Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 582
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,227

  2. #422
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,828
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I generally don't like to make too many excuses for these guys, but you pointed out the catchable balls here, so that's part of it. The timing with starters was clearly off too, which should be expected for a guy on the scout team.

    I'm not defending the decision, but that's a difficult play for the majority of young QB's to see and diagnose. The Athletic Football pod pointed out that Lamar Jackson threw an INT against the exact same coverage, against the exact same team, just last season. These mistakes are going to happen.

    Nerves, being overly hyped, whatever. It's his first extended run as a pro QB. Definitely don't want stuff like that to become a theme, but like the timing with the receivers, timing with the OL is pretty crucial too.

    The fumble where 93 year old Jason Peters let the edge run around him instantly?

    I guess he could secure the ball a bit when scrambling to make a play, but come on. That was hardly his fault lol.

    This is either disingenuous or just overly negative. There were some strong throws in there and more than that one scramble. The end results don't look great, sure, but he certainly passes the eye test.


    Because Dalton played a decent quarter or whatever it was?

    Okay. You're probably a bit biased to expect him to maintain that pace for an entire game.

    Virtually every report from the beat writers is how much the coaches love him and how he makes several big plays in practice.

    Lol, Mac Jones ADoT was 4 yards yesterday. He looks fine. Kinda like the game manager everyone expected.

    Again, because of one decent quarter or whatever it was?

    Fields has shown more upside in a few series than Dalton has in years.

    Eh, I've mentioned it several times, but Adam Jahns said before the season that Nagy and Pace are safe unless it's a disaster type of season (3ish wins type of stuff). Developing Fields is more important than anything and it's not like Andy freaking Dalton's going to pile up wins for anybody.


    I'm not trying to be overly critical of your stance here, but it really seems you're polishing a turd and downplaying anything encouraging from Fields, which is really odd, but to each their own.
    Not sure what bias youíd think I have? I go off of what I see. Iím Not sitting here saying Dalton is our franchise QB. Iím just pointing out the facts of the matter. And Iím one of the least biased in here when it comes to overhyping Fields.

    All your contradictions to my points are hopes and wants, but they donít really have anything to back them yet.

    As for the fumble, o lineman miss blocks all the time. He got hot on the arm and fumbled the ball lol. He didnít even get stripped, and he didnít take a hard hit anywhere near the ball. He just dropped it on minimal contact.

    As for the eye test, what eye test did he exactly pass yesterday?

    Remember Iím just stating facts here. Iím not criticizing the guy as a failure. He is in his 1st meaningful game. No one expects greatness except the OSU crazies. But he did not pass any eye test yesterday. He wasnít ready and thatís clear. He had at least 2 sailed balls from sloppy sidearm slinging throws. He had the false starts. The INT. The fumble, which was lax ball protection. He probably had more bad then good yesterday, and the stats support that. Heís the future. Heís not the now unless Dalton is hurt.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,227

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    53,227

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    71,341
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Not sure what bias youíd think I have? I go off of what I see. Iím Not sitting here saying Dalton is our franchise QB. Iím just pointing out the facts of the matter. And Iím one of the least biased in here when it comes to overhyping Fields.
    Bias may be the wrong word. The idea/expectation/whatever that Dalton is going to sustain any decent level of play doesn't make much sense when you consider his recent history.
    All your contradictions to my points are hopes and wants, but they donít really have anything to back them yet.
    I mean, you yourself brought up the drops and Mooney not running through the route near the sideline. That sideline throw is a really nice anticipation throw, which is something Dalton really doesn't have the arm strength for these days. He also threw it straight to Kmet in the face of a blitz on that bogus OPI. Then the 2-3 positive scrambles.

    I don't think any of that are "hopes and wants". Those are things that actually happened and I don't think it's fair to just brush them off.

    As for the fumble, o lineman miss blocks all the time. He got hot on the arm and fumbled the ball lol. He didnít even get stripped, and he didnít take a hard hit anywhere near the ball. He just dropped it on minimal contact.
    I said he could have secured it better, but ideally you'd prefer your LT to give you more than a split second to react. He had no chance and tried to scramble out of it.
    As for the eye test, what eye test did he exactly pass yesterday?
    I already went into that with the anticipation throws and throwing in the face of the blitz. Sure, he made mistakes, but I didn't see a mistake that's anything to be overly concerned about.

    But he did not pass any eye test yesterday.
    Kinda depends on the lense you're looking through, I guess. We've already gone through reasons.
    He wasnít ready and thatís clear. He had at least 2 sailed balls from sloppy sidearm slinging throws. He had the false starts. The INT. The fumble, which was lax ball protection. He probably had more bad then good yesterday, and the stats support that.
    Nobody is denying that he made mistakes. I disagree on the more bad than good though.
    Heís not the now unless Dalton is hurt.
    Dalton's a JAG. Absolutely no reason to run him out there again.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,727
    Nagy is a dolt. Geez, we just keep getting idiots one after another. Our ownership is an incompetent embarrassment

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,727
    Its not even normal Dalton, its a slightly injured Dalton. Nagy you arse

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Nagy is a dolt. Geez, we just keep getting idiots one after another. Our ownership is an incompetent embarrassment
    Once ownership changes, and/or Ted Phillips stops making football decisions, they may start to head in the right direction.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    9,727
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Once ownership changes, and/or Ted Phillips stops making football decisions, they may start to head in the right direction.
    Ownership change? Lol, there is a better chance Trump concedes he lost the election. Not happening!

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,679
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Not sure what bias youíd think I have? I go off of what I see. Iím Not sitting here saying Dalton is our franchise QB. Iím just pointing out the facts of the matter. And Iím one of the least biased in here when it comes to overhyping Fields.

    All your contradictions to my points are hopes and wants, but they donít really have anything to back them yet.

    As for the fumble, o lineman miss blocks all the time. He got hot on the arm and fumbled the ball lol. He didnít even get stripped, and he didnít take a hard hit anywhere near the ball. He just dropped it on minimal contact.

    As for the eye test, what eye test did he exactly pass yesterday?

    Remember Iím just stating facts here. Iím not criticizing the guy as a failure. He is in his 1st meaningful game. No one expects greatness except the OSU crazies. But he did not pass any eye test yesterday. He wasnít ready and thatís clear. He had at least 2 sailed balls from sloppy sidearm slinging throws. He had the false starts. The INT. The fumble, which was lax ball protection. He probably had more bad then good yesterday, and the stats support that. Heís the future. Heís not the now unless Dalton is hurt.
    OSU crazies lol that was necessary.


    Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,998
    I actually think the Bears could be an upset candidate against Cleveland. Their defense hasnít looked that great and theyíre gonna be without Landry most likely on offense. Our run defense has been very good and thatís without Eddie Goldman. If heís healthy I think they should do well there which is key against the Browns. I think it could end up looking a lot like some of our games against the Vikings when we shut Cook down.

    Or we could get blown out. That as well lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    14,679
    People on Twitter keep talking about Dalton's average per attempt being low due to play calling that is bs. Fields ran the same playbook and tested the defense deep multiple times one of which should have been an easy TD the other was a drop by Mooney. Had ARob caught that pass Fields doesn't throw again and it's a totally different narrative about Fields statline. All that matters is Fields will make winning plays with his legs and throwing deep Dalton will not and this team will lose most games because of it. If the team wants to win Fields is the only option regardless of some rookie mistakes. Thinking Dalton gives the team the best chance to win now or in the future is absurd lol.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,419
    I think it's fairly obvious that Fields is the starter moving forward. Nagy is doing stupid coach gamesmanship because of two reasons:

    1) He promised Dalton the starter spot and was looking for a reason to switch to Fields

    2) He's an idiot and thinks he can gain a competitive advantage over the Browns.

    Ultimately, he's not really as dumb as we want to think. He knows Fields needs reps. There's a reason he kept putting him in the game even with a healthy Dalton. He's ultimately trying to do what's best for Fields in some convoluted way.

    Fields is starting moving forward, relax guys.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,998
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    People on Twitter keep talking about Dalton's average per attempt being low due to play calling that is bs. Fields ran the same playbook and tested the defense deep multiple times one of which should have been an easy TD the other was a drop by Mooney. Had ARob caught that pass Fields doesn't throw again and it's a totally different narrative about Fields statline. All that matters is Fields will make winning plays with his legs and throwing deep Dalton will not and this team will lose most games because of it. If the team wants to win Fields is the only option regardless of some rookie mistakes. Thinking Dalton gives the team the best chance to win now or in the future is absurd lol.
    Yeah they went from the worst average per attempt with Dalton to the third-highest with Fields. Thereís a reason for that. Itís a small sample, yes, but we have a whole sample of a college football career to know Fields loves to push it downfield and make explosive plays. With our added speed on offense and the growth of Mooney, itís a necessity. We are wasting guys like Byrd and Goodwin with Dalton.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #435
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    22,012
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    OSU crazies lol that was necessary.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •