Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    God this party is just the worst.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitch-mcc...214329695.html

It always amazes me how slimy McConnell is. Tells Democrats to stop playing Russian Roulette with the economy and to raise the debt ceiling while he refuses to vote to raise the debt ceiling.

Is it possible that the congress could pass a budget that does not exceed the debt ceiling? Would that be too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Is it possible that the congress could pass a budget that does not exceed the debt ceiling? Would that be too much to ask?
    They could, but it wouldn’t matter here since this is debt from previous budgets.

And what is your point? They still have a budget to bring in. Could they not bring one in, including debt service, under the ceiling? We haven't had a budget of this nature in the lifetime of many posters here.

And what is your point? They still have a budget to bring in. Could they not bring one in, including debt service, under the ceiling? We haven't had a budget of this nature in the lifetime of many posters here.
    My point is the Fed is already taking emergency measures to stave off defaulting on our debt. What we do with the upcoming budget won’t matter to whether we default on this pre-existing debt. We need to raise the debt ceiling to avoids defaulting.

Pretty wild that, despite all their touring of small government and fiscal responsibility, 2/3 of the biggest debt increases relative to the size of the economy of any Presidents in history have been the last 2 Republican Presidents (Lincoln was the third).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    We need to raise the debt ceiling to avoids defaulting.
    If this was suggested 2 years ago, you would've went batshit crazy.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    If this was suggested 2 years ago, you would've went batshit crazy.
    Nah, I'm not a hypocrite like fiscal conservatives. I have literally never cared when we've raised the debt ceiling to cover our expenses.

So zero out the federal budget for the next 20-30 years? Oh and I remember how y’all hooted and hollered about withdrawing from Afghanistan. Imagine how you all would politely support withdrawing the entire US military from EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Nah, I'm not a hypocrite like fiscal conservatives. I have literally never cared when we've raised the debt ceiling to cover our expenses.
    Sure thing val. So your constant whining about our debt when trump was president was just for show?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Sure thing val. So your constant whining about our debt when trump was president was just for show?
    When did I ever whine about the debt when Trump was President?

When have I ever even whined about the debt?

Can you provide a single time I ever did what you claim?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So zero out the federal budget for the next 20-30 years? Oh and I remember how y’all hooted and hollered about withdrawing from Afghanistan. Imagine how you all would politely support withdrawing the entire US military from EVERYWHERE.
    When did I hoot and holler about leaving Afghanistan? I did not approve of the way it was done and thought it was many years too late.
    I think it would be a great idea to bring our troops home from Europe and Asia. We spend entirely too much money being the "watch-dog" of the world.
    This, however, is not realistic at this time with the current political climate world-wide.
    As to the federal budget, our congress spends money like they are drunken sailors on shore leave. They do not bother reading the bills they vote for in many cases, and do not even know what the bills will do. I would like to replace all of the current members of congress with people that would be as responsible with the money they spend in government as they are in their own budgets for their families.

Ernst found a way to top reading Green Eggs & Ham.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Ernst found a way to top reading Green Eggs & Ham.
    Marge was showcasing Scooby Doo memes. I feel like not too long ago serious people walked the halls of Congress.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12