Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Will Stanton break Barry Bonds Home run records?

Most home runs in a season and most home runs overall? What are the chances he breaks Barry's records?

No to both

If he had stayed healthy the last 2 years he'd be up around 400 (likely well over) now though, at just 31 years old. 600 would be a possibility with obviously 500 being a lock barring catastrophe.

But as it is (342) I could see him getting up around 550-600 or so. Depends how long he wants to play.

He ain't hitting 74 HR in a season. Take that to the bank.

He'd have to average 50 HR's over the next 9 years in order to have a shot. That's not happening.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    No to both

If he had stayed healthy the last 2 years he'd be up around 400 (likely well over) now though, at just 31 years old. 600 would be a possibility with obviously 500 being a lock barring catastrophe.

But as it is (342) I could see him getting up around 550-600 or so. Depends how long he wants to play.

Yeah, he's not getting either. Maybe he get get the single-season if he got traded to Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Yeah, he's not getting either. Maybe he get get the single-season if he got traded to Colorado.
    and they moved home plate to 2b to help make up for his inevitable injuries.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    No to both

I think moving forwards many players will flirt with 60, but it took Roids to get to 70+.

In order for 70+ home Runs to be possible sans PEDs, a player probably has to have the power of a Stanton mixed with having a .400 batting average type season.

That's, extremely unlikely.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Nope. Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    and they moved home plate to 2b to help make up for his inevitable injuries.
    If we have the DH by that point maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    If we have the DH by that point maybe not.
    ok, 2b the new home plate and universal DH.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

This is a joke right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanton is currently finishing up his age 31 season, and has 343 HRs.

In Bonds' age 31 season, he was on 334 HR. Weirdly, it works out perfectly that Bonds has 11 seasons before and 11 after his age 31 season, so we're able to split in in half.

For the second 11 seasons of his career, Bonds hit 428 HR.

In order to break his career total, Stanton would not only have to have a whole second half to his career, and not only would he have to repeat his performance from the first half of his career, he would have to better it by more than 400 HRs.

Maybe, maybe, if they weren't testing and he could turn into RoboStanton like Bonds did, he'd have a shot. Maybe. Without that, though, there's just no way.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Maybe in that T-Mobile commercial..
    Marc Gasol’s #1 fan…

This is a serious thread?