Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    To add to the depression, our pick is currently projected to be top 10. Meanwhile the 49ers pick is projected to be 30th.
    SF plays 4 divisional games in the next 4-5 weeks I think, so they could end up with the same record, or worse, than the Phins after week 8. Their division is rough, and even if they do have a winning record, they could end up missing the playoffs, which would net us a pick in the top 20.

Literally no one is saying Noah and AJ are fine. Weíre just saying that the draft isnít solely on those two players.

The reason I still think we can finish with a solid record is because of Tua. I donít know if he is a top 15 QB, but heís a lot better than Brissett. I donít know if he wins that game yesterday, I lean towards yes, but itís because he wouldnít have had 79 yards of passing through 3 QTRs.

Win next week and weíre in the exact same situation as last year. This team has historically been a slow starter under Flores. Iím incredibly down right now, but Iím willing to give Flores a shot through the year.

But if this team looks like this all year, itís time to start over again.
    Flo and Grier are tied together right now . . . they're a package deal. If we decide to move on from Flo after this year, have to move on from Grier as well, and vice versa. I really think Flo is a great coach. He is a defensive minded coach, which is my personal preference in the long run. But his offensive staff sucks. That's totally on him. but we're not going to get a really good external OC candidate cause Flo loves to fire his staff.

Does Tua win yesterday? meh, i'm not sure. but the OL was a little better off than the previous two weeks. I just hope hey figure out that Gesicki can help win football games . . . cause his under usage is driving me insane lol

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    The OL was okay, but they allowed a lot of pressures on Brissett. Weird that Brown started the game, and we were doing alright, and then they went away from him and straight to Gaskin. I found that kind of weird.

I agree Gesicki was so severely under-utilized . . . it's really embarrassing how talented he is and how much he just sits on the bench or runs dumb routes. The play where he was wide open up the seam . . . that play has to be scrutinized by this coaching staff and played on repeat for the QB room. For them to finally make adjustments in the 4th Q is beyond dumb. I loathe both OCs right now. they suck. Just trade him already. He's clearly not in this team's plans this year, nor in the future.
    Yea I felt like the Brown usage was weird. He was playing well early. I feel like they just rely on Gaskin once they feel like the passing game isnít working since you trust him to create more on the dump offs. I honestly would have preferred seeing more of Brown throughout, even though the Raiders did start to sell out.

Brissett said after the game that they just took what the offense gave them, which is the problem with this offense. Teams are going to start baiting the Dolphins into bad handoffs on RPOs or taking the underneath stuff. At some point you have to just take shots, like Brissett started to do late in the game. Thatís what I feel will be different. Tua started to attempt more deep shots against NE, so I believe weíll start to see the offense open up more when heís back.

I thought the reason Brown started was obvious. Gaskin and Ahmed can't pass protect. The problem is Brown isn't a very good runner. Add to that none of the three are very good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Flo and Grier are tied together right now . . . they're a package deal. If we decide to move on from Flo after this year, have to move on from Grier as well, and vice versa. I really think Flo is a great coach. He is a defensive minded coach, which is my personal preference in the long run. But his offensive staff sucks. That's totally on him. but we're not going to get a really good external OC candidate cause Flo loves to fire his staff.

Does Tua win yesterday? meh, i'm not sure. but the OL was a little better off than the previous two weeks. I just hope hey figure out that Gesicki can help win football games . . . cause his under usage is driving me insane lol
    Oh you 100% cut both off. The biggest issue on both sides is that Flores wants to always go super young and build with his guys in the coaching staff, and Grier has been here for 20 years with I assume a lot of the same scouts. Marvin Allen is a well respected evaluator, but you really need some new blood in that scouting department.

I think Frier and Flores are both perfectly average right now. Flores has been able to overachieve, but he really hasnít fixed anything on the team outside of the secondary. Literally since heís got here the run D is bad, and the offense is consistently bottom of the NFL. Iím not willing to say Flores is a good coach until he actually fixes some of these issues. Last year you could hang your hat on player development as a strength, but with all of this regression Iím not sure if you can anymore.

Problem is that Ross was super high on Dennis Allen from the Saints when we hired Flo. So even if we fire Flo, I expect Ross to look at someone like him instead of an up and comer like Daboll or Bienemy.

Oh you 100% cut both off. The biggest issue on both sides is that Flores wants to always go super young and build with his guys in the coaching staff, and Grier has been here for 20 years with I assume a lot of the same scouts. Marvin Allen is a well respected evaluator, but you really need some new blood in that scouting department.

I think Frier and Flores are both perfectly average right now. Flores has been able to overachieve, but he really hasnít fixed anything on the team outside of the secondary. Literally since heís got here the run D is bad, and the offense is consistently bottom of the NFL. Iím not willing to say Flores is a good coach until he actually fixes some of these issues. Last year you could hang your hat on player development as a strength, but with all of this regression Iím not sure if you can anymore.

Problem is that Ross was super high on Dennis Allen from the Saints when we hired Flo. So even if we fire Flo, I expect Ross to look at someone like him instead of an up and comer like Daboll or Bienemy.
    Daboll as a HC scares the jeepers out of me. I just see 'fail' written on him as a HC for some reason. Like Matt Nagy-esque. But this was supposed to be the last year of this rebuild. It was supposed to take 3 years. Flo and Grier will both be back next year, but I do want a new, fresh offensive coordinator. I'd be shocked if they don't promote Frye next year (depending how Tua progresses).

And I'm also fully convinced if Tua doesn't light **** up when he comes back, then Watson to MIA is a done deal . . . like etch it in concrete type of done deal. Watson wants it. Ross wants it. Grier and Flo probably want it too. and if Watson comes, then my guess is we can get some vets to come on cheaper deals (like they did with NE and Brady all those years).
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 09-27-2021 at 03:08 PM.

I feel like Brissett did a lot of good moving in the pocket before passing. I think Tua will be a better passer but I wonder if he could manipulate in the pocket as well as Brissett did, or does he just run backwards away from pressure, which may result in sacks anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I feel like Brissett did a lot of good moving in the pocket before passing. I think Tua will be a better passer but I wonder if he could manipulate in the pocket as well as Brissett did, or does he just run backwards away from pressure, which may result in sacks anyway?
    he can't really step up too much cause of his height imo. he would have to either back pedal, or move outside the pocket.

Man PFF gave Jermaine Eluemunor Olineman grade for the Raiders and said he was the only lineman not to give up a pressure.

He played great in NE last year as well. No idea why we just let him go when he had been performing well in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    I have no idea what you guys are watching because Brissett actively ran into pressure plenty of times and Tua is known for his pocket presence.

Tua does subtle things in the pocket which is what made him a special prospect. Heís incredible at making free rushers miss and stepping up in the pocket. The difference between him and Brissett is interior pressure. Those strong pocket passers always struggle with interior pressure, and when you add how short Tua is then interior pressure is an even bigger issue. He doesnít have the mobility escape consistently outside of that. But if you just have an edge rusher that runs up the field, or someone that Tua recognizes is coming free pre snap, he will make them miss so much more consistently than Brissett.

The best thing Brissett did was use his strength to break some arm tackles or when defenders had a hand on him.

I want Tua to play so we can better decide if its him or someone else going forward. We can't do that if he is on the IR. I am hoping Tua is not a injury prone player. His injury history already has me concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I want Tua to play so we can better decide if its him or someone else going forward. We can't do that if he is on the IR. I am hoping Tua is not a injury prone player. His injury history already has me concerned.
    I mean letís be honest, does anyone else really feel like someone other than Watson will be the QB next season? It just feels inevitable right?

Im the biggest Tua fan on this board. But Iím not going to be unrealistic. Thereís just so much doubt in EVERYONES mind that itís hard to see him playing well enough to squash all of it.

This season already has so many weird things going on, that unless they have another miraculous run and Tua starts going for 300 and 3 TDs every week, I donít see a world where Watson isnít the QB next year. Ross is tired of losing and has a rare opportunity to add a top 5 QB to his team. If the team doesnít turn it around and start to look like a true contender heíll force the move.

At this point I think the only thing that stops us from trading for Watson is him being convicted on all of these allegations or Tua absolutely burying all of the doubt. He canít just be good. He has to be great IMMEDIATELY. Because Herbert is already a top QB and this roster has too much talent to not be winning.

I mean letís be honest, does anyone else really feel like someone other than Watson will be the QB next season? It just feels inevitable right?

Im the biggest Tua fan on this board. But Iím not going to be unrealistic. Thereís just so much doubt in EVERYONES mind that itís hard to see him playing well enough to squash all of it.

This season already has so many weird things going on, that unless they have another miraculous run and Tua starts going for 300 and 3 TDs every week, I donít see a world where Watson isnít the QB next year. Ross is tired of losing and has a rare opportunity to add a top 5 QB to his team. If the team doesnít turn it around and start to look like a true contender heíll force the move.

At this point I think the only thing that stops us from trading for Watson is him being convicted on all of these allegations or Tua absolutely burying all of the doubt. He canít just be good. He has to be great IMMEDIATELY. Because Herbert is already a top QB and this roster has too much talent to not be winning.
    I'm with you, I hope Tua clearly progresses and shows he can lead a team in the NFL. But if he doesn't, I agree, it's almost inevitable that Watson is a Dolphin. Think about that for a minute . . . AFCE would have two top 5 QBs in Allen and Watson, and none would be on the Pats lol. The Pats would be playing 3rd or 4th fiddle for the next 10 years, and it would be like the 90's with the Phins and Bills battling for the division every year. But I can also see Rodgers being a possibility if Grier and Flo want to save draft assets and just spend cash.

I really, really, really hope Tua goes crazy when he comes back and goes for 250-270 every game, with something like a 2.5-3.0:1 TD/INT ratio. I want Tua to be the franchise as well. But I agree, I cannot sit back and just be a Tua-stan.

Yea I can easily see Ross pushing for Rodgers as well if the Watson situation gets muddy. Pair a young team with a vet like him and Adams for their little honeymoon tour. With Stafford looking good in LA I could easily see Ross going all in on a quick 2-3 year run for a super bowl.

Yea I can easily see Ross pushing for Rodgers as well if the Watson situation gets muddy. Pair a young team with a vet like him and Adams for their little honeymoon tour. With Stafford looking good in LA I could easily see Ross going all in on a quick 2-3 year run for a super bowl.
    Jesus. That as a backup plan incase Watson's situation gets uglier sounds fantastic.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast