Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will The Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 33.33%
  • Sox Win Series

2 66.67%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (88-68) @ Detroit Tigers (75-80) | 9/27

Chicago White Sox (85-64) @ Detroit Tigers (72-78)
    Comerica Park - Detroit, MI. | 9/20 - 9/22

Monday September 20, 2021 @ 5:40pm CT on NBCSN
    Carlos Rodon, LHP (12-5, 2.38 ERA) vs. Matt Manning, RHP (4-6, 5.75 ERA)

Tuesday September 21, 2021 @ 5:40pm CT on NBCSN
    Dallas Keuchel, LHP (8-9, 5.23 ERA) vs. Tyler Alexander, LHP (2-3, 4.13 ERA)

Wednesday September 22, 2021 @ 12:10pm CT on NBCSN
    Reynaldo Lopez, RHP (3-3, 3.00 ERA) vs. Casey Mize, RHP (7-8, 3.64 ERA)

Will the Sox clinch tomorrow or Wednesday? The current magic number is 4.

Cleveland plays a doubleheader today against the Royals, if they get swept in the DH and the Sox win today the magic number will be 1.

However if the Royals get swept by Cleveland then the Sox can't clinch in Detroit. They will have to clinch in Cleveland later this week when they play (5) games in 4 days.

I'll be in Cleveland this weekend so it'd be cool if they did it there. I'll have to wear my Sox hat around town lol.

I think it's Cleveland that we do it. It looks like we are avoiding the 2005 slump. Kuechel is off my playoff roster
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

The time to today's game has been changed to 12:10pm CT because of rain in the Detroit area this afternoon and evening.

Rodon looks done. I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox lost all three of these games.
    Cleveland is done too so I guess it doesn't really matter ... still this isn't exactly how you want to wrap up your season. Maybe Keuchel or Lopez will surprise.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Rodon looks done. I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox lost all three of these games.
    Cleveland is done too so I guess it doesn't really matter ... still this isn't exactly how you want to wrap up your season. Maybe Keuchel or Lopez will surprise.
    Yeah now we can panic a little about Rodon in the playoffs. These game I could care less about because we are gonna be in the playoffs, in the 3 spot, playing the Stros. We need Rodon for the playoffs though. Can we get lucky and advance without him? Yeah probably, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Worse case scenario….Rodon off the playoff roster and Kuechel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Worse case scenario….Rodon off the playoff roster and Kuechel on it.
    Only plus there is experience on the roster. I think we should give Lambert another 2 starts if we can squeeze them in. See if he stands out. Go with the hot hand as the 4 man between Keuchel, Lopez, and Lambert.

Or if Rodon is capable of even getting us 3 good innings, we can have a Rodon/Kopech/Crochet BP game. We can squeeze 6 to 7 innings from those 3 if Rodon can get 3.

The pressure is on Cease to perform in a big moment more then ever. We need him to stop being Jekyl and Hyde, and go out there and pitch to his elite capability.

One thing is certain if we need Keuchel in the playoffs. We cannot allow Keuchel to enter in the 4th inning of a close game. The dude has been imploding all year once that order sees him a couple times.

Jace Fry has given up a run in 3 of 6 appearances so far. He better not be on that final roster!

The Sox right now are playing like they are afraid or something. It kind of feels like last season before and after they clinched, they are just not playing good baseball right now, pressing big time.

I doubt they play today as it's suppose to rain all day in Detroit. If that happens all they have to do is win one game in Cleveland to clinch.

Pressing is the key word! Eloy really needs to start hitting.

My concern is that this lull we are currently in, is not a short term thing. Last year, and even in 2005, we played poorly down the stretch, but it was only for a 2-3 week stretch. This mediocrity we are in, has been going on for half a season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast