Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Very cool. His FB velo wasn't what it was earlier in the summer, but both the CU and SL looked really good with great shape and movement. Maybe between Sevy, King who is turning into a incredible BP piece, another guy that has a 96-98 MPH sinker/2seam, German, Holmes, Wandy and hopefully Loaisiga. We might be able to have a fairly descent backend of the BP for however long were playing this season
    luis had to be at 98 or 99 to be effective against good teams. he was mostly 94 yesterday and one pitch was 95.. he got a way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    luis had to be at 98 or 99 to be effective against good teams. he was mostly 94 yesterday and one pitch was 95.. he got a way to go.
    First outing in almost two years, can we cut him some slack? He'll get there.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Well, we'll give you a gold star.
    Hopefully he sits on the pointy end

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    yanks intend to use him in relief his next possible appearance will be in boston he needs to be good and not flop in games the yanks need.

this is no time for experimenting we need every game !

Hey Day, correct me if I m wrong but Sevy gave up 0 runs in two innings? He K'd 2?
    And oh yeah, he hasn't pitched in almost 2 years?

If I am correct, could you answer another couple questions, please? Why are people such douche bags in their assessments? Why do they always see the flaw and never the actual big picture which was extremely positive?

I'm not saying Sevy won't pitch clunkers or that he will. I have no idea. All I know is he looked good for his first time on the mound in 2 years and in a relief role for the first time in I don't know how long, maybe ever?

Why must stupidity, negativity and idiocracy be spouted ? Is it for simple self importance? Is it for the potential to say "I told you so?"
    I wouldn't mind the I told you so if those people were correct at least 33% of the time but when they are rarely correct and never own their stupid comments, if find it sad.

Ignorance is bliss

yanks intend to use him in relief his next possible appearance will be in boston he needs to be good and not flop in games the yanks need.
    Wow!!! Really? That's an amazing concept!! How did you think of that? Wow, are you some kind of hidden savant? I can't believe that you actually thought of that!!! You should be so proud of such a brilliant and insightful idea.
    I mean really, who could ever think that he needs to pitch well so the Yankees win!?!?!?!?

I mean how did you come up with that?

'OMG!!! Guys, did you see this? It's astonishing! I am blown away by this .

Sevy needs to pitch well vs the Sox and can't pitch poorly because the Yankees are in such a tight race that every game counts!
    Did anyone else think of this? I mean, I am speechless. I can't believe no one had come up with this.

Wow!

Ignorance is bliss

this is no time for experimenting we need every game !
    Another sheer stroke of brilliance. Do you mean to say that the Yankees have to win as many games as possible? Are you suggesting that the Yankees can't make the same mistakes they have made this season and really need to buckle down and win almost every game?

How did you think of this? I mean, are you reading some great analytics books and articles or baseball strategy? The Art of War?

How did you come up with this???

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hey Day, correct me if I m wrong but Sevy gave up 0 runs in two innings? He K'd 2?
    And oh yeah, he hasn't pitched in almost 2 years?

If I am correct, could you answer another couple questions, please? Why are people such douche bags in their assessments? Why do they always see the flaw and never the actual big picture which was extremely positive?

I'm not saying Sevy won't pitch clunkers or that he will. I have no idea. All I know is he looked good for his first time on the mound in 2 years and in a relief role for the first time in I don't know how long, maybe ever?

Why must stupidity, negativity and idiocracy be spouted ? Is it for simple self importance? Is it for the potential to say "I told you so?"
    I wouldn't mind the I told you so if those people were correct at least 33% of the time but when they are rarely correct and never own their stupid comments, if find it sad.
    You are correct on the 1st question. I'm not in the least concerned about his velo, he's been up too 99 many times in his rehab this summer. Another thing to remember is he was throwing his new 2 seam/ sinker as well and he's probably going to to throw that pitch 94--96.

What I think was most important was the command, especially with his off speed stuff. His Cu was actually better last night then before he got hurt. He always struggled with that pitch.
    Yes it was the first time he's pitched on an MLB mound in over 700 days, but he only pitched 12-15 Innings that yr so its been 3 season since he throw consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Dr, we signed him up to be the #2 starter not some 2 inning mop up guy.

He should have just finished his rehab and then waited until next spring. He also looked a little out of shape, not much but a little pudgy.

I would have never took the chance with him this late in the season. If we somehow make the playoffs and he is thrusted into high leverage situations he could overthrow and get hurt again.

I want a full and 100% healthy Sevy competing for the #2 in Feb/March 2022.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-22-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

If we didnít have the Jays and the RedSox still on the schedule I would not even give this inconsistent team a shot at Oct baseball. Those two series has saved the Yankees for now. We will know by Monday if they are a playoff team because those two series are basically playoff games.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Dr, we signed him up to be the #2 starter not some 2 inning mop up guy.

He should have just finished his rehab and then waited until next spring. He also looked a little out of shape, not much but a little pudgy.

I would have never took the chance with him this late in the season. If we somehow make the playoffs and he is thrust into high leverage situations he could overthrow and get hurt again.

I want a full and 100% healthy Sevy competing for the #2 in Feb/March 2022.
    Agree in part. I don't think they push him. They have treated him with kid gloves I don't anticipate that changing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If we didnít have the Jays and the RedSox still on the schedule I would not even give this inconsistent team a shot at Oct baseball. Those two series has saved the Yankees for now. We will know by Monday if they are a playoff team because those two series are basically playoff games.
    that is why today's game are so huge we need either boston or toronto to lose or both teams to lose would be nice.. to go to boston 2 games out it is very unlikely the yanks could sweep the sox even winning 2 games would be difficult..

Looks like Taillon is making the start for SWB tonight.
    Also I like the fact we have to play tough teams. We seem to play down to our opponents, and weíre not going to be playing easy teams in the playoffs so letís buckle up and make some noise and go into the dance on a high note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read on Twitter that Boone says Sevy felt fine this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast