Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't understand why they wouldn't just give the role to Gupta. Everything I've ever heard about the guy has been about how respected he is as a basketball mind, and Morey has praised him in the past for his help in establishing the Harden-era Rockets. If I'm Minnesota, I'd MUCH rather have him making the basketball decisions for my franchise over Brand.
    Trust me, all Wolves fans hope it's the case. I want nothing to do with Brand.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Trust me, all Wolves fans hope it's the case. I want nothing to do with Brand.
    I wanna get your feelings on this theory I heard:

The theory goes that the new ownership desperately wants Ben Simmons; and while what Rosas did isnít great by any means, this is more about an excuse to fire him for not doing what it takes for Simmons. The guy continued the theory that the two names that came up, Brand/Gupta, are two guys with strong ties to the Sixers (one obviously being the current GM) who can get something done with Morey due to that tie.

Iím not saying I buy it, but sheesh it isnít out of the realm of possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"scene kissing" ... dude needs an editor ... or were they cosplaying at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The theory goes that the new ownership desperately wants Ben Simmons; and while what Rosas did isnít great by any means, this is more about an excuse to fire him for not doing what it takes for Simmons. The guy continued the theory that the two names that came up, Brand/Gupta, are two guys with strong ties to the Sixers (one obviously being the current GM) who can get something done with Morey due to that tie.

Why do they need the excuse?

Maybe it's just a sly diversion to convince Brand to ask Morey to ease up on trade restrictions. A wink wink deal to try and get him to help them.

It's a theory, but I am not sure if him getting fired improves or lowers the chances of the trade. I think there was a real struggle brewing between Rosas and Gupta in the front office and Gupta won. If everything was kumbaya, this "transgression" would be swept under the rug. I am in the camp that I like the current roster and while Simmons would definitely improve it, I am not sure I vastly prefer Simmons over D'lo. Now if you could somehow get the former and keep the later?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Per Woj:

Minnesota Timberwolves EVP of Basketball Operations Sachin Gupta is expected to be promoted to the franchise's interim head of basketball operations, sources tell ESPN. The Timberwolves are planning to conduct a broader search to find a permanent replacement for Gersson Rosas.

Gupta developed ESPNs trade machine and has worked under Hinkie and Morey. [emoji848][emoji848]

Here's hoping he works out. Because if you're bringing in Brand, you might as well call and see if Kahn's available.
    That said, Minnesota should be an attractive situation. Russell's apparently looking good in practices and still has a lot of potential. Beasley's a reliable young volume shooter. Edwards apparently grew a couple inches and could slot in at small forward. They've got several athletic options at power forward, McDaniels being my favorite. And then you have Towns, who while weak AF on defense is elite on the other end.

Wolves offense actually looked potent as hell last year when everyone was healthy. Some really encouraging signs shown with D'lo/Ant/KAT lineups. I think it's partially due to Finch coming in and utilizing KAT's passing ability in more spoke and wheel sets. Dude is a psychotically good scorer, but is an underrated passer as well. Edwards showing out the way he did post all star break (24 ppg on 58% TS) was also great to see.

Whoever comes in to replace Rosas should almost certainly let things play out as is with their current trio. If everyone is healthy their offense might be enough to push them into the play-in.

From what I have seen Rosas was one of the ones pushing for Simmons.

I don't think this should really change much though for us. We should still be trying any way possible to keep the core and add Simmons. Edwards/KAT should be off the table. Russell has always made the most on court sense but seems dependent on relationship with KAT etc. on if would be willing to include. Maybe that is where Rosas held back but someone else may be willing to risk mixing it up? Or maybe he was willing to move him and next one wont be? Who knows for sure but I doubt it will change too much for our interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    Wolves offense actually looked potent as hell last year when everyone was healthy. Some really encouraging signs shown with D'lo/Ant/KAT lineups. I think it's partially due to Finch coming in and utilizing KAT's passing ability in more spoke and wheel sets. Dude is a psychotically good scorer, but is an underrated passer as well. Edwards showing out the way he did post all star break (24 ppg on 58% TS) was also great to see.

Whoever comes in to replace Rosas should almost certainly let things play out as is with their current trio. If everyone is healthy their offense might be enough to push them into the play-in.
    Let's not forget Beasley, who can score around 20 a game while shooting 40% from three and is only 24. I'd say he's just as important as Edwards at this point, although Edwards has shown more on defense.

We fired Rosas because he got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. So we are gunning for the best in the business, Elton Brand we believe that is that man that will bring us back to prominence lmao.

Iím sorry but wtf is wrong with the Twolves? I consider Brand bottom of the barrel where GMs are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We fired Rosas because he got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. So we are gunning for the best in the business, Elton Brand we believe that is that man that will bring us back to prominence lmao.

Iím sorry but wtf is wrong with the Twolves? I consider Brand bottom of the barrel where GMs are concerned.
    Your a Wolves fan? What do you think about Edwards? Do you think the Wolves start becoming ďhis teamĒ this year?

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post

They could use Beasley and Beverlys contract along with first round draft picks to try to make a play for a 4th banana
    Last edited by TrueFan420; 09-25-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your a Wolves fan? What do you think about Edwards? Do you think the Wolves start becoming ďhis teamĒ this year?

Im not a wolves fan. Im just wondering wtf they are thinking by coveting someone like Brand.

I like Edwards, I think he had a pretty decent rookie campaign and I think he will be a good player. I even had him as a lock for ROY before Melo came back from injury. But to answer your question I think its Towns team for as long as he is there.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-25-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast