Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

This guy is such a dweeb.

There's no justifiable reason to keep Fields on the bench. If he would have looked overwhelmed, okay, sure. He didn't look anywhere close to that.

https://twitter.com/darrylconrad/sta...873024513?s=21

Guy is a complete waste of space. Of all the expensive guys on the bubble, he shouldíve been the first one to be cut. Such a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an unwritten rule that a player can't lose a job to injury. As stupid as that is.

Until Dalton is back healthy, we will have no clue if they're going to announce fields is the starter

This isn't some nagyism

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Vs. the Bengals

Dalton:

9 Play 75 Yard TD Drive

8 Play 56 Yards, Injured, We didn't end up scoring

4 Play 6 Yards, Ending in a Punt

Fields:

3 Play 5 Yards, Turn over on downs

6 Play 18 Yard, Punt

6 Play 8 Yard, Punt

8 Play 21 Yard, FG

3 Play -4 Yard, Punt

4 Play 5 Yard, FG

3 Play 3 Yard, INT

8 Play 17 Yard, Milked the Clock to win the game

I'm not exactly sure he wasn't overwhelmed. He was given the best field position you could imagine and did literally nothing with it. Now to be fair, ARob dropped a would be TD, so I'll take that into account. Earlier in the game, Mooney didn't exactly give his all to go up for what looked like a pretty good pass on the sidelines that woulda been a solid gain. But times he looked overwhelmed where the INT, which at that point in the game, with a nice lead, it was kind of a terrible decision and mistake. He had not 1, but 2 False Starts, on him. He flinched. His nerves caused those False Starts. And obviously the Fumble, which thank God he was athletic enough to make a great hustle play to get the ball back. His lone Highlight, was the 10 yard Scramble which pretty much won the game.

We all want Fields to be great, and we all want to see him play, but you are completely biased, and lying to yourself if you think he gave us a better chance at winning yesterday. As a fan that doesn't know **** about what the coaches see at practice, I wanted Fields to be the starter, just like all the other top Rookies who are struggling with the exception of Mac Jones who looks more game ready then all of them. But after yesterday, getting a real look at both QB's in a real game, I'm starting a healthy Dalton for the time being too. Nagy needs to win. Our defense looked like maybe it isn't as bad as we thought. I trust Dalton over Fields today based on yesterday, and it wasn't really that close.

I like the idea of using both QB's too. Fields gives us things that Dalton doesn't. But Fields also doesn't look ready. This might actually be one of the 1st things I agreed with Nagy on in a while, and that's just using my own 2 eyes yesterday. One QB moved the ball with ease, while the other squandered our defense giving him 4 golden tickets to succeed and put the game away early.

But if fields is the guy they think he is , the sooner he gets on the field, develops chemistry with the offense , gets useful reps against different looks on defense/offense , the closer the team is to winning a championship (applies to fields not being the guy, or being the guy)

There really is not any evidence to suggest that sitting a qb helps his development I just don't buy it

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It's an unwritten rule that a player can't lose a job to injury. As stupid as that is.

Until Dalton is back healthy, we will have no clue if they're going to announce fields is the starter

This isn't some nagyism

Yeah itís just a political answer. If Dalton is out even one week and Fields plays well against the Browns, what are they gonna do? I canít ever remember a situation where a team went back to the older guy in that situation. Itís Fieldsís team now. Nagy just canít come out and say it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if fields is the guy they think he is , the sooner he gets on the field, develops chemistry with the offense , gets useful reps against different looks on defense/offense , the closer the team is to winning a championship (applies to fields not being the guy, or being the guy)

There really is not any evidence to suggest that sitting a qb helps his development I just don't buy it

The argument isn't whether Fields develops better on or off the field here. The argument is who gives us the better chance of winning today, and as of yesterday, I'd say that is Dalton, based on in game FACT. Fact based on Numbers, and fact based on the film. Dalton was better then Fields by a long shot yesterday, and Fields was given a golden opportunity.

If Dalton can win us more games right now, and put us in position to make the playoffs, that won't hurt Fields development at all. And who knows, maybe Dalton gets us there, while Fields gets better behind the scenes, and he can take over at some point later in the season if the opportunity presents itself.

Also remember we don't even have a 1st next year, so developing Fields and losing games doesn't do **** for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The argument isn't whether Fields develops better on or off the field here. The argument is who gives us the better chance of winning today, and as of yesterday, I'd say that is Dalton, based on in game FACT. Fact based on Numbers, and fact based on the film. Dalton was better then Fields by a long shot yesterday, and Fields was given a golden opportunity.

If Dalton can win us more games right now, and put us in position to make the playoffs, that won't hurt Fields development at all. And who knows, maybe Dalton gets us there, while Fields gets better behind the scenes, and he can take over at some point later in the season if the opportunity presents itself.

Also remember we don't even have a 1st next year, so developing Fields and losing games doesn't do **** for us.
    Dalton was far more efficient.

But im not convinced that Fields wouldn't perform as well as Dalton given starters reps and a gameplan formulated around his strengths.

Nagy can do it, he just isn't flexible mid game (big weakness of his). He trotted fields out there with a Dalton game plan.

Fields is gonna rookie , he's gonna be shaky, this is the perfect time of year to have him take those lumps (again* imo)

Click here to register!

I think it's Fields' job. As everyone has alluded to, you can't really go back to Dalton unless Fields just sucks royally and even then I don't know.

I've seen some people on twitter say bone bruises are typically 2-3 weeks. Not sure how accurate that is, but combined with the fact Nagy is being so vague, yeah, seems like Dalton won't be playing. I could see Fields having troubles with the Browns, but the Lions game should be a high note. I don't see any way that Dalton plays again this year without Fields being hurt.

Next week will be a big test, not only for Fields but for this team as a whole.

Dalton was far more efficient.

But im not convinced that Fields wouldn't perform as well as Dalton given starters reps and a gameplan formulated around his strengths.

Nagy can do it, he just isn't flexible mid game (big weakness of his). He trotted fields out there with a Dalton game plan.

Fields is gonna rookie , he's gonna be shaky, this is the perfect time of year to have him take those lumps (again* imo)

I don't know if you can say he was more efficient. He completed more passes and led longer drives, but we weren't driving the ball down the field or scoring consistently either. More importantly, it's Andy Dalton. He's not going to sustain anything very good for long. With Fields, like you said, he'll make his rookie mistakes, but if a couple receivers actually catch the ball down the field (particularly the A-Rob bomb) then I think we're looking at things differently.

I don't like the excuses that it was his first game and he didn't practice with the 1s, etc. But it was still his first game and he had less than 15 pass attempts. It's not really a large enough sample of snaps to draw huge inferences from.

I'm not expecting Fields to light things up either, but I don't think it'll be hard for him to be more efficient than Dalton, at least as far as putting the team in positions to score goes.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 09-20-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Vs. the Bengals

Dalton:

9 Play 75 Yard TD Drive

8 Play 56 Yards, Injured, We didn't end up scoring

4 Play 6 Yards, Ending in a Punt

Fields:

3 Play 5 Yards, Turn over on downs

6 Play 18 Yard, Punt

6 Play 8 Yard, Punt

8 Play 21 Yard, FG

3 Play -4 Yard, Punt

4 Play 5 Yard, FG

3 Play 3 Yard, INT

8 Play 17 Yard, Milked the Clock to win the game

I'm not exactly sure he wasn't overwhelmed. He was given the best field position you could imagine and did literally nothing with it. Now to be fair, ARob dropped a would be TD, so I'll take that into account. Earlier in the game, Mooney didn't exactly give his all to go up for what looked like a pretty good pass on the sidelines that woulda been a solid gain.
    I generally don't like to make too many excuses for these guys, but you pointed out the catchable balls here, so that's part of it. The timing with starters was clearly off too, which should be expected for a guy on the scout team.
    But times he looked overwhelmed where the INT, which at that point in the game, with a nice lead, it was kind of a terrible decision and mistake.
    I'm not defending the decision, but that's a difficult play for the majority of young QB's to see and diagnose. The Athletic Football pod pointed out that Lamar Jackson threw an INT against the exact same coverage, against the exact same team, just last season. These mistakes are going to happen.
    He had not 1, but 2 False Starts, on him. He flinched. His nerves caused those False Starts.
    Nerves, being overly hyped, whatever. It's his first extended run as a pro QB. Definitely don't want stuff like that to become a theme, but like the timing with the receivers, timing with the OL is pretty crucial too.
    And obviously the Fumble, which thank God he was athletic enough to make a great hustle play to get the ball back.
    The fumble where 93 year old Jason Peters let the edge run around him instantly?

I guess he could secure the ball a bit when scrambling to make a play, but come on. That was hardly his fault lol.
    His lone Highlight, was the 10 yard Scramble which pretty much won the game.
    This is either disingenuous or just overly negative. There were some strong throws in there and more than that one scramble. The end results don't look great, sure, but he certainly passes the eye test.

We all want Fields to be great, and we all want to see him play, but you are completely biased, and lying to yourself if you think he gave us a better chance at winning yesterday.
    Because Dalton played a decent quarter or whatever it was?

Okay. You're probably a bit biased to expect him to maintain that pace for an entire game.
    As a fan that doesn't know **** about what the coaches see at practice, I wanted Fields to be the starter,
    Virtually every report from the beat writers is how much the coaches love him and how he makes several big plays in practice.
    just like all the other top Rookies who are struggling with the exception of Mac Jones who looks more game ready then all of them.
    Lol, Mac Jones ADoT was 4 yards yesterday. He looks fine. Kinda like the game manager everyone expected.
    But after yesterday, getting a real look at both QB's in a real game, I'm starting a healthy Dalton for the time being too.
    Again, because of one decent quarter or whatever it was?

Fields has shown more upside in a few series than Dalton has in years.
    Nagy needs to win. Our defense looked like maybe it isn't as bad as we thought.
    Eh, I've mentioned it several times, but Adam Jahns said before the season that Nagy and Pace are safe unless it's a disaster type of season (3ish wins type of stuff). Developing Fields is more important than anything and it's not like Andy freaking Dalton's going to pile up wins for anybody.

I like the idea of using both QB's too. Fields gives us things that Dalton doesn't. But Fields also doesn't look ready. This might actually be one of the 1st things I agreed with Nagy on in a while, and that's just using my own 2 eyes yesterday. One QB moved the ball with ease, while the other squandered our defense giving him 4 golden tickets to succeed and put the game away early.
    I'm not trying to be overly critical of your stance here, but it really seems you're polishing a turd and downplaying anything encouraging from Fields, which is really odd, but to each their own.

And I'll just say one last thing about Dalton. He's received 1 year deals 2 offseasons in a row because the best case with him is a solid stop gap or backup. That's his career now and moving forward. He's been mediocre to bad for several years. He was bad with a considerably more talented Cowboys Offense last season. The idea that he moves the needle in the win column makes no sense whatsoever.

Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast