Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Cleveland @ NY Yankees. Sept. 17 - 19

Fri, Sep 17 • 7:05 PM E

Zach Plesac
    RHP
    10-5, 4.45 ERA, 88 SO

Cleveland right-hander Zach Plesac allowed three runs (two earned) over six innings in a 3-0 loss to the Brewers on Saturday. Plesac struck out three and walked two in the outing. Plesac took the loss, dropping his record to 10-5 on the year, but he didn't stand a chance as Cleveland was no-hit for an MLB record third time this year. Plesac now has a 4.45 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, and 88 strikeouts over 125 1/3 innings of work.

Corey Kluber
    RHP
    4-3, 4.02 ERA, 72 SO

Corey Kluber allowed four runs on five hits while striking out six and walking two in a no-decision against the Mets on Saturday night. Kluber has struggled since returning from the IL on August 30th. In three starts since coming back, the veteran has given up 11 runs over 11 2/3 innings with seven walks and 17 strikeouts.

Sat, Sep 18 • 1:05 PM EDT

Aaron Civale
    RHP
    10-4, 3.76 ERA, 85 SO

Cleveland right-hander Aaron Civale allowed seven runs over three innings in an 11-1 loss to the Brewers on Sunday. Civale struck out three and walked two. Civale struggled to keep the ball in the park as he allowed three homers. It was an uncharacteristic outing for the right-hander, who usually does a better job at limiting runs. He now has a 10-4 record, 3.76 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, and 85 strikeouts over 105 1/3 innings of work.

Luis Gil
    RHP
    1-0, 2.88 ERA, 32 SO

Luis Gil tossed six innings allowing five runs on seven hits and a walk, striking out eight in the win over the Twins on Monday. He did not factor into the game's decision. Gil struggled with the long ball allowing three home runs on Monday. Overall the 23-year-old rookie has a 2.88 ERA, 1.28 WHIP with 32 strikeouts in 25 innings over five starts. Gil could receive another start .

Sun, Sep 19 • 1:05 PM EDT

Eli Morgan
    RHP
    2-7, 6.03 ERA, 70 SO

Cleveland right-hander Eli Morgan allowed eight runs (seven earned) over 4 1/3 innings in a 10-3 loss to the Brewers on Friday. Morgan struck out two and walked two in the loss. Morgan managed to allow just one run through the first three innings but then allowed two in the fourth and five in the fifth. The rookie hurler now has a 2-7 record, 6.03 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, and 70 strikeouts over 71 2/3 innings of work.

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    15-7, 2.75 ERA, 224 SO

Gerrit Cole allowed one earned run on four hits and three walks while striking out seven over five innings to earn the win Tuesday against the Orioles. Cole has been dealing with a hamstring injury but looked fine on the mound. The 30-year-old right-hander has looked great over his last six starts with a 1.35 ERA with a 48:11 K:BB across 33 1/3 innings. Overall Cole is 15-7 with a 2.75 ERA this season.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I like Cole and Gil.

Kluber? If they can score runs in buckets, they can sweep it but I think they take 2 out of 3.

Ignorance is bliss

yanks have to sweep both series at the stadium and hope for the twins to win games vs the jays and the birds to win games vs boston..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I like Cole and Gil.

Kluber? If they can score runs in buckets, they can sweep it but I think they take 2 out of 3.
    jays scored 44 runs in 3 games vs the birds while the yanks scored 2 runs the last 2 games heading to the 9th

Yankees against the Indians this weekend...definitely going to be tuning into this

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yankees against the Indians this weekend...definitely going to be tuning into this
    Great to have you on board Tg. But, my gut tells me you will be watching not as a fan of the Yankees. Regardless nice to have you here.

(consideration given to your local in Toronto, I could be wrong and shouldn't ASSume.)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    jays scored 44 runs in 3 games vs the birds while the yanks scored 2 runs the last 2 games heading to the 9th
    What is your point? I don't care how many runs they score as long as they win.

Winning low scoring games is hugely important in the playoffs. It's good to know how to do it

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    What is your point? I don't care how many runs they score as long as they win.

Winning low scoring games is hugely important in the playoffs. It's good to know how to do it

And the Yankees have the best record in baseball doing just that. Odds are he doesn't know that.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And the Yankees have the best record in baseball doing just that. Odds are he doesn't know that.
    Gotta remember he just post stuff he hears, how accurate it is isn't his concern
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-17-2021 at 05:26 PM.

MaxTGoodman
    ·
    1h
    Aaron Boone says he can envision Luis Severino being back with the #Yankees "pretty soon."

Severino wouldn't be back as a starter, but today's live BP was very encouraging in his stuff and volume of pitches.

@BryanHoch
    ·
    1h
    Domingo German will make another minor league start tomorrow … if that goes well, he’d be ready to return to the MLB roster.

Yankees PR Dept.
    @YankeesPR
    Prior to tonight’s game, the Yankees made the following roster moves:
    •Placed RHP Sal Romano on the 10-day injured list (retroactive to 9/15) with a right index finger sprain.
    •Recalled RHP Clarke Schmidt (#86) from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

DJ LeMahieu 3B
    Anthony Rizzo 1B
    Aaron Judge RF
    Giancarlo Stanton DH
    Joey Gallo LF
    Gleyber Torres 2B
    Gio Urshela SS
    Brett Gardner CF
    Kyle Higashioka C

Corey Kluber P

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Clarke Schmidt will be pitching out of the bullpen for now. According to boone

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Pretty sure I've never seen a team, Yankee or otherwise, ground into as many DPs as this one.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast