Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Wiseman out pre season, maybe longer

today the news came down that wiseman will miss the entire preseason and training camp.

Apparently, they knew all along that he would not be able to do any jumping before October 15th (6 months from the surgery). I remember listening to a Bob Myers interview about 2 months ago that said that wiseman was gonna sit out summer league to make sure he is 100% but the team expected him ready to go for training camp.

But if they knew all along that he wouldnt be able to practice until atleast October 15th? what were they talking about in July? Now this makes me question is the xmas return for klay is a reasonable time frame or if we get to a week before xmas and have them say.... it was expected all along klay would miss 2-3 seasons from the time of his surgery.

Is this the start of a list of excuses for why the warriors are gonna throw away another yr in currys prime?

Wiseman really really really needs to get experience to get better, he cant keep throwing away opportunities to improve. He threw away most of his college career at memphis, he threw away last yrs training camp by not being careful and catching covid. he threw away summer league this yr, now he is throwing away training camp as well. Also if he has no practice time in over 6 months? should we expect him out there on October 19th to start the season?

warriors just dont have a lot of depth at the 5 position and the paschall trade is starting to look like a bad idea now.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    today the news came down that wiseman will miss the entire preseason and training camp.

Apparently, they knew all along that he would not be able to do any jumping before October 15th (6 months from the surgery). I remember listening to a Bob Myers interview about 2 months ago that said that wiseman was gonna sit out summer league to make sure he is 100% but the team expected him ready to go for training camp.

But if they knew all along that he wouldnt be able to practice until atleast October 15th? what were they talking about in July? Now this makes me question is the xmas return for klay is a reasonable time frame or if we get to a week before xmas and have them say.... it was expected all along klay would miss 2-3 seasons from the time of his surgery.

Is this the start of a list of excuses for why the warriors are gonna throw away another yr in currys prime?

Wiseman really really really needs to get experience to get better, he cant keep throwing away opportunities to improve. He threw away most of his college career at memphis, he threw away last yrs training camp by not being careful and catching covid. he threw away summer league this yr, now he is throwing away training camp as well. Also if he has no practice time in over 6 months? should we expect him out there on October 19th to start the season?

warriors just dont have a lot of depth at the 5 position and the paschall trade is starting to look like a bad idea now.
    They talked about that at the time of the injury. And yeah, it sucks.
    Last edited by Scoots; 09-20-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They talked about that at the time of the injury. And yeah, it sucks.
    I guess the question is.... if this was known all along, why is this new information (IE very very different information that what came out 2 months ago)

I guess the question is.... if this was known all along, why is this new information (IE very very different information that what came out 2 months ago)
    It's not new information. It was talked about when he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not new information. It was talked about when he got hurt.
    then what was the update about? if we knew all along that he wasnt going to be ready for training camp and he likely wouldnt be ready to start the season. (I dont think that was being made very clear all along btw)..... whats the update.

LOL and I love how they try to dress up this as good news by saying "both klay and wiseman are making good progress" .... wait is there bad progress? wtf is that? just fluff to distract from bad news. but then it isnt bad news- this was expected/ required all along? not sure why everyone seems to be talking about it on the radio the last few days

then what was the update about? if we knew all along that he wasnt going to be ready for training camp and he likely wouldnt be ready to start the season. (I dont think that was being made very clear all along btw)..... whats the update.

LOL and I love how they try to dress up this as good news by saying "both klay and wiseman are making good progress" .... wait is there bad progress? wtf is that? just fluff to distract from bad news. but then it isnt bad news- this was expected/ required all along? not sure why everyone seems to be talking about it on the radio the last few days
    Good progress means no setbacks. It makes sense to be careful with the health of young big's legs. So many careers have been prematurely ended with what were supposedly minor issues with their legs. Ideally every player would be 100% all the time, but that's not the real world.

Then I wonder if Looney becomes the starter at least until Wiseman comes back? Either way the Warriors are looking not so great first Klay and now Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then I wonder if Looney becomes the starter at least until Wiseman comes back? Either way the Warriors are looking not so great first Klay and now Wiseman
    I think the game 1 starter doesn't really matter, but I think the odds are it's Wiseman.