Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Leafs Pre-season / Training Camp Thread

Pre-season upcoming. Camp opens up next week. What are you looking forward to? What concerns you?

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Pre-season upcoming. Camp opens up next week. What are you looking forward to? What concerns you?
    Iím looking forward to the young guys on defence. My concerns are the same as every year - goaltending.

No goaltenders stepping up and carrying this team is why we are in this insanely long cup drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Honestly, you should be an MLB scout or GM with your eyes

I'm looking forward to see how guys like Ritchie, Bunting, Kampf ect. do. Pretty much unknowns to me. Ritchie, if he can reign in the dumb penalties, could be a real hit with the fans.

But yes goaltending is the wild card again. Always was in the post season with Freddy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    I'm looking forward to see how guys like Ritchie, Bunting, Kampf ect. do. Pretty much unknowns to me. Ritchie, if he can reign in the dumb penalties, could be a real hit with the fans.

But yes goaltending is the wild card again. Always was in the post season with Freddy as well.
    Yeah my confidence in the goaltending is exactly equal to when Freddie was here.

Leafs I mean y'all do look promising but after last season with that choke job in the playoffs against the Canadiens...y'all cannot live that down or y'all will be reminded of it constantly. But I mean this season y'all do have a chance to redeem yourselves so we'll see what kind of job you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Leafs I mean y'all do look promising but after last season with that choke job in the playoffs against the Canadiens...y'all cannot live that down or y'all will be reminded of it constantly. But I mean this season y'all do have a chance to redeem yourselves so we'll see what kind of job you guys do.
    Been 60+ years of this bro. Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Been 60+ years of this bro. Nothing has changed.
    Exactly. We're preconditioned to failure. Any success is gravy lol.

Leafs sign Nikita Gusev to a PTO. Some upside offensively but a friggin tire fire defensively.