Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Hit it so hard it never had a chance to go foul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL It was the classic frozen rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I'm sure we can all agree that DJ is having a down year with his batting average hovering right around .270 pretty much all year.Does anyone have stats to explain the difference? What is his K rate now compared to that of his last two years? How about his ground ball rate and his fly ball rates? How much of it is just teams learning how to position their defenders when he hits?
    Steve, I explain this earlier last month.

DJ has up and down years. Look at his Colorado stats. He had great batting average years and then snuck in a .270 year but then bounced back the following yearÖHe has this pattern. The haters will say he is in decline but I think he has 2 more good years left before we actually see a rapid decline in hitting.

With Sevy, German returning and Judge, Stanton staying healthy the team looks like they might be able to stay in contention and not do a complete fade. Boston pulled out of their nosedive and thenYankees might be able to do the same, granted, with less games left on the schedule.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    LOL It was the classic frozen rope.
    Dr, that was the Tiger Stinger with the 1 iron.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Folks, Gallo will give us 40-45 bombs next season. He may hit only .215 but will walk 90x and drive in 85-100.

You have to ignore the 190-210 Kís along the way. Now quit wasting your time booing his *** after every freaking K. It gets old!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-21-2021 at 08:41 PM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Jays up 2-1 over Rays and Mets are up 2-0 over the RedSux
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I'm sure we can all agree that DJ is having a down year with his batting average hovering right around .270 pretty much all year.Does anyone have stats to explain the difference? What is his K rate now compared to that of his last two years? How about his ground ball rate and his fly ball rates? How much of it is just teams learning how to position their defenders when he hits?
    I think he's too good of a hitter to place players. I think last year balls were. finding gaps, this year they aren't. I think he's been off a bit with timing. I think he had an absurd year and expectations were high for himself.

If you look at his history, he will have a couple good years and then a down one. I hope and think we will see a guy much closer to 300 next year.

Ignorance is bliss

Gallo can hit the moon shots. Stanton hits lasers.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think he's too good of a hitter to place players. I think last year balls were. finding gaps, this year they aren't. I think he's been off a bit with timing. I think he had an absurd year and expectations were high for himself.

If you look at his history, he will have a couple good years and then a down one. I hope and think we will see a guy much closer to 300 next year.
    Agreed, Iíd be very surprised if DJ did not bounce back. Heís a professional heíll figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judge has been unreal since August, he's gotta finish top 5 in the MVP voting.

I don't care how Sevy does, as long as he doesn't give up the lead, i can't wait to see what he looks like. I really hope we get to see the new 2 seam/sinker

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Aaron Boone says Luis Severino got the belt tonight and was given his first strikeout ball in the clubhouse after the game.

Boone made it sound like it was a really emotional moment for Severino and his teammates as the right-hander made his return.

- Goodman

Cool moment.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Aaron Boone says Luis Severino got the belt tonight and was given his first strikeout ball in the clubhouse after the game.

Boone made it sound like it was a really emotional moment for Severino and his teammates as the right-hander made his return.

- Goodman

Cool moment.

Very cool. His FB velo wasn't what it was earlier in the summer, but both the CU and SL looked really good with great shape and movement. Maybe between Sevy, King who is turning into a incredible BP piece, another guy that has a 96-98 MPH sinker/2seam, German, Holmes, Wandy and hopefully Loaisiga. We might be able to have a fairly descent backend of the BP for however long were playing this season
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-22-2021 at 01:58 AM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Very cool. His FB velo wasn't what it was earlier in the summer, but both the CU and SL looked really good with great shape and movement. Maybe between Sevy, King who is turning into a incredible BP piece, another guy that has a 96-98 MPH sinker/2seam, German, Holmes, Wandy and hopefully Loaisiga. We might be able to have a fairly descent backend of the BP for however long were playing this season
    At the start of this season..if you had told me the at this point in the season pitching overall has been good and the offense has been not good, I wouldn't have believed you. Especially with all the pitching injuries.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    At the start of this season..if you had told me the at this point in the season pitching overall has been good and the offense has been not good, I wouldn't have believed you. Especially with all the pitching injuries.

Sevy could be a catalyst. Having confidence in late innings can change the way everyone goes about their business. This team doesn't need to change much, the hitting just needs to take what it's given. When they do that, they are a really good offense.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Sevy could be a catalyst. Having confidence in late innings can change the way everyone goes about their business. This team doesn't need to change much, the hitting just needs to take what it's given. When they do that, they are a really good offense.
    Yep 100%. I think Mo is the perfect example. He was so automatic it gave confidence to the entire staff. They knew what it meant to have the lead going to the 8-9th.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well other than that I havenít said anything negative about the Yankees . In fact last week I said they were going to make the playoffs . And I still think they will

Well, we'll give you a gold star.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast