Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Rosas out in Minny, Brand being eyes as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your a Wolves fan? What do you think about Edwards? Do you think the Wolves start becoming ďhis teamĒ this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imo he is the future. I would rather trade towns than edwards for example. Towns is the better player now but if we ever wanna be something legitimate it has to become edwards team over time. The second half of last year he looked like a star and he has potential to not have some flaws towns does.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Imo he is the future. I would rather trade towns than edwards for example. Towns is the better player now but if we ever wanna be something legitimate it has to become edwards team over time. The second half of last year he looked like a star and he has potential to not have some flaws towns does.

What are your thoughts on the report ownership told Gupta to "do whatever it takes to get Simmons?"

I really like Edwards. I havenít seen near enough of him but the physical tools and approach seem right on

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What are your thoughts on the report ownership told Gupta to "do whatever it takes to get Simmons?"
    You never know with the twolves.

My hope would be it means we are willing to do a pick package and risk giving up high picks (unprotected, swaps whatever it takes in that sense).

It might mean discuss a player we previously hadnít really wanted to offer, even if it means trading towns friend (Russell). Mcdaniels is a guy maybe we hadnít been offering in 3 team deals but now can send all our youth would be another example any of them otb.

The fear would be it means moving edwards I guess.

I really like Edwards. I havenít seen near enough of him but the physical tools and approach seem right on

Ya he seems to have the tools and he grew a lot last season on the court. Seems like he cut out a lot of bad shots and possessions. The ability to learn like that along with those tools is why he feels like the future.

You never know with the twolves.

My hope would be it means we are willing to do a pick package and risk giving up high picks (unprotected, swaps whatever it takes in that sense).

It might mean discuss a player we previously hadnít really wanted to offer, even if it means trading towns friend (Russell). Mcdaniels is a guy maybe we hadnít been offering in 3 team deals but now can send all our youth would be another example any of them otb.

The fear would be it means moving edwards I guess.

Well I mean, a pick package won't work alone because of salaries. D'Lo and Beasley work salary wise. I've read some reports that they are open to moving D'Lo now to get it done and it's because it sounds like KAT is valuing winning over friendship.

Well I mean, a pick package won't work alone because of salaries. D'Lo and Beasley work salary wise. I've read some reports that they are open to moving D'Lo now to get it done and it's because it sounds like KAT is valuing winning over friendship.
    I mean a pick package plus what has always been rumored to be available in Beasley+some youth+what is now either Prince or Beverly. So like Beasley+Prince+Nowell+Okogie+3 picks and 2 swaps or something with a 3rd team likely involved that wants future picks.

I could see it being Russell/Beasley now but it hurts the fit with Simmons once here. That's most of our floor spacing outside KAT, Edwards and Mcdaniels are more passable than good. I could see that being the all in type move for him possibly still.

Elton Brand? I would think there are better options lol.

I mean a pick package plus what has always been rumored to be available in Beasley+some youth+what is now either Prince or Beverly. So like Beasley+Prince+Nowell+Okogie+3 picks and 2 swaps or something with a 3rd team likely involved that wants future picks.

I could see it being Russell/Beasley now but it hurts the fit with Simmons once here. That's most of our floor spacing outside KAT, Edwards and Mcdaniels are more passable than good. I could see that being the all in type move for him possibly still.
    If you had to take out Nowell and a pick to add McDaniels to get a deal done would you?

Reason I ask is I think we would be able to flip picks, McDaniels, Okogie, and some of our own stuff for a ball handler. Iím not in front of my computer to play with a trade machine to fully do something but I was thinking to Toronto with Thybulle for FVV.

So I know this sounds REALLY big, but most of it is moving money around, pulls in a 4th team to really work it hard on the financials and to appease a player:

Sixers out: Ben Simmons, 2022 2nd, 2024 2nd
    Sixers in: Malik Beasley, Fred VanVleet, Tyrell Terry (money matching), 2023 T'Wolves swap (higher), 2025 T'Wolves swap (higher), 2026 T'Wolves 1st

Raptors out: Fred VanVleet, Goran Dragic
    Raptors in: Patrick Beverly, Taurean Prince, Josh Okogie, Jaylen Nowell, 2022 T'Wolves 1st (top 5 protected), 2024 T'Wolves 1st (top 5 protected), 2022 Sixers 2nd, 2024 Sixers 2nd

T'Wolves out: Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, Patrick Beverley, Josh Okogie, Jalen Nowell, 2022 top 5 protected 1st, 2023 swap Sixers (lower), 2024 top 5 protect 1st, 2025 swap Sixers (lower), 2026 1st unprotected
    T'Wolves in: Ben Simmons, Dwight Powell, Sheldon Brown (money matching)

Mavs out: Dwight Powell, Sheldon Brown, Tyrell Terry
    Mavs in: Goran Dragic

Sixers get the win now package they are looking for, 2 swaps, and a pick far enough out it is usable in trades. Raptors get a package with two guys they can move at the deadline if they choose, they get two young guys they can develop, and a bunch of picks. T'Wolves don't touch the core at all, give up picks that mostly shouldn't matter, and get the guy they want along with a backup 5. Mavs move out contracts for a guy they want and wants to be there.

A smaller deal with a team that's been rumored to want to move some guys, sounding like they want some salary reset in this:

Sixers out: Ben Simmons
    Sixers in: Patrick Beverley, Dillon Brooks, Josh Okogie, 2022 T'Wolves (top 10 protected), 2025 T'Wolves Swap (higher), 2026 T'Wolves (unprotected)

Grizzlies out: Dillon Brooks, Kyle Anderson, Kris Dunn
    Grizzlies in: Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, Jalen Nowell, 2023 T'Wolves Swap (highest), 2024 T'Wolves (top 10 protected)

T'Wolves out: Patrick Beverley, Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, Jaylen Nowell, Josh Okogie, 2022 1st (top 10 protected), 2023 Griz Swap (Highest), 2024 1st (top 10 protected), 2025 Sixers Swap (Highest), 2026 1st (unprotected)
    T'Wolves in: Ben Simmons, Kyle Anderson, Kris Dunn

Honestly, I actually really like this deal for all sides a bit more than the one above. The Sixers keep some defense going in Beverley, get a wing playmaker in Brooks, get a potential bench spark plug in Okogie, a pick for the upcoming year to help with move flexibility, and future picks to move about. The Grizzlies get some of that salary reset with Beasley, get the "middle picks" for when Morant will be needing an extension, and get a guy they can keep or move at the deadline in Prince. The T'Wolves get their guy, get some positional flexibility with Anderson, and a bench defender in Dunn. They don't give up much meaningful and replaced the starters they lost, and protections on all but one pick allows things to go south without killing them.

Sixers Lineup:
    Beverley
    Curry
    Green
    Harris
    Embiid
    Bench: Milton, Maxey, Brooks, Okogie, Drummond, Niang, Korkmaz

Grizzlies lineup:
    Morant
    Beasley
    Prince
    Jackson Jr
    Adams
    Bench: Jones, Clarke, Bane, Tillman, Nowell

T'Wolves lineup:
    Russell
    Edwards
    Anderson
    Simmons
    Anthony-Towns
    Bench: McDaniels, Dunn, Reid, Vanderbilt, McLaughlin

If you had to take out Nowell and a pick to add McDaniels to get a deal done would you?

Reason I ask is I think we would be able to flip picks, McDaniels, Okogie, and some of our own stuff for a ball handler. Iím not in front of my computer to play with a trade machine to fully do something but I was thinking to Toronto with Thybulle for FVV.

Ya I feel like we would probably do that. I like mcdaniels a lot as a future 3/d type but heís likely available in a Simmons trade.

I think that another team for a pg for you makes sense if it can be pulled off using pieces.

Ya I feel like we would probably do that. I like mcdaniels a lot as a future 3/d type but heís likely available in a Simmons trade.

I think that another team for a pg for you makes sense if it can be pulled off using pieces.

Definitely. A good point was brought up that the Sixers donít need to do a follow up move right away. They can hold all these assets until the trade deadline and still be good enough to be solid in the standings. Maybe at that point a star wants out and you take some combo of youth (Okogie, McDaniels, Maxey, Thybulle, Springer, Reed) mused with picks (your own and other teams) and just overload the other team with a diverse set of assets for a rebuild.

I think McDaniels is definitely a guy they could include too but I was impressed with the little I saw of him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think the biggest thing about Edwards is his personality. He has the drive to be great. I can't really put it into words but he has the "it" personality to become a superstar.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123