Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Is Bridgewater better than we've given credit? Were we wrong about Cam being better?

Discuss.
    The water under the bridge is a Rivers?
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-20-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hard hard disagree. Much more going on in that play than just a shovel pass.
    I think the action to the right was only supposed to be a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's so surreal. BDawk just sees what he wants to see and there's absolutely no arguing with that.

The center (78 Kelly) didn't whiff. He got tripped later in the play but still blocked his assignment. The TE went to the ground trying to catch the ball.

Interceptions on shuffle passes are extremely rare but if BDawk is to be believed, you're at a very high chance of getting picked off every time, because when a shuffle play gets defended well the QB is supposed to automatically underhand toss the ball into a crowded area of the field at a specific time no matter what happens.

If the ball was supposed to go to 84, then Wentz absolutely saw for a whole second that the play wasn't going to work, because there were 3 bodies in front of him.

I think Wentz wanted to get rid of the ball by throwing it near an eligible receiver, which would give the Colts 4th and 3. He actually threw it in the ground, but the problem is that a defender was right there already lowering his pads to take on a block. I don't know how aggressive Reich is, but Pederson would have gone for it on 4th and 3. So maybe that's why Wentz had in his head that an incompletion would be better than a loss of yards from getting sacked. See, I'm not even putting the whole blame on Wentz.
    Maybe you just see what you want to see?

Carson Wentz continues his sucking spree in Indianapolis LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...608037889?s=21

Looks like Wentz sprained *both* ankles.
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    What if I told you there was an athletic QB sitting at home right now who has a stronger arm and could come in this week and be ready to run the ball 40 times and throw some deep balls [...]
    Imagine if the Colts sign Cam... wow! This forum would incinerate from the pure hot take energy generated by BDawk and MBC arguing with each other over their idols.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Maybe you just see what you want to see?
    Why did you say to MTM but not to warfelg that "Your lack of football concept is astounding." They both disagreed with your perception of the play.

Why did you say to MTM but not to warfelg that "Your lack of football concept is astounding." They both disagreed with your perception of the play.
    Because war was smart enough not to rush to blame the wrong person.

Because war was smart enough not to rush to blame the wrong person.
    Are we talking about the same war?

See my post above, but the more I watch it that play looks like a mess from the start.

There's an RPO element, there's a QB sweep element, there's a WR Screen element, and a TE inside screen element. It feels like a play the was destined to fail from the start. Smith and Nelson are pulling like they are lead blocking for Carson to run. The RB ran like he expected to have the ball. The WR up top ran a route.

If it always intended to be an inside screen:
    The RB and WR failed in their assignments. The RB failed to chip the DE/OLB coming off the edge that got to Carson. The WR drifted too far inside on his route. The TE failed to get to the right spot. Wentz threw the ball a fraction late.

If was intended to be an option play:
    If the play was intended to be an option (I think so), it's entirely possible Wentz misread it. I think as an option Wentz is supposed the read the DE. If the DE releases, I think it was supposed to be a pass to the RB (based on the RB just releasing). If the DE crashes, I think it was supposed to be a run for Carson. And if the DE tries to play in space, I think it's supposed to be the pitch to Doyle. If this was the case, it's just a bad read, compounded by a blown up play, worsened by not the best ball placement.

BDawk, just imagine really, really hard that it was Hurts in place of Wentz in that play, but everything else went exactly the same. Would you be defending Hurts in the same way? I highly doubt it.

BDawk, just imagine really, really hard that it was Hurts in place of Wentz in that play, but everything else went exactly the same. Would you be defending Hurts in the same way? I highly doubt it.
    Yes.

Normally I'd be happy to agree, but in a way BDawk is right here that Wentz snaps around after the PA to pitch it and the play completely broke down.

The issue in the X's and O's is why Wentz's back was to the action. I've never seen an inside screen shovel pass where the QB was supposed to turn his back to the defense. Was it bad play design (Reich issue)? Did some players run the wrong thing (Wentz issue)?

If Wentz was facing the play action the entire time he would have seen it break down. Now based on what happened there you can have the argument as to Wentz doing something right or wrong.

Personally I think it's poor play design. It looks like a speed option or outside zone option with a TE screen to the inside. Meaning there's just too much going on with the play.
    Are we talking about the same war?
    Yes, our disagreement is in what the plays intent was.

Yes.
    I guess we'll revisit that once Hurts actually has his first turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think some eagles fan reaction to jalen is very strange

He’s on his 6th start. How many QBs from his class and this years rookie class are severely outperforming him?

Justin Herbert? Lol

The underthrows were interesting. He got hit on one of them mid throw. And he didn’t set his feet on the other

Of course the throws to Watkins and Reagor are ignored

I think if this was any other team the fan base wouldn’t be reacting this way

He’s had 4 more starts than Trevor Lawrence lol
    This is a rather simplistic way of accessing the situation. How about actually analyzing what we have seen and what we know? He has always had bad accuracy and that is not something that typically gets better in the NFL. In fact, it is extremely unlikely for that to happen. Everyone wants to point out Josh Allen as a guy who greatly improved his accuracy after he entered the NFL. That is the exception, not the rule. If you gamble on a guy to improve his accuracy, you want to do it with a guy like Allen who has all the tools. Not necessarily a guy with mediocre arm talent like Hurts. On top of that large issue, he is very slow to process the field and has never been a good pocket passer. He is an athlete first and QB second. I already gave my opinion on those type of guys.

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast