Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 179
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    nice offense what a pleasant surprise did not see this on the homestand

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,653
    That single Stanton just hit, is that a HR in most ball parks?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    178
    At least for 1 day we get to see the Yankees in top form. Gleyber finally looking like his old self coming thru with a clutch RBI with 2 outs, makes me wonder why it took management so long to move him back to 2nd smh.

    Whether Rizzo comes back next season or not is another story but his LH make contact bat and superb defense was definitely something the Yankees were lacking.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,776
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    At least for 1 day we get to see the Yankees in top form. Gleyber finally looking like his old self coming thru with a clutch RBI with 2 outs, makes me wonder why it took management so long to move him back to 2nd smh.

    Whether Rizzo comes back next season or not is another story but his LH make contact bat and superb defense was definitely something the Yankees were lacking.
    Torres looks 10 times better at 2nd than he did at SS, and he looks better at the plate. Its almost like he shouldn't have ever moved from 2nd. If he starts hitting like he is capable, that lineup gets alot longer.

    When i talked to my buddy the other night, he stressed that they were looking for elite defense at 1st, which is the biggest reason it looks like Voits out. If you could get Matt Olsen, I think that would be the perfect addition but Rizzo, IMO isn't a bad 1B option

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    This is the kinda start e needed
    Now we need the sweep!

    I want HOMEFIELD for the WC game.

    I’d pull Cole after 5 to conserve for the WC game!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,776
    Torres back to hitting, it would be incredible if he hot hot right now

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Now we need the sweep!

    I want HOMEFIELD for the WC game.

    I’d pull Cole after 5 to conserve for the WC game!
    cole gave up 3 run home run sox back in the game..

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Torres looks 10 times better at 2nd than he did at SS, and he looks better at the plate. Its almost like he shouldn't have ever moved from 2nd. If he starts hitting like he is capable, that lineup gets alot longer.

    When i talked to my buddy the other night, he stressed that they were looking for elite defense at 1st, which is the biggest reason it looks like Voits out. If you could get Matt Olsen, I think that would be the perfect addition but Rizzo, IMO isn't a bad 1B option
    rizzo would be a bad option at 17 million a year for 3 years as he is no longer the offensive star he once was..

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    At least for 1 day we get to see the Yankees in top form. Gleyber finally looking like his old self coming thru with a clutch RBI with 2 outs, makes me wonder why it took management so long to move him back to 2nd smh.

    Whether Rizzo comes back next season or not is another story but his LH make contact bat and superb defense was definitely something the Yankees were lacking.
    It took so long because Cashman didn’t want to eat crow. I would have never moved him to SS to begin with….
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    Huge win!

    Team could do some serious damage this week if they can continue their good play…

    Since moving to 2b Torres has been a new player.

    Yanks need to go for the jugular this weekend snd get the homefield back.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    It took so long because Cashman didn’t want to eat crow. I would have never moved him to SS to begin with….
    I agree, it certainly feels to me like managements ego had something to do with it.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    rizzo would be a bad option at 17 million a year for 3 years as he is no longer the offensive star he once was..
    Starting to agree…..he is good but Freeman will be better…Rizzo is what the good players were doing in the 70s and 80s before the steroid era…He aged, got injuries, aged some more and is in full decline mode…..if Rizzo played in 2000 he would have 5 more great years left!

    I’d make Freeman an offer that he can’t refuse!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Torres looks 10 times better at 2nd than he did at SS, and he looks better at the plate. Its almost like he shouldn't have ever moved from 2nd. If he starts hitting like he is capable, that lineup gets alot longer.

    When i talked to my buddy the other night, he stressed that they were looking for elite defense at 1st, which is the biggest reason it looks like Voits out. If you could get Matt Olsen, I think that would be the perfect addition but Rizzo, IMO isn't a bad 1B option
    Yes I read your post in the rumors thread, I will reply there

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,824
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I agree, it certainly feels to me like managements ego had something to do with it.
    Cashman was trying to make him the next Jeter. It didn’t work so you move on….I’d have no issue keeping Torres at 2b for the next 5-7 years….sure I wanted him traded but that was all before he was abruptly moved back to 2b…it took pressure offing the kid and now he is performing like he should.

    That was Cashman’s best move of the year!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,603
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole gave up 3 run home run sox back in the game..
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole has to pitch great tomorrow if he has another bad game the outcry by yankee fans and the media which already has been starting will get much worse...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I disagree. He has to pitch well. If he gives up 3-4 over 6-7 innings, that should be good enough for this team to win..



    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole is suppose to be a ace 3 to 4 runs in 6 to 7 innings is not good enough with this offense.. he has to have one of his a+ games like he pitched in tampa houston and in anaheim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yes, it would be nice if he was lights out and shut them out for 9.
    If he gives up 3 and the Yankees score 4, he did his job. He needs to pitch well enough for the Yankees to win. Stop with the BS of, he has to be amazing. He has to..., He has to be...
    It is not true. He has to give up fewer runs than the other pitcher..
    This aged well.

    Johnny NY? Comments?



    Ignorance is bliss

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •