Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's gotta be fields at this point right?

Offense was moving better with Dalton, easily, but in the long run to have any sort of upside it has to be fields

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Was it really moving better with him though I'm not so sure? Fields should have had a TD from ARobs drop and he got them down to like the 2 and settled for a FG. Dalton had one good scripted drive.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Was it really moving better with him though I'm not so sure? Fields should have had a TD from ARobs drop and he got them down to like the 2 and settled for a FG. Dalton had one good scripted drive.
    The OPI or whatever call that was against Kmet was BS too. That would have kept a drive going in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    He's gotta work through the mistakes at some point. I'd rather he do it now instead of the 5 week stretch we have against the Packers, Bucs, Niners, Steelers, Ravens starting in Week 6.
    You are mistaking me for Nagy, I believe he should be in there now. Itís likely all we have to hang our hats on this season

Never easy with this team, but theyíre a Robinson/Mooney drop, a ******** OPI on Kmet, and some better timing with the 1s from that game being blown wide open. Defense looked amazing against a deep offense and Fields flashed his potential. The offense seemed to have a pep in their step when he came in too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least fields didnít have a day like Zach Wilson [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    If Dalton is fit to play my guess is he is back in there next week. If Fields would have come in and somehow lit it up he probably stays as the starter. Nagy and Pace will be probably be afraid to keep him out there with some of the mistakes, worrying about his confidence.
    I donít know how you can expect a rookie to come into the game in the 2nd half and light it up. He didnít get full starter reps in practice and the game plan wasnít fully tailored for him. Despite that he made great throws his WRs couldnít catch and obviously that big time run while breaking a tackle to get that 1st down.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    I donít know how you can expect a rookie to come into the game in the 2nd half and light it up. He didnít get full starter reps in practice and the game plan wasnít fully tailored for him. Despite that he made great throws his WRs couldnít catch and obviously that big time run while breaking a tackle to get that 1st down.

Iím going to say it again, I am not Nagy. I also never expected Fields to light it up, especially with this coaching staff and offensive line.I want Fields to start, period. What I was saying is if Fields lit it up it likely would have forced Nagyís hand to start him. Nagyís plan was not to start him, Fields didnít come in and light it up and for good reasons, the offense stinks and he is a rookie. Nagy has his excuse to keep Dalton in. Dalton was out because of injury in the first half, not his play. It will all be irrelevant if Dalton canít play, as bad as it is to wish injury I hope Dalton canít.

My takeaways:

-Fields is who we thought heíd be: a rookie that has TONS of spark but makes some mistakes due to over relying on talent vs. skill
    -EJax played hungry
    -Our D has top 10 potential if we get good Nickel play
    -Monty for HOF
    -Nagy is always the dumbest smart guy in the room

Lazor can unlock the potential of this offense if Nagy will just set aside his ego. Heís still the HC despite him thinking he will lose value somehow if he hands off play calling to Lazor. Someone tell this man heís not Andy Reid because he obviously thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Yeah he just didn't see it just like Burrows to Roquan.
    Thats BS...That was a horrible throw, and the guy was right in front of him..Stop making exuces!!

Burrows saw Smith, try to get it over him...slight difference!

Now Fields should have two TD's, Arob and Mooney needs to layout for that ball....Also our receivers need to come out of their breaks quicker cause that ball will be there...Need to know who their QB is...Kids got an arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Thats BS...That was a horrible throw, and the guy was right in front of him..Stop making exuces!!
    It's not an excuse. It is what it is. If you're gonna stress about a rookie making a single bad interception , I don't know what to say man.

Every qb in nfl history gets those types of interceptions

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I saw both sides of the start Fields argument today. On one hand his legs won us the game. He made a few throws that our WRs let him down too, on deep throws.

On the other hand he def had rookie jitters, his sidearm slinging needs to be ironed out slightly cuz some throws sail on him. QBs make bad INTs all the time so I wonít go in on that. Happens to them all. The fumble was kinda piss poor. He got hit in the arm and fumbled. Gotta be better about that. Great effort getting it back though. That saved the game. The jitters were glaring when he got 2 False Starts. I canít remember ever seeing a QB get 2 false starts called on them. He was jumpy on those.

Overall he played solid, but prior to the injury Dalton looked like he had that game under control. When Dalton is making plays with his legs, thatís him at his best. If anyone knew him at TCU, thatís how he would win big gages all the time. Heíd milk games away with his de emotive running ability.

So Id be lying if I said that the coaches were totally wrong for starting Dalton over Fields. At the same time, I felt pretty good about fields on that last drive because I knew if we needed a 1st down, his legs could create one, and they did, and that won us the game.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast