Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The race for a top 10 Pick.

Currently the Mets have the 11th worst record.

Angels winning big so that should stand.

Mets need either KC or Rockies to end the year hot so they can have a top 10 pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah at this point thatís the best thing. They already have the 11th pick after throwing away this years draft so getting two picks in that range would help our farm a lot

You lose a first round pick if you're not top 10? Thought rules changed to third rounder

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    You lose a first round pick if you're not top 10? Thought rules changed to third rounder

No itís your second pick that you lose, but if you have two first round picks, then the second pick in the first round is the one you would lose.

According to some a top 10 is protected.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

. You mean if they sign a FA with a QO? I was talking about that they didnít sign Kumar rocker they get the 11th puck next year plus wherever their first round pick lands this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    No itís your second pick that you lose, but if you have two first round picks, then the second pick in the first round is the one you would lose.

According to some a top 10 is protected. Classic penny pinching Wilpon gonna screw us again with the whole Rocker situation causing this. Oh wait, maybe it is just a Mets curse

Ooh ouch.

I doubt the Mets are going to sign anyone with a QO. They canít afford to throw away the 11th overall pick after punting this years draft and trading several prospects since 2018. The Mets need a monster draft next year

So Alderson basically just forfeited a top 10 pick and an entire draft - for nothing.

How do you let someone keep their job after that (among all his other failures for this organization of late)???

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    So Alderson basically just forfeited a top 10 pick and an entire draft - for nothing.

How do you let someone keep their job after that (among all his other failures for this organization of late)???
    Alderson and everybody who was in charge of that draft should go.

Thatís something that should not be tolerated because it should their complete incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I doubt the Mets are going to sign anyone with a QO. They canít afford to throw away the 11th overall pick after punting this years draft and trading several prospects since 2018. The Mets need a monster draft next year
    Agreed. Even the most prominent name that comes up, Bryant, would require no draft compensation. The Mets principal problem will be the luxury tax. It no longer is an issue of whether they are going to exceed the tax, assuming the new CBA includes a similar threshold, but by how much they exceed it.

https://twitter.com/psltoflushing/st...695304193?s=21

How bad has the Padres fallen that they can actually end up with a worse record than the Mets?

https://twitter.com/psltoflushing/st...077050884?s=21

I wished they would of lost one more game in order to have the 11th and 12th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    How bad has the Padres fallen that they can actually end up with a worse record than the Mets?

Biggest disappointment this year for sure