Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I mean he's played one full season and had one of the best scoring rates of any sophomore ever. Out of curiosity what is your expectation out of a sophomore player for them to be deserving of MVP speculation in their future? Should you have to elevate your team to the playoffs by your second year in order to be in that type of conversation? If so, how many past MVP winners thrusted their team into the playoffs in their second season? Is that truly a reasonable expectation?
    Youíre right, itís very early in his career and I could be way off. I mean Nash certainly did not look anything like a league MVP his first few years in the league. I just look at young guys like Trae Young, Luka, and Morant and all are guys that clearly make their teammates better. Now Ja is not the scorer that Luka and Trae are so he may have a harder time reaching MVP level too but I just donít see Zion as that caliber of player. Again, Iím not saying Zion canít/wonít be a superstar player, just not MVP caliber. Also again, thatís just my opinion.

I think injuries will be his biggest hurdle. Him breaking his foot over the summer is probably a much bigger deal than it's been made out to be, and I could see it being a nagging presence throughout his career.

https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...468237828?s=21

Now this is how you force your way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/st...468237828?s=21

Now this is how you force your way out.

What is his playing weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bruh! he thinks he playing football lol!!!

#FreeYagyu And CSSTL

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    I mean he's played one full season and had one of the best scoring rates of any sophomore ever. Out of curiosity what is your expectation out of a sophomore player for them to be deserving of MVP speculation in their future? Should you have to elevate your team to the playoffs by your second year in order to be in that type of conversation? If so, how many past MVP winners thrusted their team into the playoffs in their second season? Is that truly a reasonable expectation?
    MVP is also kind of a weird bar to set. Like somehow that's the only level that matters. I mean legit only 7 active players have won an MVP. There's a few more that are probably MVP caliber or in the discussion, but what about someone like Lillard. He's never won MVP and I think his best finish is something like a pretty distant 4th the year Harden won.

So if Zion is like a Dame level player, is that some kind of failure? Or even to a lesser extent, if he's like a Brad Beal or Paul George type is that a failure? I get maybe those guys aren't alpha number 1s, but I think you can win a ring if you build really well around them. And considering there's like 5-7 true alpha dog, undisputed number 1s in the league at any given time at most, not every team can say it's a failure if we don't have that guy.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 10-21-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234