Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 185
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,846
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Way to win the games they needed to. Voit if awful defensively and almost cost us that game early with 3 horrible plays. He just doesn't provide enough offensively to justify starting over Rizzo at 1st. He needs to DH/PH the rest of the yr and they have to find another solution next yr, IMO.

    Torres starting to look much better at the plate since he went back to 2nd, odd how that happened. We haven't seen a power increase but he looks much better.

    How about Gary coming off the bench cold and making an incredible throw, then goes yard to put the game away.

    I didn't think Kluber was close to as bad as the numbers would suggest, he didn't have his best stuff but i think he's starting to come around. He gave up one really hard hit, other than that it was pretty weak contact and quite a few badly misplayed balls in the infield.

    Gotta give Gio props also, He took over that SS job and has looked 10 times better defensively than Torres. I don't think he's the answer there next yr, but great job from him making a tough position change at the end of the season

    a couple months ago, i was so done with Gardy and couldn't wait for him to retire. Since the AS break, he's been a very good player for us. He's seeing more pitches than anyone else on the team and has played a massive role in CF. I'm don't want him back next yr because they need to give Flo/ Allen a shot.

    How about our new look BP, Chappy looks like he was getting back to himself which is huge. Sevy and German are weapons out there. Holmes is turning into an elite reliever, that was a hell of a pickup. Wandy, Joely and especially King have been really good. And the best news, they are expecting Loaisiga back before the Tampa series. With those guys pitching much better, we have a legit playoff BP.

    These last 9 games are going to be huge, i think were going to have to win at least 6 out of 9

    Weapons in the bullie?

    What about the playoff rotation?

    Cole, Cortes, Monty, Kluber?

    A little thin?


    A strong #2 is needed and we donít have that. And not having that wonít get you very far unless the offense carries you for a month.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,846
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Way to win the games they needed to. Voit if awful defensively and almost cost us that game early with 3 horrible plays. He just doesn't provide enough offensively to justify starting over Rizzo at 1st. He needs to DH/PH the rest of the yr and they have to find another solution next yr, IMO.

    Torres starting to look much better at the plate since he went back to 2nd, odd how that happened. We haven't seen a power increase but he looks much better.

    How about Gary coming off the bench cold and making an incredible throw, then goes yard to put the game away.

    I didn't think Kluber was close to as bad as the numbers would suggest, he didn't have his best stuff but i think he's starting around.

    These last 9 games are going to be huge, i think were going to have to win at least 6 out of 9

    Kluber is just a 3 or a 4 these days.

    Rays will be resting so we can get 2/3 there

    Boston series is the biggest of the season. Cole must start it out well, a klunker will ruin the series IMO.

    Boston is hot now, will be very hard to get 2/3 unless Cole is on.

    Toronto has young players who are very hungry. After the debacle in NY they will have some intimidation factor now that they are playing in Toronto.

    Again, Cole sets the table. He MUST win his starts vs Boston and Toronto or the Yankees will be done.

    If he does win: yanks will take 4/6 with Bos and Tor and 2/3 Tampa and go 6-3

    If he loses on Friday: the team will be demoralized and they go 3-6 and pack their golf clubs.

    Cole and his $36 million will need to leadÖwe shall see what he hasÖ.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,846
    Looks like Fenway Park will be hosting the WC game.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,676
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Way to win the games they needed to. Voit if awful defensively and almost cost us that game early with 3 horrible plays. He just doesn't provide enough offensively to justify starting over Rizzo at 1st. He needs to DH/PH the rest of the yr and they have to find another solution next yr, IMO.

    Torres starting to look much better at the plate since he went back to 2nd, odd how that happened. We haven't seen a power increase but he looks much better.

    How about Gary coming off the bench cold and making an incredible throw, then goes yard to put the game away.

    I didn't think Kluber was close to as bad as the numbers would suggest, he didn't have his best stuff but i think he's starting to come around. He gave up one really hard hit, other than that it was pretty weak contact and quite a few badly misplayed balls in the infield.

    Gotta give Gio props also, He took over that SS job and has looked 10 times better defensively than Torres. I don't think he's the answer there next yr, but great job from him making a tough position change at the end of the season

    a couple months ago, i was so done with Gardy and couldn't wait for him to retire. Since the AS break, he's been a very good player for us. He's seeing more pitches than anyone else on the team and has played a massive role in CF. I'm don't want him back next yr because they need to give Flo/ Allen a shot.

    How about our new look BP, Chappy looks like he was getting back to himself which is huge. Sevy and German are weapons out there. Holmes is turning into an elite reliever, that was a hell of a pickup. Wandy, Joely and especially King have been really good. And the best news, they are expecting Loaisiga back before the Tampa series. With those guys pitching much better, we have a legit playoff BP.

    These last 9 games are going to be huge, i think were going to have to win at least 6 out of 9
    100%
    I think I had said the last 12 needed to be 9-3. They now need to go 6-3 but that has to be winning each series. They can't get swept and then get sweep 2 series. If they take 2 from the sox, they are tied but the Sox won the season series so they take home field. If they take 3, they play at YS (for the moment)
    I don't think they get a sweep. These next 2 series are brutal.

    It's nuts because even if the Yankees take 2 out of 3 vs the Sox, the Jays next 4 is vs the twins, who can hit the ball so they are no pushovers but the Yankees could lose one and still end up on the outside looking in when they play the Jays and that would suck. Because if they took that series and went 1 up on the Jays, they then go and face the Rays and they would love to knock the Yankees out of the playoffs.

    9 games left vs arguably, the 3 best teams in the AL.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 09-23-2021 at 08:59 AM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,676
    Kluber should be a 3 inning starter. Get 3 from him then fill in the rest.
    If he's going well, he can get 4 but I don't see him being overly affective vs a good team. His next game will be vs the Jays. That's a real test.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Kluber should be a 3 inning starter. Get 3 from him then fill in the rest.
    If he's going well, he can get 4 but I don't see him being overly affective vs a good team. His next game will be vs the Jays. That's a real test.
    Iíd skip his start vs Toronto. They will destroy him.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%
    I think I had said the last 12 needed to be 9-3. They now need to go 6-3 but that has to be winning each series. They can't get swept and then get sweep 2 series. If they take 2 from the sox, they are tied but the Sox won the season series so they take home field. If they take 3, they play at YS (for the moment)
    I don't think they get a sweep. These next 2 series are brutal.

    It's nuts because even if the Yankees take 2 out of 3 vs the Sox, the Jays next 4 is vs the twins, who can hit the ball so they are no pushovers but the Yankees could lose one and still end up on the outside looking in when they play the Jays and that would suck. Because if they took that series and went 1 up on the Jays, they then go and face the Rays and they would love to knock the Yankees out of the playoffs.

    9 games left vs arguably, the 3 best teams in the AL.
    on sept 17 the jays did lose a game to the twins in toronto so it is not out of the realm of possibility the twins at home can win a game or even 2 vs the jays..

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,915
    cole has to pitch great tomorrow if he has another bad game the outcry by yankee fans and the media which already has been starting will get much worse..

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,676
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole has to pitch great tomorrow if he has another bad game the outcry by yankee fans and the media which already has been starting will get much worse..
    I disagree. He has to pitch well. If he gives up 3-4 over 6-7 innings, that should be good enough for this team to win. Ideally he pitches lights out but if he has a good game the Yankees will be have a very good chance at winning.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I disagree. He has to pitch well. If he gives up 3-4 over 6-7 innings, that should be good enough for this team to win. Ideally he pitches lights out but if he has a good game the Yankees will be have a very good chance at winning.
    cole is suppose to be a ace 3 to 4 runs in 6 to 7 innings is not good enough with this offense.. he has to have one of his a+ games like he pitched in tampa houston and in anaheim..

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,676
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    cole is suppose to be a ace 3 to 4 runs in 6 to 7 innings is not good enough with this offense.. he has to have one of his a+ games like he pitched in tampa houston and in anaheim..
    No. He does not. Yes he is the Ace. Yes, it would be nice if he was lights out and shut them out for 9.
    If he gives up 3 and the Yankees score 4, he did his job. He needs to pitch well enough for the Yankees to win.
    Stop with the BS of, he has to be amazing. He has to..., He has to be...
    It is not true. He has to give up fewer runs than the other pitcher. That's it.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    First outing in almost two years, can we cut him some slack? He'll get there.

    Exactly. Did someone actually expect something more than what he did? Good grief.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    You get the feeling of how a sinking ship is going down with tonights game and little time left in the season.

    Actually, I got the feeling you're wrong yet again.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    voit embarrassing at 1b their goes the yankee season if they lose this game tonight..

    How would that be the season? Did you fail basic math?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by bitobi View Post
    Yanks trailing 3 zip after 5, their offense is asleep. Do fans think that this team can sweep the Redsox, and the Jays, not going to happen.

    They have swept both teams this season. Not you or anyone else knows what's going to happen.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •