0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    **** this game and the Rockies.
    I was saying the same thing about the Padres last night.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Dude, come on, why is it always doom and gloom? It was never going to be easy. Struggles will happen at times. We've been at the top of the division and league standings for the vast majority of the season. Sure, anything can happen in one game, but if one thing is for certain, this team is VERY GOOD.
    Because it sucks that after we get bounced in the WC game the narrative is going to be how this team is a fluke. And they're probably going to be right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Because it sucks that after we get bounced in the WC game the narrative is going to be how this team is a fluke. And they're probably going to be right.

But why even say we're losing in the Wild Card Game? This team has shown all year they win anywhere and against anyone at any time in the game. You know this team is really good.

That narrative would be ********. It would absolutely be heartbreaking to lose in that game, but one game doesn't nullify what they did over the previous 162. We lost to the Dbacks twice, but that doesn't make this team any worse because of it.

Do you mean La Stella should've thrown to third?
    No No, Leone should have gone to 3rd, no question. Longoria was there. And we got the DP ball to LaStella.

But why even say we're losing in the Wild Card Game? This team has shown all year they win anywhere and against anyone at any time in the game. You know this team is really good.

That narrative would be ********. It would absolutely be heartbreaking to lose in that game, but one game doesn't nullify what they did over the previous 162. We lost to the Dbacks twice, but that doesn't make this team any worse because of it.
    Preach.

Because that's where we're getting knocked out at. This team looks like it peaked a few weeks back and I don't trust a single SP on the roster to win us a game outside of Webb and I bet they pitch Gausman whose looked terrible in the 2nd half.

Regular season don't mean ****. It's why we don't brag about the 2002 Giants.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Because that's where we're getting knocked out at. This team looks like it peaked a few weeks back and I don't trust a single SP on the roster to win us a game outside of Webb and I bet they pitch Gausman whose looked terrible in the 2nd half.

Well, you got up this morning with the Giants leading the west and having the best record in baseball. After peaking a few weeks back as you put it and alluding to their sub par pitching, nothing has changed. Also, you arenít a fluke through this many games and injuries. Great teams have lost out in all sorts of sports, it happens. But for my money, this club is already a winner and every team in baseball would like to be where they are and have the season theyíve had. Excuse me but Iíll wait to see them in the playoffs.

Sure, they can lose in the Wild Card, but it's doubtful and it doesn't make them any worse. This team is good. The best team in baseball. Period.

Anytime we have a tough loss you're always saying this team is done and then they bounce back again. So far this month they have the best record of any month with a week to go. They haven't peaked. They're still playing strong.

April - 16-10 (.615%)
    May - 18-10 (.643%)
    June - 16-9 (.640%)
    July - 15-10 (.600)
    August - 19-9 (.679%)
    September - 15-6 (.714%)

The pitching is a little worrisome to me as well. But DeSclafani has pitched well this month in addition to Webb, obviously Gausman needs to get his **** together, Wood's capable having a good game like his previous four outings, and I would have confidence if we needed a bullpen game since we have one of the best in the NL.

Rush, no GDT?

Any team that wins 100+ games in a season is not a fluke...well unless it the dodgers then yes it would be a fluke.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    Rush, no GDT?
    My bad. Had work later in the day and forgot to do it this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12