Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Maybe but in my prediction I got Randle taking extra shots and maintaining his efficiency we don't have an offensive guru here or id reconsider but thibs always overplays his best players

How many times last year did Randle get double and triple teamed imagine Randle one on one all the time 28 ppg might not even be enough it wouldn't surprise me if he leads the league in scoring or just top 3

Imo the offense has been built around Randle

Now as far as kemba Boston didn't have off ball weapons brown and Tatum are ball dominant and they don't have bigs like Randle and mitch

A Randle kemba pick and roll alone may get kemba 5apg alone now add the lob threat mitch and obi bring and 7apg may not even be enough
    He didnít get triple teamed lol. Teams didnít try that hard to stop him. He did get attention, but it wasnít that drastic. Atlanta didnít even do anything crazy to him. Randle is not leading the league in scoringÖ

No disrespect to Kemba, but heís not this master playmaker. Heís a scorer that passes sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He didnít get triple teamed lol. Teams didnít try that hard to stop him. He did get attention, but it wasnít that drastic. Atlanta didnít even do anything crazy to him. Randle is not leading the league in scoringÖ

No disrespect to Kemba, but heís not this master playmaker. Heís a scorer that passes sometimes.
    Wtf so Randle never got doubled bofl what games were you watching

Kemba doesn't have to be a great playmake even elf would give us 7 apg

Wtf so Randle never got doubled bofl what games were you watching

Kemba doesn't have to be a great playmake even elf would give us 7 apg
    As usual, you canít read. Did I say he never got doubled?

As usual, you canít read. Did I say he never got doubled?
    Practically you downplayed it like Randle didnít drop 30 and 40 on teams when he wasnít doubled

Practically you downplayed it like Randle didnít drop 30 and 40 on teams when he wasnít doubled
    Every high scoring player in the league gets a lot of defensive attention. I didnít say anything like youíre implying. Teams werenít tripling him. He was excellent for us, obviously. But youíre talking about him leading the league in scoring lol. As great a year as he had, he was 23rdÖ
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-19-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Every high scoring player in the league gets a lot of defensive attention. I didnít say anything like youíre implying. Teams werenít tripling him. He was excellent for us, obviously. But youíre talking about him leading the league in scoring lol. As great a year as he had, he was 23rdÖ
    He dropped 24 with no spacing no pg no reliable 2nd option 28 which is only 4 points more isn't outrageous

28 ppg might be top 3 i didn't guarantee him leading the nba but it also wouldn't surprise me especially in a thibs type offense where he get 37 minutes a night

But what if RJ becomes more efficient and a top defender ppg isn't always an indication of improvement

Kemba has never played with so many weapons before 7apg may not be so outrageous especially with the vertical spacing mitch brings
    Lol Kemba just played with Tatum, Brown and Fournier.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    i think these are a bit hefty, TBH

Hawks were a scoring team for sure and their breakdown had the following:

their star pg at 25
    their scoring PF at 17.6
    their SG at 16.4 and Bogs is a real good shooter at 44% from three
    Huerter at 11.9
    capela at 15

I'm thinking Randle will still get shots but also still remain a 6 assist guy and this year average 24-25
    Then I have RJ at 18
    Fourn at 15-16
    Kemba at 15-16
    Mitch at 10

The bench will have some input and get some minutes. Based on personnel I see Thibs sticking with who is hot in games and this is going to affect averages,

Just my opinion, going to be interesting for sure
    Thatís fair. I think Kemba is still a better scorer than whoever the second scorer is on the Hawks. He was still averaging about 20PPG in Boston playing next to Brown and Tatum.

Also based on that, the only high level scorer the Knicks have is Randle and I donít think heís quite at the level of either. It wouldnít shock me if he got there, but as of now, heís not.

I think weíre underestimating how big of a role Kemba will play. I donít see his scoring falling off when heís likely to have even more opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Lol Kemba just played with Tatum, Brown and Fournier.
    Yea but besides evan who is a catch and shoot guy none of those guys are off ball guys like mitch and Randle we also have evan here

Yea but besides evan who is a catch and shoot guy none of those guys are off ball guys like mitch and Randle we also have evan here
    How was Randle an ďoff ballĒ guy? He was definitely ďon ballĒ this year. Even in the past, he was a guy that got the ball, held it, and made his move. Was actually always a criticism of his, that he was a ball stopper. Only difference this last year, was he added the outside shot, and improved his decision making

How was Randle an ďoff ballĒ guy? He was definitely ďon ballĒ this year. Even in the past, he was a guy that got the ball, held it, and made his move. Was actually always a criticism of his, that he was a ball stopper. Only difference this last year, was he added the outside shot, and improved his decision making
    The big difference is Randle can play off the ball just as well but I'm mainly speaking of mitch evan obi even rj is a good cutter.

The big difference is Randle can play off the ball just as well but I'm mainly speaking of mitch evan obi even rj is a good cutter.
    When has Randle ever played off ball? He never was a cutter, a guy who got the ball and finished. Heís always been a guy who gets the ball, dribbles/makes a few moves

You say he can do it just as well. When has he ever done it, to tell you that? Is it possible, sure. Fact, noÖ
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2021 at 04:24 PM.

When has Randle ever played off ball? He never was a cutter, a guy who got the ball and finished. Heís always been a guy who gets the ball, dribbles/makes a few moves

You say he can do it just as well. When has he ever done it, to tell you that?
    He was used a lot as a roller in NO and was good at it. I agree he is an on ball player that can be a bit of a ball stopper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He was used a lot as a roller in NO and was good at it. I agree he is an on ball player that can be a bit of a ball stopper though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even then, he wasnít the type that just gets the ball, and goes up strong/decisive. He got the ball in his area, made a move or two, and took his shot. He just didnít have the freedom to be more of a playmaker, until he came here. We arenít talking about the Mailman running the PnR and finishing, at least what I saw

Anyways, not being negative about him. Was more saying I donít agree with the idea heís going to be an off ball guy that benefits Kemba. I think we are still going to see him in a similar role as he was last year. Just a bit less reliance on him to initiate. I think itís opposite, they brought in Kemba and Fourny to help Randle have more room
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 09-20-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Even then, he wasnít the type that just gets the ball, and goes up strong/decisive. He got the ball in his area, made a move or two, and took his shot. He just didnít have the freedom to be more of a playmaker, until he came here. We arenít talking about the Mailman running the PnR and finishing, at least what I saw

Anyways, not being negative about him. Was more saying I donít agree with the idea heís going to be an off ball guy that benefits Kemba. I think we are still going to see him in a similar role as he was last year. Just a bit less reliance on him to initiate. I think itís opposite, they brought in Kemba and Fourny to help Randle have more room
    Heís definitely capable of just attacking and I think he does when itís there. Heís not Zion and not going to score 20 doing that though. In NO I think it was more a mix. Last year the only direct line attacks he really got was on the break when he would grab and go. Heís not an off ball guy but I think we could and should do a better job getting him some easy off ball buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast