Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,004
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Gotta feel for the Pelicans. You gotta wonder if that franchise will last.
    Probably after they eventually move to Seattle and become the Sonics.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,942
    can we refrain from calling zion a 'superstar'? Like, I'm not sure tubby has done much to earn the title yet

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    can we refrain from calling zion a 'superstar'? Like, I'm not sure tubby has done much to earn the title yet
    No.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Simmons for Zion
    Towns for Zion and Jonas. Let's keep the crazy trains rolling!

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Gotta feel for the Pelicans. You gotta wonder if that franchise will last.
    Let's get Bezos to build a large distribution center in New Orleans in exchange for moving the Pelicans to Seattle. New Orleans is a cool, albeit dumpy and shrinking city ill-suited for hosting an NBA team. The Smoothie King Center looks like a Soviet bomb shelter and has easily the trashiest sponsor name in the league. If you need Smoothie King to sponsor your arena, your city's economy isn't big enough to warrant having one of the NBA's 30 franchises.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Probably after they eventually move to Seattle and become the Sonics.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    can we refrain from calling zion a 'superstar'? Like, I'm not sure tubby has done much to earn the title yet
    Youíre right, tubby hasnít even played enough games to earn that tier.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Towns for Zion and Jonas. Let's keep the crazy trains rolling!


    Let's get Bezos to build a large distribution center in New Orleans in exchange for moving the Pelicans to Seattle. New Orleans is a cool, albeit dumpy and shrinking city ill-suited for hosting an NBA team. The Smoothie King Center looks like a Soviet bomb shelter and has easily the trashiest sponsor name in the league. If you need Smoothie King to sponsor your arena, your city's economy isn't big enough to warrant having one of the NBA's 30 franchises.
    All true but I still feel for them, that franchise has never caught a break.

    But Iíve always wanted a return of the SuperSonics. Maybe the Pelicans misfortune is Seatleís opportunity

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    All true but I still feel for them, that franchise has never caught a break.

    But Iíve always wanted a return of the SuperSonics. Maybe the Pelicans misfortune is Seatleís opportunity
    Never caught a break - like drafting Davis, screwing it up for years and drafting Zion right as he left? They had a difficult time during Paul's tenure, especially moving to Oklahoma City after Katrina. I guess Benson will keep the team there as long as it keeps appreciating in value. But I don't see how it can, given how New Orleans is fading. Climate change and rising oceans will have a huge impact on the value of anything there.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,935

    New Orleans, we have a problem? Unrefuted reports of Zion's dealings emerge.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post




    Youíre right, tubby hasnít even played enough games to earn that tier.
    He played a full season last year and averaged 27 and 7 on 60% from the floor at 21. Heís a star


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by ewing; 09-23-2021 at 11:15 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He played a full season last year and averaged 27 and 7 on 60% from the floor at 21. Heís a star


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He didn't seem to prevent the team from being really bad though.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Never caught a break - like drafting Davis, screwing it up for years and drafting Zion right as he left? They had a difficult time during Paul's tenure, especially moving to Oklahoma City after Katrina. I guess Benson will keep the team there as long as it keeps appreciating in value. But I don't see how it can, given how New Orleans is fading. Climate change and rising oceans will have a huge impact on the value of anything there.
    In terms of building around any of their stars and having the ability to keep them. They just a revolving door to max players out and ship them off

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He played a full season last year and averaged 27 and 7 on 60% from the floor at 21. Heís a star


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never said he wasnít a star but he needs to sustain it for a few seasons before I can say heís a super star. Canít say heís not gonna get there, heís on his way. But this is opinionated. Whatís your definition of a super star?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-23-2021 at 11:19 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,935
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He didn't seem to prevent the team from being really bad though.
    31 and 41 is bad not really bad imo and itís doesnít matter. Heís 21 with a lot of room for growth and a near all NBA player. Heís box office
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,935
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Never said he wasnít a star but he needs to sustain it for a few seasons before I can say heís a super star. Canít say heís not gonna get there, heís on his way. But this is opinionated. Whatís your definition of a super star?
    Heís not a MVP caliber player yet but he is clearly on his way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,942
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís not a MVP caliber player yet but he is clearly on his way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So long as heís healthy and keeps it up, I can see it yeah

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,004
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He didn't seem to prevent the team from being really bad though.
    He definitely doesnít strike me as a guy that makes his teammates better. Not that heís not a star or canít be a superstar thatís just not the type of player he is. Similar to Melo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •