Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    The pressure is on Westbrook to perform when the season starts.
    I don't know why his ability to perform would be in question.

I am in his corner but he have to perform. Coach now saying they will lean on Lebron And Davis. Trying to get Westbrook and the rest of the gang up to speed. It was to be the opposite with those guys taken the pressure off Lebron and Davis.
    Keep in mind that this is just preseason and Westy gives very little effort in pre season games. They probably are going all out in practice. Probably why they have so many injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Keep in mind that this is just preseason and Westy gives very little effort in pre season games. They probably are going all out in practice. Probably why they have so many injuries.
    I would say I'm a little surprised people are concerned but I guess I shouldn't be because our guys love to overreact on here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I would say I'm a little surprised people are concerned but I guess I shouldn't be because our guys love to overreact on here lol
    NO man. You are overreacting at people overreacting. Everyone is very patient and chill here.

NO man. You are overreacting at people overreacting. Everyone is very patient and chill here.

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about Russ. For whatever reason, it takes him a while to get going with a new team or finding rhythm after an injury. His game is such that, that is the reality. But he’s always killing it midway through the season.

The concern on West is not his ability. Everyone knows hes one of the most passionate and intense player in the game today. Its his fit is whats in question. Its not base on preseason games its base on who he has been as a player. It may or may not work. My guess is it will work but the pressure is still on him to make it work. Last night they slack off him which is what will come. He have to make that open shot and he have to adjust to play better without the ball. I am not concern about his turnovers push come to shove which i already suspect Lebron will have the ball in his hands.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-13-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Looking Pass Preseason. These Games mean nothing. Thats why i still Have them 8-2 in the 1st ten games even though they are yet to win a Game. The only thing i look at is the 3 point shooting.

Lebron and Wade was not the best of fit But they made it work.They were hell in the open court pushing the Ball and Bosh Ability to shoot the mid range consistently helped. Davis is Somewhat Similar to Bosh from outside but his shot is a tad iffy. Lebron has improved greatly from his early years from 3. Miami also had very good shooters to spread the floor. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane was not low 30ish % 3 point shooters. This Laker team is constructed very Similar. Westbrook have to make it Work. Another fear is Lebron is Now 37 and not the open floor player he once was, The best shooter Melo is what 38? I am not sure they should play at a fast pace during the season and risk Injuries. So My Concerns are not preseason looses. The Last time we built an aged star stud team Kobe was left trying to will them to Playoffs and had a rupture. Now the Coach has said he will lean on Lebron and Davis and a number of guys are already on mend. That is my concern and yes i admit it could still be overreacting and over thinking it. LOL
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-13-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Looking Pass Preseason. These Games mean nothing. Thats why i still Have them 8-2 in the 1st ten games even though they are yet to win a Game. The only thing i look at is the 3 point shooting.

Lebron and Wade was not the best of fit But they made it work.They were hell in the open court pushing the Ball and Bosh Ability to shoot the mid range consistently helped. Davis is Somewhat Similar to Bosh from outside but his shot is a tad iffy. Lebron has improved greatly from his early years from 3. Miami also had very good shooters to spread the floor. Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Shane was not low 30ish % 3 point shooters. This Laker team is constructed very Similar. Westbrook have to make it Work. Another fear is Lebron is Now 37 and not the open floor player he once was, The best shooter Melo is what 38? I am not sure they should play at a fast pace during the season and risk Injuries. So My Concerns are not preseason looses. The Last time we built an aged star stud team Kobe was left trying to will them to Playoffs and had a rupture. Now the Coach has said he will lean on Lebron and Davis and a number of guys are already on mend. That is my concern and yes i admit it could still be overreacting and over thinking it. LOL
    That was different though because Kobe didn't really have much help. Pau mentally checked out after 2010, Dwight never recovered from his 2011 surgery with Orlando, and Nash wasn't really playing because of his injury at the start of the season so it was mostly Kobe dragging the team to the playoffs in a heroic effort. Even though LBJ is around the same age as kobe was (LBJ's a little older), AD is still very young and Westbrook is still in his prime (and also not that old). I know Vogel said he would lean on LBJ, but that's just lip service. LBJ won't need to do what kobe had to do because this team is super stacked and built to allow LBJ to kind of coast through the regular season and then turn it on when we need him at his best. I think during the regular season, AD and Westbrook will be the workhorses and LBJ will obviously be orchestrating everything, but he won't be doing too much heavy lifting until we get late in the season.

So Davis is better than Bosh or not? Wade owned the Miami before Lebron decided to go there. He had won carrying that team along with fat Shaq. Wes has been very close and he still hungry. Health is our worst enemy and is so for the rest of the league. We finally have a big three in spite of the haters and the media.
    Soon to be seen together!

That was different though because Kobe didn't really have much help. Pau mentally checked out after 2010, Dwight never recovered from his 2011 surgery with Orlando, and Nash wasn't really playing because of his injury at the start of the season so it was mostly Kobe dragging the team to the playoffs in a heroic effort. Even though LBJ is around the same age as kobe was (LBJ's a little older), AD is still very young and Westbrook is still in his prime (and also not that old). I know Vogel said he would lean on LBJ, but that's just lip service. LBJ won't need to do what kobe had to do because this team is super stacked and built to allow LBJ to kind of coast through the regular season and then turn it on when we need him at his best. I think during the regular season, AD and Westbrook will be the workhorses and LBJ will obviously be orchestrating everything, but he won't be doing too much heavy lifting until we get late in the season.
    That would be the smartest thing to do, AD has to start carrying us at some point if he wants to be taken seriously.

This forum is the main definition of overreacting...

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    So Davis is better than Bosh or not? Wade owned the Miami before Lebron decided to go there. He had won carrying that team along with fat Shaq. Wes has been very close and he still hungry. Health is our worst enemy and is so for the rest of the league. We finally have a big three in spite of the haters and the media.
    Overall Davis is better. Thats why i said West have to make it work and he could. Health is one of the concerns. I wont call it being a hater with the media talking about the concern. ex Nets were heavy favored but Kyrie distraction is legit. The haters/Media per say talking about it is just stating the obvious. Having no concern and having concern is the same thing. No one knows until its played out. Ex most thought Last season was going to ok while some had concerns. Some question Dennis i want to start mentality, Most thought Gasol was the perfect, Some had Question about Harrell defense, Some Question the let go of Howard. Even after picking up Injuries we still had no concern and was just waiting for playoffs. When it all played out we ended up getting bonce in the 1st round.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-14-2021 at 06:36 AM.

I don't know why his ability to perform would be in question.
    Because he’s an overrated stat whore..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

So everyone is saying they will flip a switch on opening night? Are they just playing the preseason games like **** on purpose?
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast