Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I still think that the keys to the Jazz franchise should have been handed to AK-47....instead we got Boozer and never ran a play for AK again for the rest of his career in Utah after maxing him out. I'll never understand it.
    The NBA was different back then, and players like AK were not understood as much as they are now. Now players like him are desperately sought after.

Scottie Barnes will be the next AK47.

I think if Exum hadn't had two basically season ending injuries in his first 4 years he could have been a solid NBA starter with some more potential. I think the injuries sapped some athleticism and crippled his development. Also think Kyle Korver is pretty underrated by most fans. he was also born about 10 years too early.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I put Zubac in the same space I put Nurkic, Kanter, Boban, Robin Lopez, and a few other centers. They arenít limited by the team. They are limited by a style that the NBA doesnít value anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To an extent, but he is most like Nurkic than the rest. He is a guy that basically is a 9 and 7 playing 20 minutes a night. He hits free throws at a solid clip. He has a mid range game. He is a capable passer. He is a good defender.

He is only 23. With Kawhi and PG, and the abundance of guards that shoot on the clippers and in the past, i do believe he is limited by minutes and guys he plays around.

In a better situation, I think he is a guy that matches prime Nurkic, which is likely a top 10 center in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Scottie Barnes will be the next AK47.
    Better bro

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Better bro
    Peak Kirilenko rivaled Draymond and would be even more valuable in today's NBA. Scottie's got to prove some things to even be in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I put Zubac in the same space I put Nurkic, Kanter, Boban, Robin Lopez, and a few other centers. They arenít limited by the team. They are limited by a style that the NBA doesnít value anymore.

Nurkic shouldn't be on that list. He brings legitimate passing value as a big, can do damage in the short roll, is agile and mobile screener, and when he was last fully healthy (which was forever ago) and genuinely good defender. He was the starting center on two top 3 offenses for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    To an extent, but he is most like Nurkic than the rest. He is a guy that basically is a 9 and 7 playing 20 minutes a night. He hits free throws at a solid clip. He has a mid range game. He is a capable passer. He is a good defender.

He is only 23. With Kawhi and PG, and the abundance of guards that shoot on the clippers and in the past, i do believe he is limited by minutes and guys he plays around.

In a better situation, I think he is a guy that matches prime Nurkic, which is likely a top 10 center in this league.
    WellÖ.heís in a fine situation to do well. Itís just weíre not in a league time that values the slower half court center play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Nurkic shouldn't be on that list. He brings legitimate passing value as a big, can do damage in the short roll, is agile and mobile screener, and when he was last fully healthy (which was forever ago) and genuinely good defender. He was the starting center on two top 3 offenses for a reason.
    See above. Iím not saying these guys arenít good. Itís just what teams want and the play that works in the current iteration of the NBA isnít valued as highly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Peak Kirilenko rivaled Draymond and would be even more valuable in today's NBA. Scottie's got to prove some things to even be in the conversation.
    I think he has a higher ceiling. AK47 was a career 11/5/2. I see that as Barnes floor potential.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-30-2021 at 01:20 PM.

I think he has a higher ceiling. AK47 was a career 11/5/2. I see that as Barnes floor potential.
    Youíre using some pretty basic metrics there. Compare Kirilenko and Draymondís impact on winning. Kirilenko was just as valuable and would kill in todayís game as a small-ball center/power forward combo.

He should be on the list because of his injury history. The archipelago is full of islands in honor of injury riddled stars.

Youíre using some pretty basic metrics there. Compare Kirilenko and Draymondís impact on winning. Kirilenko was just as valuable and would kill in todayís game as a small-ball center/power forward combo.

He should be on the list because of his injury history. The archipelago is full of islands in honor of injury riddled stars.
    Itís a player comp for a rookie who hasnít played an NBA game yet. what do you want me to use advanced stats?

I think he has a higher ceiling than AK. There no way to prove it until he plays but yeah I think AK47 would be his floor. Iím hoping for more of a Kawhi type player.

Iím not a big Draymond fan. Great defensive player, great glue guy. Iíll give him his dues as a winner. But Iím hoping Barnes will have a more balanced two way game and not just a great defender and good passer.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-30-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Itís a player comp for a rookie who hasnít played an NBA game yet. what do you want me to use advanced stats?

I think he has a higher ceiling than AK. There no way to prove it until he plays but yeah I think AK47 would be his floor. Iím hoping for more of a Kawhi type player.

Iím not a big Draymond fan. Great defensive player, great glue guy. Iíll give him his dues as a winner. But Iím hoping Barnes will have a more balanced two way game and not just a great defender and good passer.
    I was talking about your simple metrics used to undersell Kirilenko, while also leaving out blocks and steals. His role, usage and numbers would significantly increase in todayís league. Barnes will be lucky if he can reach AK47 or Draymondís level, much less Kawhiís.

I was talking about your simple metrics used to undersell Kirilenko, while also leaving out blocks and steals. His role, usage and numbers would significantly increase in todayís league. Barnes will be lucky if he can reach AK47 or Draymondís level, much less Kawhiís.
    Yeah but like I said Iím hoping for more of a Kawhi type player. AK47 in this era is hypothetical. Itís nice to think about but who knows. I was a fan of AK so no Iím not under selling him. Just saying straight up I think Barnes will be a bigger star. If he ends up being a version of AK I wouldnít be mad at all. But I do think he has a higher ceiling, atleast I hope. He could bust out for all I know.

Yeah but like I said Iím hoping for more of a Kawhi type player. AK47 in this era is hypothetical. Itís nice to think about but who knows. I was a fan of AK so no Iím not under selling him. Just saying straight up I think Barnes will be a bigger star. If he ends up being a version of AK I wouldnít be mad at all. But I do think he has a higher ceiling, atleast I hope. He could bust out for all I know.

I want Toronto to do FVV + Trent for Simmons just so they can have a GOATed swtichable defense haha

Simmons
    OG
    Barnes
    Siakam
    Boucher

That would be insane

I want Toronto to do FVV + Trent for Simmons just so they can have a GOATed swtichable defense haha

Simmons
    OG
    Barnes
    Siakam
    Boucher

That would be insane
    actually some raptors fans have been sharing the same sentiment. Defensively that line up would be potent af I agree. and the length and athleticism would be intriguing now doubt. I even considered trading for Simmons at some point.

But the ugly truth that has come out in the last few months is that Simmons may not just have a broken shot and low confidence but also I question his character. I value high character guys because those are generally the guys that will do what it takes to succeed. Guys that bring positive energy in the locker room, can be good leaders for the younger guys, can instill a culture in to the franchise.

Simmons looks like the type of guy that will get his panties in a bunch every time something doesn't go his way. He also gives me the impression that he doesn't care about the impact he has on a locker room. It just seems to be about him, how he feels about the fit, how the roster is constructed around him or not, how the FO approaches him, how the coach deals with him. Its just too much. Its almost like he needs the entire organization to be on egg shells and cater to him for him to be content. For that reason Ive lost all interest in him being on either of my teams. I dont think he has a winners mentality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast