Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    i mean, it just makes sense. MIA would be Rodgers last contract, and I'm sure Ross would pay the man. I'd take Adams as well in lue of Fuller (FA at season's end). But that doesn't exactly fix the OL lol. But yeah, depending what happens with Watson, I can see MIA going all in on Rodgers and just trying to stack the defense like the Bucs did.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    i mean, it just makes sense. MIA would be Rodgers last contract, and I'm sure Ross would pay the man. I'd take Adams as well in lue of Fuller (FA at season's end). But that doesn't exactly fix the OL lol. But yeah, depending what happens with Watson, I can see MIA going all in on Rodgers and just trying to stack the defense like the Bucs did.
    With either of them, you just immediately invest in a vet and draft another one. We have ways to open up close to $90mil in cap space next offseason. You can easily get one of those QBs and invest in other spots.

Of course Iím just talking out my *** and Rodgers hasnít been connected to Miami at all, but it really just feels like Tua wonít be the guy next year. It sucks, but heís going to be compared to Herbert and Ross isnít going to be patient anymore. I donít think he forces them to make band aid fixes like they did under Gase, but it seems like heíll make a move at QB and then do what you can to sure up some spots.

Better fix the line or Rodgers would likely go to one of his other suitors.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Literally no one is saying Noah and AJ are fine. Weíre just saying that the draft isnít solely on those two players.
    Oh please, just stop. Are you really going to sit here and tell me that you guys HAVEN'T been saying to be patient with these guys for various excuses for literally over a year now? C'mon....

I'm the one on the receiving end of these conversations, just man up and say you're wrong about these players. There's nothing wrong with cheering for draft picks, even if someone (raises hand) hated them and panned them hard when they were drafted. But don't pretend you didn't preach patience and improvement and how these players are all still very young. Even this summer people here have been telling me how Noah just needs more time and CBs take longer to adjust and how AJ is still just a raw player learning. Ok... Then why did we waste two high draft picks on these guys then?

Just face facts, it's easier this way... This team can't draft worth a damn and if a good drafting team like Baltimore or KC had this many draft picks, they'd be churning out all pros with this many bullets. I mean, **** guys, I can't believe I even have to argue this... There's a reason we haven't won a playoff game in 20 years and it's not due to good drafts. But like usual, the excuses will be plenty and in two years, it'll be the same old conversations and all sorts of reasons why our picks never work out but contenders somehow always end up with stars. I'm sure I'll be told then "Stay, no one said these guys were going to be very good...."

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Oh please, just stop. Are you really going to sit here and tell me that you guys HAVEN'T been saying to be patient with these guys for various excuses for literally over a year now? C'mon....

I'm the one on the receiving end of these conversations, just man up and say you're wrong about these players. There's nothing wrong with cheering for draft picks, even if someone (raises hand) hated them and panned them hard when they were drafted. But don't pretend you didn't preach patience and improvement and how these players are all still very young. Even this summer people here have been telling me how Noah just needs more time and CBs take longer to adjust and how AJ is still just a raw player learning. Ok... Then why did we waste two high draft picks on these guys then?

Just face facts, it's easier this way... This team can't draft worth a damn and if a good drafting team like Baltimore or KC had this many draft picks, they'd be churning out all pros with this many bullets. I mean, **** guys, I can't believe I even have to argue this... There's a reason we haven't won a playoff game in 20 years and it's not due to good drafts. But like usual, the excuses will be plenty and in two years, it'll be the same old conversations and all sorts of reasons why our picks never work out but contenders somehow always end up with stars. I'm sure I'll be told then "Stay, no one said these guys were going to be very good...."
    the recent 1st rd picks are pretty questionable for sure, but Grier does hit relatively well on 2nd - 4th rd guys. Not saying thats good, cause you need your 1st rd picks to be studs. Like 2020, I would have been happy with Jeff Okudah at #5 . . . and he's stunk and been hurt. Will he live up to the #3 pick? highly doubtful. I will agree that so far, Grier has struck out on Wilkins (good rotational DL piece for sure, but not a star or PB caliber player), Jackson (yeah still super young and all, but not really an adequate starting LT), and Iggy (not even being active on game days says it all).

Waddle actually has star potential, as does Tua to be honest. I'm not ready to give up on Tua yet, but if he struggles this year, it's game over.

Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post

I have no idea how you took all of this from what Iíve said.

Again, no one is happy with where Jackson and Noah are at. I didnít like the Jackson pick when we took him, but I was in love with Noah at the time. Iíve openly admitted how wrong I was and have consistently criticized Grier for the move when there were multiple spots we could have used over another CB.

Literally all Iím saying is that 1. You keep saying all these drafts are bad when in reality they are perfectly average. Not every draft class is the 2016 Saints. But you continue to use those two players specifically as a reason for failure, while ignoring the other two picks. Yes, you obviously want the higher picked players to be better, but they rarely are.

And 2. While no one is happy with either player, it is stupid to throw both away after 1 season. Do I think both will improve dramatically? **** no. But you donít just give up on them like that. The team knew both would be incredibly raw when they drafted them, and they should be criticized for that, but they were never taken with the intention to be immediate plug and play players. Again, thatís the reason weíre in this spot now, but itís just two players out of 20ish total players added the last few years.

I donít understand why you continue to pick and choose what weíre saying. Iíve been the most critical person of this team for years, but the moment I actually preach patience Iím an idiot selling hopes and dreams. God this must be what Omar feels like with this fanbase.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-29-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    the recent 1st rd picks are pretty questionable for sure, but Grier does hit relatively well on 2nd - 4th rd guys. Not saying thats good, cause you need your 1st rd picks to be studs. Like 2020, I would have been happy with Jeff Okudah at #5 . . . and he's stunk and been hurt. Will he live up to the #3 pick? highly doubtful. I will agree that so far, Grier has struck out on Wilkins (good rotational DL piece for sure, but not a star or PB caliber player), Jackson (yeah still super young and all, but not really an adequate starting LT), and Iggy (not even being active on game days says it all).

Waddle actually has star potential, as does Tua to be honest. I'm not ready to give up on Tua yet, but if he struggles this year, it's game over.
    I am not sure Tua has star potential. I just don't see it. He could be a star like Drew Brees became a star, but the physical attributes to me don't scream potential to be a star. I think more than likely Tua is closer to Andy Dalton quality than he is star quality.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011