Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Cowboys Collins suspension drama: Missed tests and bribery?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...842006016?s=20

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    ·
    38m
    Cowboys’ RT La'el Collins was suspended by the NFL after trying to bribe the league's drug-test collector, sources told ESPN.

My question is who is his lawyer ? He acted like he didn’t have this information and this suspension was a travesty … lol…

I bribed a piss collector .. or I tried to anyway . Didn’t work for me either . Good thing I work out of a hiring hall I just go get another job . No suspension .. lol

What a dumbass! I just read that Collins was initially given 2 game suspension but he immediately appealed and when the arbitrator looked at all the info In his case the suspension was increased to 5 games.

Lmafaooo!!!!!

So let me get this straight… This guy tested positive for marijuana.. He WAS NOT going to be suspended for it until he kept missing tests and then tried to bribe the test collector..

Oh and then it doesn’t end there.. The league thought a 5 game suspension was appropriate but the Nfl players association negotiated it down to a 2 game suspension! Should be a great deal right? Nope! Collins wanted 0! So he appealed, it went to an arbitrator and the arbitrator “not only rejected Collins' appeal but also ruled that, based on the evidence, the suspension should be increased back to the original five games.”

This guy literally turned what should have been no suspension into a 5 game suspension, reduced to 2 but due to stupidity raised back up to 5.. LMFAAAOOOOOOOO!! Wow! What a ****in dumbass! Wooooheeee!

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever heard someone in the NFL doing something more stupid. Hell, maybe in all of sports. People have been reckless and done stupid things before for sure but the point is Collins shouldn’t have even been suspended at all in the first place.. So he essentially created a 5 game suspension due to stupidity. He went from what shoulda been 0 games to 5, down to 2 and then back up to 5? I’ve never heard of that.. that is pretty bad..

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Lmafaooo!!!!!

So let me get this straight… This guy tested positive for marijuana.. He WAS NOT going to be suspended for it until he kept missing tests and then tried to bribe the test collector..

Oh and then it doesn’t end there.. The league thought a 5 game suspension was appropriate but the Nfl players association negotiated it down to a 2 game suspension! Should be a great deal right? Nope! Collins wanted 0! So he appealed, it went to an arbitrator and the arbitrator “not only rejected Collins' appeal but also ruled that, based on the evidence, the suspension should be increased back to the original five games.”

This guy literally turned what should have been no suspension into a 5 game suspension, reduced to 2 but due to stupidity raised back up to 5.. LMFAAAOOOOOOOO!! Wow! What a ****in dumbass! Wooooheeee!
    Testing and fining for weed at all is stupid. They should fine guys for drinking alcohol as well then.

Trying to pay a bribe is even dumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Eegles4ever: This is some football here. What about the Wentz? This thread by fiddy.

RBphiladelphia: This couldn't be a Wentz even if you wished for it. Wentz does not exist.

Mr Not the Eagles: Friends, look for the lack of Wentz where there is now Hertz. Wentz is a horse while Dak is a cow.

CamBearMan: I am not Cam, Cam is inevitable.

Mods: Guys, please cut out on all the violence. Due to complaints, the letter A must be at least 6 spaces away from the letter I.

Where’s mamba to defend?

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Testing and fining for weed at all is stupid. They should fine guys for drinking alcohol as well then.

Agreed. I just don’t understand the reason he felt the need to bribe in the first place? He’s cost himself 5 games and millions of dollars as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post

They’ve relaxed the rules on it quite a bit. For the most part testing for players that have never had a positive test happens in a 5 day window. Chris Long once called it the stupidity test.

If you want to subscribe to this rumor (I do); the testing is only still in place because weed is still illegal in a majority of states players call home in season, and some owners don’t feel it’s a lower playing field is some teams can lose players for being arrested for possession that other teams wouldn’t lose a player for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Where’s mamba to defend?
    Lol.. In mambas defense, there was obviously missing information in this story from the very beginning. That was clear, things didn’t add up. So there was definitely more to the story but I didn’t know it was gonna be like this. This is approaching brain dead territory, fans wouldn’t expect players to be brain dead.

I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever heard someone in the NFL doing something more stupid. Hell, maybe in all of sports. People have been reckless and done stupid things before for sure but the point is Collins shouldn’t have even been suspended at all in the first place.. So he essentially created a 5 game suspension due to stupidity. He went from what shoulda been 0 games to 5, down to 2 and then back up to 5? I’ve never heard of that.. that is pretty bad..
    This is a guy that knew he had a bright NFL future but still thought he should make a super cool video of smoking with a gas mask at some point late in his college career

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    This is a guy that knew he had a bright NFL future but still thought he should make a super cool video of smoking with a gas mask at some point late in his college career
    Lol… I forgot about that. That was another “wtf were you thinking” moment by him

Lmafaooo!!!!!

Talk about epic fail!

At the very least I expect this to cost Collins his job, especially if Steele continues to play well. They also have 2 younger tackles that they really like. In addition to that I’m wondering if the attempted bribery could lead to a longer suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    That was Laremy Tunsil wasn’t it? La’el Collins is the guy who’s ex-girlfriend was found murdered. The story dropped like the day before the draft. He was questioned but was never considered a suspect (he had a legit alibi). He wasn’t officially cleared until after the draft though and he went undrafted.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast