Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Ifeatu Melifonwu hurt

The Detroit Lions' secondary isn’t getting any healthier.

Already losing their top corner Jeff Okudah for the season with an Achilles injury, the Lions were dealt another awful blow during their Week 2 loss to the Green Bay Packers, as Okudah’s replacement, rookie Ifeatu Melifonwu, also went down with an apparent significant injury.

At his post-game press conference, coach Dan Campbell was asked how bad Melifonwu’s injury was and he responded, “Yeah, it’s a bad one. Looks like he will be out for a little bit”.
    via Pride Of Detroit

So weak secondary just gets worse and the supposed strength of the defense (dline) had been a disappointment. 2 weeks in is early but it looks like the Lions are the worst team in the NFL.

I think we knew we'd be one of, if the THE, worst teams in the league, so personally not disappointed in that aspect. AFAIC, it's a bummer from a developmental standpoint. When any of these young guys are out an extended amount of time, be it Iffy or Okudah, it really hurts not being able to evaluate what we currently have in-house going forward into next season. Also read that Campbell said that Dunbar is not an option to bring back at this point? Get ready for a continuous loop of 2 deep coverage for the remainder of the season, with Collins and Anzalone playing catch up game in and game out. It's going to be brutal. I only hope they get Barnes in there to replace one of the vet LBs some point soon. I think we're stuck with Collins through next season due to salary cap implications, so why not bench Anzalone and lets see how the kid plays in coverage? It's got to be sooner rather than later, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    I think we knew we'd be one of, if the THE, worst teams in the league, so personally not disappointed in that aspect. AFAIC, it's a bummer from a developmental standpoint. When any of these young guys are out an extended amount of time, be it Iffy or Okudah, it really hurts not being able to evaluate what we currently have in-house going forward into next season. Also read that Campbell said that Dunbar is not an option to bring back at this point? Get ready for a continuous loop of 2 deep coverage for the remainder of the season, with Collins and Anzalone playing catch up game in and game out. It's going to be brutal. I only hope they get Barnes in there to replace one of the vet LBs some point soon. I think we're stuck with Collins through next season due to salary cap implications, so why not bench Anzalone and lets see how the kid plays in coverage? It's got to be sooner rather than later, no?
    Yeah exactly

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Regarding Barnes, Campbell, at his press conference, seemed to allude Barnes would be used more this week, potentially on 1st and 2nd down, leaving Jamie Collins in on third down to help rush the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Regarding Barnes, Campbell, at his press conference, seemed to allude Barnes would be used more this week, potentially on 1st and 2nd down, leaving Jamie Collins in on third down to help rush the passer.
    Nice.

About Time! If Barnes shows promise it wouldn't surprise me that we trade Collins at the deadline this year to get something for him.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    About Time! If Barnes shows promise it wouldn't surprise me that we trade Collins at the deadline this year to get something for him.
    Well this new regime doesn't **** around if a player stinks apparently. Pride of Detroit is reporting Jamie Collins is on the trade block right now. I doubt there is any interest in him (unless New England comes calling) but it does show the Lions aren't going to tie themselves to any veteran.

Also, Melifonwu on the IR.

Well this new regime doesn't **** around if a player stinks apparently. Pride of Detroit is reporting Jamie Collins is on the trade block right now. I doubt there is any interest in him (unless New England comes calling) but it does show the Lions aren't going to tie themselves to any veteran.

Also, Melifonwu on the IR.
    Surprisingly, Ian Rappaport's reporting that we're actually getting some interest for Collins from a number of teams. Guess that lone Probowl year still carries a little cache, even for a underachieving Patriot cast off. That said, I read that if traded, he'll cost $3.3 million in dead cap money this year and $6.3 million next. Quintricia's boneheaded decisions just continue to haunt this team long after we trim their deadwood FA selections.

Get rid of all the high priced contracts, let the rookies fight it out and see who shines. Throw this year away, get. The highest draft pick possible and keep building through the draft. I suspect we become a playoff team by year three.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss