Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 179
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    BTW I heard Stantons ball just landed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    BTW I heard Stantons ball just landed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear posada's just dropped.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,600
    Eckersly about Chapman, "I would hat to manage him. It's got. to be tense. He always makes it interesting. You just never know"



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    BTW I heard Stantons ball just landed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope, that sound was Dent's.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    16,260
    Was out, didnít get a chance to watch..

    Good Lawd that was a bombÖ

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Nope, that sound was Dent's.
    Umm. Excuse me

    I think you mean, Bucky, ****ing Dent



    Ignorance is bliss

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    I think we can put it to rest with regards to Stanton. The man did his job last Oct and he has done his job for the regular season as well. When healthy he is a freaking beast.

    Huge HR in a huge game so obviously he didnít succumb to pressure.

    Yanks need that sweep!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-25-2021 at 08:26 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Eckersly about Chapman, "I would hat to manage him. It's got. to be tense. He always makes it interesting. You just never know"
    For the first 2 or2 1/2 months of this season, you knew. But since then, Eckersly is right. You just don't know.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Eckersly about Chapman, "I would hat to manage him. It's got. to be tense. He always makes it interesting. You just never know"
    I miss Mo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I miss Mo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Sevy looked really good out there today. I would much rather they used him and Lasagna as the backend the rest of the way than Green and Chapman.

    That was an absolutely huge win for us today, definitely a big gut punch to the Soxs. Even if we went 4-3 to finish Toronto or Seattle would have to almost win out to catch us.

    Another huge thing about this game and series, if we can sweep that could really put us in a good position for the WC game.

    Nestor did very, very well today against another tough team, I'm not sure how u could take hi out of the rotation for the playoffs. IMO, right now he's our #2. King has also been very, very good since his return. He used to be a low 90's guy but he's been 96-98 with that 2 seam and Kluber teaching him that CB has also given him a much better out pitch.

    Now that he's back on the mound, you can see why they have given Sevy every chance. He's throwing all 3 of his pitches very well and was up to 97-98 today, with a very nice 8-10 MPH difference with his CU. His CU actually looks like a much better pitch for him now. He never seemed to have as much confidence in that pitch as his 4 Seam and SL, but its been a very good pitch for him so far. He might not be that #2 we had hoped he was going to be this yr, but if he keeps putting up zeros out of the BP that will be huge for us. The backend of the BP was actually a much bigger need than the rotation this yr and he seems to have the right kind of mindset to help us win back there.

    Stanton, WOW. That was as big of a hit in a big situation as I've seen in a very long time. I must have jumped 3 ft off the coach when he hit that, scared the animals, screaming like an idiot, MY goodness did he crush that ball. What has gone on with him and Judge this summer is exactly what they were envisioning when they made that trade..

    If the bats stay hot, were going to be as tough of a team as anyone in the playoffs. Lets hope for the sweep and to take HF advantage back and keep it.. hell of a game fellas

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Why do you have so many hemorrhoids? You talk too frequently from that orifice in an attempt to troll

    Because his throwing motion and fielding stance is the same for all positions


    Maybe hitting or running?

    Maybe fatigue?
    What causes a player to fatigue quicker and more likely to get hurt ? Playing at the position you win 2 gold gloves in and where you have started over 1000 games at or playing at third where you have started less than 120 games at ? Especially at 33?

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    What causes a player to fatigue quicker and more likely to get hurt ? Playing at the position you win 2 gold gloves in and where you have started over 1000 games at or playing at third where you have started less than 120 games at ? Especially at 33?
    You do remember that the role they signed DJ for was to be a super utility guy, it was never the plan to play him exclusively at 2nd.

    U act like they are just throwing him at a position he's never played before or is uncomfortable playing, it's not like they are running him out at C or CF

    It's also not like he's been a GG 2nd baseman for us, the last time he won a GG was in 2018.

    Torres has been much better on both sides of the ball since he went back to 2nd. If the Yanks get Torres back to hitting like he did when he played 2nd full time, that's a much bigger piece than worrying about DJ handling 3rd base.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I thought Sevy looked really good out there today. I would much rather they used him and Lasagna as the backend the rest of the way than Green and Chapman.

    That was an absolutely huge win for us today, definitely a big gut punch to the Soxs. Even if we went 4-3 to finish Toronto or Seattle would have to almost win out to catch us.

    Another huge thing about this game and series, if we can sweep that could really put us in a good position for the WC game.

    Nestor did very, very well today against another tough team, I'm not sure how u could take hi out of the rotation for the playoffs. IMO, right now he's our #2. King has also been very, very good since his return. He used to be a low 90's guy but he's been 96-98 with that 2 seam and Kluber teaching him that CB has also given him a much better out pitch.

    Now that he's back on the mound, you can see why they have given Sevy every chance. He's throwing all 3 of his pitches very well and was up to 97-98 today, with a very nice 8-10 MPH difference with his CU. His CU actually looks like a much better pitch for him now. He never seemed to have as much confidence in that pitch as his 4 Seam and SL, but its been a very good pitch for him so far. He might not be that #2 we had hoped he was going to be this yr, but if he keeps putting up zeros out of the BP that will be huge for us. The backend of the BP was actually a much bigger need than the rotation this yr and he seems to have the right kind of mindset to help us win back there.

    Stanton, WOW. That was as big of a hit in a big situation as I've seen in a very long time. I must have jumped 3 ft off the coach when he hit that, scared the animals, screaming like an idiot, MY goodness did he crush that ball. What has gone on with him and Judge this summer is exactly what they were envisioning when they made that trade..

    If the bats stay hot, were going to be as tough of a team as anyone in the playoffs. Lets hope for the sweep and to take HF advantage back and keep it.. hell of a game fellas
    2 runs in 4.1 innings was good but but not very good . He needs to go a little deeper into the games come playoff time

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,898
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    You do remember that the role they signed DJ for was to be a super utility guy, it was never the plan to play him exclusively at 2nd.

    U act like they are just throwing him at a position he's never played before or is uncomfortable playing, it's not like they are running him out at C or CF

    It's also not like he's been a GG 2nd baseman for us, the last time he won a GG was in 2018.

    Torres has been much better on both sides of the ball since he went back to 2nd. If the Yanks get Torres back to hitting like he did when he played 2nd full time, that's a much bigger piece than worrying about DJ handling 3rd base.
    You really think itís just a coincidence that dj hurts his hip after playing several games in a row at third ?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653

    Yankees at Red Sox Sept. 24-26

    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I thought Sevy looked really good out there today. I would much rather they used him and Lasagna as the backend the rest of the way than Green and Chapman.

    That was an absolutely huge win for us today, definitely a big gut punch to the Soxs. Even if we went 4-3 to finish Toronto or Seattle would have to almost win out to catch us.

    Another huge thing about this game and series, if we can sweep that could really put us in a good position for the WC game.

    Nestor did very, very well today against another tough team, I'm not sure how u could take hi out of the rotation for the playoffs. IMO, right now he's our #2. King has also been very, very good since his return. He used to be a low 90's guy but he's been 96-98 with that 2 seam and Kluber teaching him that CB has also given him a much better out pitch.

    Now that he's back on the mound, you can see why they have given Sevy every chance. He's throwing all 3 of his pitches very well and was up to 97-98 today, with a very nice 8-10 MPH difference with his CU. His CU actually looks like a much better pitch for him now. He never seemed to have as much confidence in that pitch as his 4 Seam and SL, but its been a very good pitch for him so far. He might not be that #2 we had hoped he was going to be this yr, but if he keeps putting up zeros out of the BP that will be huge for us. The backend of the BP was actually a much bigger need than the rotation this yr and he seems to have the right kind of mindset to help us win back there.

    Stanton, WOW. That was as big of a hit in a big situation as I've seen in a very long time. I must have jumped 3 ft off the coach when he hit that, scared the animals, screaming like an idiot, MY goodness did he crush that ball. What has gone on with him and Judge this summer is exactly what they were envisioning when they made that trade..

    If the bats stay hot, were going to be as tough of a team as anyone in the playoffs. Lets hope for the sweep and to take HF advantage back and keep it.. hell of a game fellas
    100% to everything you said!
    Fun? I canít remember a bigger regular season home run! Given the magnitude of the situation, 8 games to go, fighting for our playoff lives, home field advantage!! Man I had a blast!!
    If I lived in an apartment Iím sure the cops would have been at my door! I lost my voice!!
    Iíd like to see a video of my eyes after Stanton hit that ball

    There is a video I saw on Twitter and it focuses on Stanton and the catcher and after Stanton hits the ball the suxs catchers head just goes straight down, itís hysterical all the air comes out of the balloon.

    Letís not forget this big inning is all with two outs. Gardy gets on steals second Judge works a walk and then Rizzo gets HBP, and the rest as they say is history.

    Funny you should mention Lo because I was thinking ďl sure wish we had Loisaga available for this ninth inning. Iíd love to see him and Sevy for our finishers. Sorry but Green and Chappy scare me.

    The sux losing Whitlock definitely hurt them, and by contrast our bullpen seems to be getting healthy at the right time.

    I totally stand by my statement I made a few days ago. Iím glad we have to play good teams headed into the playoffs. We seem to play down to our opponents. I mean címon we should be able to throw SWB out there and beat Baltimore or Cleveland. Careful what I wish for? No not at all, weíre gonna be playing good teams in the playoffs so we might as well get into playoff mode now.
    I also stand by my letís have fun and just get into the dance enjoy the ride and see what happens.

    Sounds like you had as much fun as I did! Good deal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by runnermjr1296; 09-26-2021 at 01:46 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •