Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Week 3: Miami Dolphins (1-1) @ Las Vegas Raiders (2-0)

Posting this now as Flo just announced that Tua did actually suffer fractured ribs and is out this week. He is now listed as week to week.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

It doesn't matter who is back there at this point, cause they are going to get beaten up. I think this game will be closer than BUF, and I honestly don't know who will win. MIA has the better overall defense, but LV has the better QB. Waller feasted last year, and he might again this year unless we just put X on him all game. Our offense now has speed in Waddle and Fuller, so I can see that playing in our favor against their secondary. It's a coin flip for me.

If they donít place Tua on IR, then of course it points that Tua wonít be out long. But the next three games are huge for this team. Thereís a very real chance that they go 1-4 with or without Tua.

I donít think the team will rush him back until he feels better, but unless heís coming back next week Iíd just throw him on IR. You donít need to throw him out there against that Bucs D with a flack jacket on.

When Brees fractured his ribs he was out 4 weeks, but that was with 11 broken ribs. According to ProFootballDoc, ribs start to heal around 2-3 weeks and if you have multiple fractures itís hard to secure it in time for a game. Could take multiple injections, requires multiples spots of padding, and even with a jacket thereís risk of lung puncture with a second hit.

So I doubt we see Tua until Jacksonville.

This season has taken a real *** bummer turn early on. Hopefully we can snag a win or two and keep ourselves competitive enough for when Tua comes back. 1-4 would require an incredible stretch of play to reach the playoffs.

Brissett can win games. He's not going to be a world beater, but he is good enough to keep a team competitive for sure. And he has a stronger arm than Tua, so that could play into Fuller's skillset more. Just have to max-protect (which sucks). But I would run at these pass-rushers on LV. design plays to make their impact very minimal by running right at them. Gaskin should have close to 20 touches for MIA to win . . . need to run him and use him in passing downs.

Make a LBer cover Gaskin, and send Waddle and/or Fuller deep to keep the safeties back a bit, and just chew the crap out of the middle of the field with Parker/Waddle/Gesicki. I believe LV employs a cover-3 defense? If that's the case, OWN THE MIDDLE!!!

A win is not out of the realm of possibility here with Brissett. Just have to play smart on offense (no turnovers, better OL execution), and tough on defense (don't let Waller beat you).

Tua needs to sit until he is fully healed. Because this line is still going to give up QB hits, a lot of them. I'm fine with Tua sitting for 4-6 weeks if need be. It's not like Tua is going to win us a game single handed. Brissett can win games. But our defense was always going to be the catalyst to wins. The defense has to step up big time now and do it's job.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 09-22-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Fun fact: according to ESPNStats Brissett has the 5th longest time to throw over his starts the last 5 years. That obviously leads to more pressures where has the 6th highest pressure rate over that timeframe.

The next two games are winnable. I think the Raiders will be good this year but Iím still a little hesitant that theyíre this good. And Indy has been a mess so far. But both are tough and competitive.

You need the defense to play like they did against the Rams and Chargers last year. Also need these playmakers to show up. DVP canít drop that TD pass.

NFL Network is saying Tua will be out 1-3 games. Flo did mention that Tua wanted to play this week and that they basically had to save him from himself.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    NFL Network is saying Tua will be out 1-3 games. Flo did mention that Tua wanted to play this week and that they basically had to save him from himself.
    the kid has the right mentality to be a starting QB in the NFL, there is no doubting that. His frame was always going to be a concern. I'd be shocked if we didn't make a trade for a starting caliber OL prior to the deadline.

I'm not going to be surprised if Brissett leads this team to a couple victories while Tua is out. This game is winnable. have to mitigate their pass-rush and get a running game going. Score some points and win the time of possession to keep Carr and Waller off the field. I think Fuller and Waddle on the field together are going to cause some major problems for LV secondary. Brissett has the arm talent to beat them deep if he gets time.
    Last edited by CeltBruinSoxFan; 09-23-2021 at 11:56 AM.

See I just donít see some magical reinforcements coming into the team. Even the Greg Little trade was the typical buy low on a young guy move theyíve made.

This team would rather flame out with young players than spend money on stop gaps unless theyíre from NE.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    See I just donít see some magical reinforcements coming into the team. Even the Greg Little trade was the typical buy low on a young guy move theyíve made.

This team would rather flame out with young players than spend money on stop gaps unless theyíre from NE.
    Damn acorns!
    I wonder what it would take to get that OT coming back in a couple of weeks for Detroit. Taylor Decker?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Damn acorns!
    I wonder what it would take to get that OT coming back in a couple of weeks for Detroit. Taylor Decker?
    Decker would be a great option, but Iím sure Detroit wants a good trade for him AND it would require Miami giving up on Jackson which I just donít see happening. For comparison, Seattle gave up a 3rd and a 2nd the following year for Duane Brown who was 5 years older than Decker is right now.

Best youíll get is Okung as a FA.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 09-23-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Decker would be nice, but at what price? Not only are we giving up a prime draft pick, but we're also committing to an average of $18M cap hit for the next three years. If they do that, then they are fully committing to Tua imo. Cause I'm not sure an $18M LT (Decker) and a $40M QB (Watson?) is the best financial investment. And he's coming off an injury too. I'm not a fan at this point.

I want to see what they do with this OL for the next couple of weeks. If Jackson struggles again this week, time to bench him. He cannot be moved inside. I'd rather have Kindley than Jackson at LG. I would start practicing Little at RT immediately, and have Eichenberg start taking reps at both RT and LT, not LG.

This week I'd be rolling out Jackson-Davis-Deiter-Hunt-Eichenberg

Thanks guys, I was just wondering. True, it might be a bad move long term. AJ isn't done yet. He just needs more help near him to not get so badly exposed maybe. Plus, it looked like some of the issue last week was line calls and lack of blitz protection in the backfield as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Decker would be nice, but at what price? Not only are we giving up a prime draft pick, but we're also committing to an average of $18M cap hit for the next three years. If they do that, then they are fully committing to Tua imo. Cause I'm not sure an $18M LT (Decker) and a $40M QB (Watson?) is the best financial investment. And he's coming off an injury too. I'm not a fan at this point.

I want to see what they do with this OL for the next couple of weeks. If Jackson struggles again this week, time to bench him. He cannot be moved inside. I'd rather have Kindley than Jackson at LG. I would start practicing Little at RT immediately, and have Eichenberg start taking reps at both RT and LT, not LG.

This week I'd be rolling out Jackson-Davis-Deiter-Hunt-Eichenberg
    Again youíre worrying way too much about the cap space. The Saints had the worst cap situation Iíve ever seen and they havenít lost anyone substantial.

Yeah the cap is pretty moldable and we have alot of room next year.

Also his cap hits if traded if im not wrong are 1M this year and then 15M, 13.9M, 13.7M

Dolphins officially place Tua on IR. Heís expected to be out for 3 weeks.

This means the earliest he can come back is the Jags game. Absolutely sucks, but at least it gives us time to figure out this Oline against a murders row of pass rushers.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast