Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Could someone who was watching this game live explain why Stanton only got a single in the 2nd on his 380-foot line drive to right-center? I know it was hard hit, but that the real reason or did he dog it while watching the flight of the ball. He would have scored later if he had gone to second.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 09-22-2021 at 09:34 PM.

stanton has not been able to run fast all year i do not know if he has been told not to go all out because he might injure himself or he just cant go all out..

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Could someone who was watching this game live explain why Stanton only got a single in the 2nd on his 380-foot line drive to right-center? I know it was hard hit, but that the real reason or did he dog it while watching the flight of the ball. He would have scored later if he had gone to second.
    It was hit on a line and scorched. Did not appear to be dogging it. In fact he rounded the bag looking like he was going for two, but had to hold up.

dj has been terrible in the clutch this year..awful at bat...

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It was hit on a line and scorched. Did not appear to be dogging it. In fact he rounded the bag looking like he was going for two, but had to hold up.
    stanton can run a lot faster then what he shown this year ever since his quad injury he runs like he is in cruise control..

3 times tonight the yanks had a runner on third with 1 out and did not score..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    dj has been terrible in the clutch this year..awful at bat...
    No one on base: .266/.347
    Runners on: .279/.359
    Runners in scoring position: .274/.343

While not as great as years past, he hits better with runners in scoring position/on base than not on base.

I know I know, those pesky facts and stats!

Low leverage: .251/.337
    Medium leverage: .286/.357
    High leverage: .275/.381

Do you do any amount of research? Like any? Or do you just enjoy complaining for the sake of it?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Nothing like playing multiple players out of position.

Great managing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

He certainly did not earn his big contract so far this year.Hopefully, he's having an off year and will show he's worth the big money in the future.

wow gleyber gets a big hit to give the yanks the lead..

stanton can run a lot faster then what he shown this year ever since his quad injury he runs like he is in cruise control..
    True. My point it didn't appear he was doggin it. He moves well in the OF.

great win for the yanks looked dicey for most of the game but they did what they had to do...

great win for the yanks looked dicey for most of the game but they did what they had to do...
    It ain't over till it's over. You tryin to jinx them?

Way to win the games they needed to. Voit if awful defensively and almost cost us that game early with 3 horrible plays. He just doesn't provide enough offensively to justify starting over Rizzo at 1st. He needs to DH/PH the rest of the yr and they have to find another solution next yr, IMO.

Torres starting to look much better at the plate since he went back to 2nd, odd how that happened. We haven't seen a power increase but he looks much better.

How about Gary coming off the bench cold and making an incredible throw, then goes yard to put the game away.

I didn't think Kluber was close to as bad as the numbers would suggest, he didn't have his best stuff but i think he's starting to come around. He gave up one really hard hit, other than that it was pretty weak contact and quite a few badly misplayed balls in the infield.

Gotta give Gio props also, He took over that SS job and has looked 10 times better defensively than Torres. I don't think he's the answer there next yr, but great job from him making a tough position change at the end of the season

a couple months ago, i was so done with Gardy and couldn't wait for him to retire. Since the AS break, he's been a very good player for us. He's seeing more pitches than anyone else on the team and has played a massive role in CF. I'm don't want him back next yr because they need to give Flo/ Allen a shot.

How about our new look BP, Chappy looks like he was getting back to himself which is huge. Sevy and German are weapons out there. Holmes is turning into an elite reliever, that was a hell of a pickup. Wandy, Joely and especially King have been really good. And the best news, they are expecting Loaisiga back before the Tampa series. With those guys pitching much better, we have a legit playoff BP.

These last 9 games are going to be huge, i think were going to have to win at least 6 out of 9

Jack Curry
    @JackCurryYES

Back to back doubles for the Yankees to take the lead. Both batters hitting the ball the other way. Somewhere, Paul O’Neill is smiling

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast