Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    It would be major suck for Dalton if he indeed tore his ACL. He was probably set to start most of this season if his play kept trending upwards based on his start yesterday. On the other hand, Fields wouldíve learned nothing from standing on the sideline and coming in for 5-10 plays a game. You donít learn how to drive a car by just taking it around the block a few times. This is the football gods doing us all a favor. Hope Dalton recovers fast, heíd be one of the best backups in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    It would be major suck for Dalton if he indeed tore his ACL. He was probably set to start most of this season if his play kept trending upwards based on his start yesterday. On the other hand, Fields wouldíve learned nothing from standing on the sideline and coming in for 5-10 plays a game. You donít learn how to drive a car by just taking it around the block a few times. This is the football gods doing us all a favor. Hope Dalton recovers fast, heíd be one of the best backups in the league.

Nagy just mentioned during his presser that ACL has been ruled out.

So can we safely say that Dalton has been Wally Pipped??

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I won't be surprised if it's still Dalton because Nagy's a dick, but it's hard to defend if that does happen.

The timing was clearly not there between Fields and the OL & WRs, but it's easy to see the upside in the passing game with his scrambling and vertical passing.

If the point is scoring points and potentially winning games then go with Fields. If the point is being nice to Dalton and "developing" Justin, then stick with that nonsensical plan.
    I think that the best way to "develop" a QB is to play him. He can't develop watching someone else play poorly. Or watching someone else playing at all for that matter.

So as far as I'm concerned, both options would be to play Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Or the offense improved because they played some of the worst defenses in football during that same stretch. Literally the first game we played a good defense with Lazor the offense sucked again.

Yep. People keep ignoring this. People also had a habit of attributing any bad play calls to Nagy during the same games that Lazor was supposedly calling. Guess Nagy was grabbing the headset back in the middle of games at random.

Anyway, I don't really have much faith in this FO/coaching staff to fix the offense either. It will have to be Justin Fields being a superior talent. But thinking Lazor is the answer to our playcalling problems is pretty misguided to me.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-20-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm not sure players learn nearly as much on the bench though, for the most part. Even pointing out the few guys that sat for a while doesn't show what they would have done had they played the entire time.

I'd argue they would almost always progress quicker with actual playing time

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    100% this! I'd rather my QB make rookie mistakes in week one of his career then in week one of his second season in the NFL. The best way to learn, and polish their skills is to play, make mistakes, and develop as a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Nagy just mentioned during his presser that ACL has been ruled out.
    Thatís how bad he wants to keep Fields on the bench. Iím done with this guy. Whyíd you trade a ****ing 1st round pick to get a QB when you have this moron calling shots? Pace can go **** off too.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    100% this! I'd rather my QB make rookie mistakes in week one of his career then in week one of his second season in the NFL. The best way to learn, and polish their skills is to play, make mistakes, and develop as a QB.
    This isnít anything new when it comes to Nagy. Remember couple years ago when he refused to let Mitch play in the preseason because ďpractice was great!Ē and he was soooo confident coming off a 12-4 season? We all remember that first game against the Packers, which basically created a domino effect for that whole season leading to Mitch being labeled a bust.

Home Opener (2nd Game) | Bengals (1-0) @ Bears (0-1) | 19 Sep 12:00 PM | FOX

Extremely happy with the way Desai rebounded from last week. There were still some plays where guys were way too open + the Chase TD, but thatís more due to our **** secondary, but at least Eddie stepped up.

Too bad the guy calling the offense canít comprehend what adjusting means.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast