Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 51
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,013
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    All true but I still feel for them, that franchise has never caught a break.

    But Iíve always wanted a return of the SuperSonics. Maybe the Pelicans misfortune is Seatleís opportunity
    I hated that they lost their team. I was a huge fan of those early 90ís Sonics teams with Reign Man and the Glove. Big Smooth (Sam Perkins) was always a player I really liked too from his days with the Mavs.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He definitely doesnít strike me as a guy that makes his teammates better. Not that heís not a star or canít be a superstar thatís just not the type of player he is. Similar to Melo.
    I agree. Good guy to maybe fill the arena and possibly win some games, I just am not sold on his skill set and fit on a championship team as the best player yet. He's an awkward fit on a lot of teams.

    But I guess some people say the same thing with Trae and others so my opinion isn't worth much.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    119,598
    dumbass is ghosting his team/franchise... **** these players. What have the pelicans done to literally deserve this? why not just get rid of all teams outside of lakers/clippers/knicks/sixers/bulls/heat/dallas/celtics/pistons and call it a day? this **** is getting really stupid now

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,985
    I cant wait it see how he does against "grown men"
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yet another superstar in New Orleans is unhappy...first Anthony Davis and now Zion
    Gotta also thank them for sending Randle to NY lol

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He played a full season last year and averaged 27 and 7 on 60% from the floor at 21. Heís a star
    He's a star. He's not a superstar.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,568
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Heís not a MVP caliber player yet but he is clearly on his way.
    Unless he changes his approach to the game I doubt he'll make it.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I don't think Zion is someone you can win a title with as your best or second best player. If I was NO I would try to rape a team.
    Do it quick before they become the 6ers



    If ya ain't talkin bout Chips
    Ya ain't talkin bout ****!!!!
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I hated that they lost their team. I was a huge fan of those early 90ís Sonics teams with Reign Man and the Glove. Big Smooth (Sam Perkins) was always a player I really liked too from his days with the Mavs.
    yeah same, loved the Payton and Kemp lead sonics. I even remember Detlef Shrempf lol

    It sucks for them because they Drafted Durant and had he stayed there, he could have changed the whole future of that franchise.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Unless he changes his approach to the game I doubt he'll make it.
    it is 100% mental
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Towns for Zion and Jonas. Let's keep the crazy trains rolling!


    Let's get Bezos to build a large distribution center in New Orleans in exchange for moving the Pelicans to Seattle. New Orleans is a cool, albeit dumpy and shrinking city ill-suited for hosting an NBA team. The Smoothie King Center looks like a Soviet bomb shelter and has easily the trashiest sponsor name in the league. If you need Smoothie King to sponsor your arena, your city's economy isn't big enough to warrant having one of the NBA's 30 franchises.
    Can you please educate me on what's the difference between the Soviet bomb shelters and say the American ones? Just asking for a friend...


    PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

    a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,985

    New Orleans, we have a problem? Unrefuted reports of Zion's dealings emerge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Can you please educate me on what's the difference between the Soviet bomb shelters and say the American ones? Just asking for a friend...
    They are soullessly utilitarian. By bomb shelter is art


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-28-2021 at 08:16 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    He definitely doesnít strike me as a guy that makes his teammates better. Not that heís not a star or canít be a superstar thatís just not the type of player he is. Similar to Melo.
    He's nothing like Melo. He doesn't overdribble and jab step for half of the shot clock, and makes quick, deliberate decisions with the ball as soon as he gets it. He averaged just 3.3 seconds per touch this past season, which is second lowest in the league behind Jokic among the NBA's top 10 scorers last season. He was also near the top of the league in both scoring volume AND scoring efficiency, similar to guys like Steph and KD. Melo could never do something like this.

    I also challenge the assertion that he doesn't elevate his teammates. He averaged roughly 4 assists per game in his second season, and if you watch him play you'll immediately notice how heavily he warps the floor when he has the ball. He's out here drawing double, triple teams and making the right kick outs, more often than not. Zion's offense is already All NBA worthy, which translated to the Pelicans having roughly a top 10 offense last season. It's his defense that's the question mark at this point.

    If he stays healthy Zion has a clear MVP level path carved out for him already.
    Last edited by VCaintdead17; 09-29-2021 at 11:09 AM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    12,013
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    He's nothing like Melo. He doesn't overdribble and jab step for half of the shot clock, and makes quick, deliberate decisions with the ball as soon as he gets it. He averaged just 3.3 seconds per touch this past season, which is second lowest in the league behind Jokic among the NBA's top 10 scorers last season. He was also near the top of the league in both scoring volume AND scoring efficiency, similar to guys like Steph and KD. Melo could never do something like this.

    I also challenge the assertion that he doesn't elevate his teammates. He averaged roughly 4 assists per game in his second season, and if you watch him play you'll immediately notice how heavily he warps the floor when he has the ball. He's out here drawing double, triple teams and making the right kick outs, more often than not. Zion's offense is already All NBA worthy, which translated to the Pelicans having roughly a top 10 offense last season. It's his defense that's the question mark at this point.

    If he stays healthy Zion has a clear MVP level path carved out for him already.
    Youíre taking what I said too literal. Obviously he doesnít play like Melo. They have totally different games. I was pointing out that both have the ability to be high scoring players and the ability to reach superstar status in spite of not being a player that makes those around him better.

    I understand youíre a fan of his and Iím honestly not trying to dog him. Heís fun to watch and should have a great career as long as he can stay healthy. I just donít see him as an MVP caliber player based on what heís shown in his career so far.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Youíre taking what I said too literal. Obviously he doesnít play like Melo. They have totally different games. I was pointing out that both have the ability to be high scoring players and the ability to reach superstar status in spite of not being a player that makes those around him better.

    I understand youíre a fan of his and Iím honestly not trying to dog him. Heís fun to watch and should have a great career as long as he can stay healthy. I just donít see him as an MVP caliber player based on what heís shown in his career so far.
    I mean he's played one full season and had one of the best scoring rates of any sophomore ever. Out of curiosity what is your expectation out of a sophomore player for them to be deserving of MVP speculation in their future? Should you have to elevate your team to the playoffs by your second year in order to be in that type of conversation? If so, how many past MVP winners thrusted their team into the playoffs in their second season? Is that truly a reasonable expectation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •