Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

So this is the squad?

Monte had his pre training camp press conference the other day and said the current roster is likely the roster going into the season. I've gotta admit, I'm very underwhelmed by this offseason.

Reasons for optimism? Let's hear em.

Let me try and be optimistic. This team while not much different from the end of last seasons team it is much different than the start of last seasons team. This team is in my opinion much better than the team that started last season and will benefit from that fact.

Optimism with what Monte said. It's political. He is sending a message to the sixers that we are not giving him 5 picks for Simmons. I am betting Monte would be willing to trade for Simmons but the sixers price will have to come down considerably.

Reasons for optimism? Did you not just see us win the summer league championship? Go Kings!

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Monte had his pre training camp press conference the other day and said the current roster is likely the roster going into the season. I've gotta admit, I'm very underwhelmed by this offseason.

Reasons for optimism? Let's hear em.
    I agree. Itís underwhelming.

We publicly made it know that we were going to swing big in the trade market. What do you call it when you promise to make a splash, then dont do it? Obviously, itís a failure.

We can still improve as a team. Especially defensively. But we failed at our goals, and likely delayed any major improvement. I guess thereís no rush though, so thereís still time..,

Itís not all doom and gloom. I think we have some positives working for us. After years of major roster turnover, this team finally has some continuity. Like him or not, Walton has been in place for a while. Our top 6 players are coming back from last year. There shouldnít be a major adjustment period for players to get used to each other. We also have some toughness we havenít had before, especially on the bench. The bench also has more depth than weíve had in previous years. I think at least make the play-in tourney - with a chance to be a surprise team if Bagley can finally tap into his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Itís not all doom and gloom. I think we have some positives working for us. After years of major roster turnover, this team finally has some continuity. Like him or not, Walton has been in place for a while. Our top 6 players are coming back from last year. There shouldnít be a major adjustment period for players to get used to each other. We also have some toughness we havenít had before, especially on the bench. The bench also has more depth than weíve had in previous years. I think at least make the play-in tourney - with a chance to be a surprise team if Bagley can finally tap into his potential.
    Bagley is the key. We know what we got from others but we don't know what we will get from Bagley.

I kinda agree about knowing what to expect from most players, although it wouldnít surprise me if Hali exceeds my expectations. Also, I feel I have an idea what to expect from Mitchell, but always hard to predict how a rookie will play.

In terms of Bagley, Iíve liked everything Iíve heard about him going into the season. Definitely a prove-it season for him.

Kings won the summer league and undefeated in preseason what can go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Kings won the summer league and undefeated in preseason what can go wrong?
    Coach Luke has instilled a winning culture.

Coach Luke has instilled a winning culture.
    I will be stoked if we win opening night in Portland. Give me 1 regular season game to get excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I will be stoked if we win opening night in Portland. Give me 1 regular season game to get excited about.
    They should treat mitchell like a shutdown corner. Just stick him on Lillard and cover the whole game.

Canít wait for the season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Canít wait for the season to start.
    Yeah I'm ready for the season to start. We'll soon see if all this offseason talk is legit. Team seems happy to be around eachother. Every player has improved. We'll see what Luke can do.

Yeah I'm ready for the season to start. We'll soon see if all this offseason talk is legit. Team seems happy to be around eachother. Every player has improved. We'll see what Luke can do.
    Iím interested to see the defense. If weíre at least competent on defense, we should see a sizable improvement.