to be signing soon.

Weíve got two cheap bullpen arms now. Hopeful itís because they are saving money for an OF/DH typeÖ. Though Iím sure Iíll be disappointed lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Weíve got two cheap bullpen arms now. Hopeful itís because they are saving money for an OF/DH typeÖ. Though Iím sure Iíll be disappointed lol
    Lol! IKR!
    Pelinka Sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Lol! IKR!
    😆 another cheap move. This front office blows. Can DeWitte sell anytime soon??

Hearing Jack has some issues with his shoulder..
    Pelinka Sucks!!

I guess our DH is gonna be Lars Nootbar? Everyone is getting picked up and of course the brilliant FO isnít doing anything.
    Pelinka Sucks!!

I guess our DH is gonna be Lars Nootbar? Everyone is getting picked up and of course the brilliant FO isnít doing anything.
    Looks like it. Schwarber signed with the Phils last night. With the expanded playoffs, I was more concerned about the Cardinals just doing the bare minimum to "compete"

Until DeWitte dies or sells this front office will continue to do nothing. Its a joke.

😆 another stellar transaction with Dickerson. 😆🤣😂

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    Until DeWitte dies or sells this front office will continue to do nothing. Its a joke.
    I'm sorry... but you do this every time you come on here. It is obnoxious. These moves are not major organization changers. They are simply roster fillers. I'm not saying that the front office makes the correct decision every time, but they have certainly one of the most efficient and effective front offices since DeWitt has taken over.

The Cardinals definitely shifted from the Jocketty spend on free agents model to the Mozeliak/Girsh model of trading and extending (try to at least) and fill in gaps with minor FA signings.

There are benefits to both, but if the Cardinals are a team that intends to win championships they will have to win on some of these top tier FAs at some point and blend the two models.

What grinds my gears is that you will see or read interviews with the FO and they change their tune from winning WS each year to competing because if you get in the playoffs anything can happen. That statement has merit but even the teams that got hot in the playoffs had better teams then we had in the same seasons i.e. 2018 Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I'm sorry... but you do this every time you come on here. It is obnoxious. These moves are not major organization changers. They are simply roster fillers. I'm not saying that the front office makes the correct decision every time, but they have certainly one of the most efficient and effective front offices since DeWitt has taken over.
    Do you need a tissue? Quit crying. Is this your message board? Stfu. Look at other boards their saying worst stuff than me. I hardly even post here. A lot of people have the same view point I have.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast