Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    I did not want him but I am not going to totally blame him either. Where is the offensive line and running game? I would fire the coach and the offensive coordinator, bring in Cam Newton and let Wilson sit and watch for a year. We should end up with a top two pick then trade it to someone looking for a QB and build this O line. Oh. Get a new o line and strength an conditioning coach as they suck ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Was on record saying this but…… it’s not all on Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. There were tons of drops and mistakes. It's not remotely on him. But, he doesn't look good. He is staring down throws. He is predictable. He is getting caught by D linemen that he got away from in college.

He has talent. He has potential.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    LEt me reparace

Wilson sucks. He is a college QB at best right now. He is not an NFL QB.
    Dude, I understand the frustration, but calm down. He is going to be very good. Don't judge his career off of three games. I was at Peyton Manning's third game I believe and the Jets destroyed him. I remember thinking maybe it wasn't a bad thing for the Jets that he decided to go back to Tennessee for his senior year. How did that work out for me?

My bigger concern right now is did we go too young? Particularly with the coaching staff. Rookie head coach, rookie o-coordinator to go along with a rookie QB. They all look lost.
    Your Worst Nightmare

How about we build from the inside out and start with an offensive line.
    WTF has Joe D been doing in FA and the first round the past offseasons?!?! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    WTF has Joe D been doing in FA and the first round the past offseasons?!?! Lol
    You tell me. How many times this kid has been sacked. When Manchild Mancini was coach first thing he did was draft two studs on the offensive line then stole that really good center from the Steelers in FA. Get Cam and let him get beat up the rest of the year before the Jets turn Wilson into Darnold.

Deja vu

Back here to commiserate with all of the die hard idiots like myself once again.

At least I've got Carolina to root for this year.

If the Darnold saga taught us anything it's that the Jets can make the best QB prospects look like poop - until they're thankfully let go by this organization.

Let's face it, Joe Douglas is off to a horrific start. The talent level of this team has not improved an iota since he's taken over. That being said, Douglas needs to be given a long leash. For some reason, I still think he can pull it off, altho' there is no evidence for that at this point.

Meanwhile, Saleh and LaFleur look like the rookies they are. I'm having a hard time finding anything that has improved over Gase - and that's the lowest bar in NFL history.

Right now, watching this team is like watching a train wreck. As horrific as it is, I can't not watch. Denver is not a good team and they look like they're in a higher league compared to the Jets. It's amazing.

Anyway, it's us vs. Jacksonville for the first overall pick. Hopefully, a stud QB will emerge and we can get a bushel of draft picks for the pick and, maybe, then we'll actually be able to add some real NFL talent to this roster.

You tell me. How many times this kid has been sacked. When Manchild Mancini was coach first thing he did was draft two studs on the offensive line then stole that really good center from the Steelers in FA. Get Cam and let him get beat up the rest of the year before the Jets turn Wilson into Darnold.
    I’m not disagreeing with you. My point is that JD has spent two high 1st round picks on OL, and basically used his entire FA $$$ last offseason on OL… and we still can’t protect the QB or open any running lanes

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    Dude, I understand the frustration, but calm down. He is going to be very good. Don't judge his career off of three games. I was at Peyton Manning's third game I believe and the Jets destroyed him. I remember thinking maybe it wasn't a bad thing for the Jets that he decided to go back to Tennessee for his senior year. How did that work out for me?

My bigger concern right now is did we go too young? Particularly with the coaching staff. Rookie head coach, rookie o-coordinator to go along with a rookie QB. They all look lost.
    . I know how early on it is. I posted so much that it was easily missed in there but I know he will need time. As annoying as it is, I would rather they roll this young. Just see who's who and move forward with the guys you want. I love that.

Now, I will say that if Wilson played the same competition that Manning did in college, I would cut him more slack but Wilson played a cream puff schedule and the good teams he played in college, made him look exactly like the NFL is making him look.

I will say that looking at the numbers, Manning and Wilson's first 3 games are similar.
    Manning threw 28 Ints his rookie year but also threw 26 TDs. Wilson is certainly on clip for the Ints and with the extra game, he could throw around 2 Tds per game getting him to a similar fate.

I know the comparison wasn't intended to be one for one but I looked at some numbers and saw the pain of Mannng's first year.

I hope Wilson is awesome I hope in two years people shred me for my perspective on him.

Right now, he looks incredibly overmatched. He's holding the ball too long, he's staring down his Wrs, he's getting caught by DL guys, that he didn't get caught by in college, so all the concerns I had when he was drafted are glaring, in these games.
    On the other side, he has said the playbook isn't second nature yet. So he's in his head and that will slow everything down and make a person fall into a safe and predictable pattern.

Ignorance is bliss

I think Joe has done a decent job with the OL. Becton, Tucker, he brought in Moses. I think he has addressed it. It's isn't looking good for sure but I think some of this is on Wilson. He needs to get the ball out quicker than he has been. He is indecisive, which as a rookie QB isn't unusual. I think right now it's a combo of a rookie OC a new OL and a rookie QB, all on a collision course with horrible.

I say let them be a mess this year. Let them all grow together.

That means at some point, they need to look better than they did yesterday. There needs to be a somewhat consistent arc of visible improvement.
    I love Joe D but yeah, his guys are not doing well so far.

Ignorance is bliss

Wilson has not looked good, period.

Lafleur did not call a good game yesterday either.
    What happened to the scheme.

Something is definitely off on this team.
    Saleh isn't the issue, other than his possible handling of the Mims situation.

Lafleur is beginning to look lost as an OC.
    Hope they turn it around and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Wilson has not looked good, period.

Lafleur did not call a good game yesterday either.
    What happened to the scheme.

Something is definitely off on this team.
    Saleh isn't the issue, other than his possible handling of the Mims situation.

Lafleur is beginning to look lost as an OC.
    Hope they turn it around and fast.
    Yeah the whole O looks lost and lifeless… that starts with the OC. I expect growing pains from ZW, but the OC has to account for that and scheme accordingly.

OL looked terrible. Miller sack was awful. Receivers were especially bad, dropping balls all over the yard and letting balls goes through their hands for an interception. Running game is awful. Special teams let the clock run out causing a penalty that put us out of FG range. Defense played so so. Then there's Zach. I thought he looked better, but he did hold the ball a bit too long on a few throws which caused the receiver to go from partially open to covered, however Broncos have excellent safetys, so the receivers were never wide open. It was obvious that Zach was being cautious early in the game, trying not to throw as many interceptions as the previous week. Then, in the second half with the team down 3 -4 scores, he tried to open it up more and threw a bad interception and another interception that was Berrios's fault. He's still not playing well, but I'm going to say that he took some baby steps toward getting better this week.

How did nobody within the organization see that Wilson was absolutely not ready to start? Why did they not bring in a veteran QB? Sitting and learning for a year would have been a much better idea but we'll just shatter Wilson's confidence like we did with Sanchez/Darnold.

I didn't like the Wilson pick because I felt like he just had one good season against crap competition and it's obvious now that was the truth. He's got a LONG way to go and we aren't helping him out in any way. Should have sat and learned for a year or so. We weren't gonna be good either way, what difference would it have made bringing in a guy like Cam/Fitz to start this year and take the beating and allow Wilson to learn from them??

Same. Old. Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    How did nobody within the organization see that Wilson was absolutely not ready to start? Why did they not bring in a veteran QB? Sitting and learning for a year would have been a much better idea but we'll just shatter Wilson's confidence like we did with Sanchez/Darnold.

I didn't like the Wilson pick because I felt like he just had one good season against crap competition and it's obvious now that was the truth. He's got a LONG way to go and we aren't helping him out in any way. Should have sat and learned for a year or so. We weren't gonna be good either way, what difference would it have made bringing in a guy like Cam/Fitz to start this year and take the beating and allow Wilson to learn from them??

Same. Old. Jets.
    You are not alone in the bolded. That was the divide between most fans. The kid has skills. That is undeniable. Whether or not they can translate, remains to be seen but you are correct, it will be a long road and painful to watch.
    I really think his comments regarding, knowing the playbook but it not being second nature, is a big one. For someone who like to improvise, learning the script is extremely important. That takes time.
    I like that they are rolling with him. I think it's the way to go.
    I sincerely believe that in order to succeed in NY, you must fail big time and build yourself back. That gives you the backbone to handle it. ZW's back will be checked these first two years. If it breaks, so be it.

As for the OC, yeah, this was a bad game. With that said, there were some drops that were huge and could have at least changed the complexion of the game if not the result.

Ignorance is bliss

This is easily the least talented team in the NFL and a lot of that falls on Joe Douglas. I don't care about his previous relationship with Gase and how much power Adam had in making personnel decisions. JD has been here since 2019 and this team has gotten progressively worse. That's with a **** ton of cap space (which they aren't using well) and significant draft capital. Where the **** is Denzel Mims btw? Corey Davis is not a #1 wide receiver, its another year where the tight end position is a ghost, and this offensive line is still mediocre. Wasn't that Douglas's specialty?

I feel bad for Wilson like I felt bad for Darnold. This is an awful situation to be put in and its going to hurt this kids development. You already see him throwing on his back foot, eyeing down receivers, not going through his progressions and not trusting himself. Meanwhile this team doesn't even have a veteran backup to help him or spell him in a bad game like last week.

I'm not going to trash the pick because I don't see how anyone would succeed with this team, nevermind a rookie QB. This team is just awful across the board aside from a handful of positions.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-27-2021 at 11:40 AM.

I find ii absurd to blame Wilson in any way for what's happening

These three miserable games have taught us nothing about how good he will become

If the past three years have taught us nothing else, they have taught us that an awful, talentless team run by the clueless tells you nothing about the talent of the QB trying to function in it

Darnold is tearing it up in Carolina after looking horrific in New York for three years.
    We suspected Darnold might be good, but you just couldn't't tell in this environment.

It's hard to believe anyone would be trying to diss on Wilson after what we've just been thru

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast